The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

University College London Freshers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
How are peoples exams going? Maths and Physics in particular?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 41
Howdy all!

Just to let you know that this year's Welcome Festival will take place from mid-late September.

If you're an international student, the International Students' Orientation Programme (ISOP) will be taking place from 19-21 September. Keep an eye out on the university's page for more info on that as it comes through!

The main events for Welcome Week (24-28 September) are being finalised as we speak....woop!! But rest assured there will be plenty going on... We've got some big club nights lined up, but also loads of day-time events including bus tours, scavenger hunts, quizzes...anything you can think of really to help you meet some new friends, get settled into UCL and find out a bit more about London if it's new to you.

We're also knee-deep in planning our famous Welcome Fair - seriously one of the biggest opening events during the fresher period... For the moment, we'll just say mark Thursday 27 and Friday 28 September in your diaries... :wink:

For the moment, the best thing to do is to make sure you like our Facebook page... The UCL Union page is the **only** official page for new students coming to UCL in September 2012, so don't be fooled by fake pages...the real fresher events will only be posted on our page, so make sure you are the first to know! :smile:

Any questions, just shout! We'll be back with more info super soon............ Check out our Welcome pages on our website too for more information, which will be updated regularly as we finalise the plans!

SO EXCITED!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 42
Original post by Luccy.
My course (psychology) starts on the 24th September and can't WAIT :-)

Mine too, Im so excited!!
Reply 43
Original post by UCL Union
Howdy all!

Just to let you know that this year's Welcome Festival will take place from mid-late September.

If you're an international student, the International Students' Orientation Programme (ISOP) will be taking place from 19-21 September. Keep an eye out on the university's page for more info on that as it comes through!

The main events for Welcome Week (24-28 September) are being finalised as we speak....woop!! But rest assured there will be plenty going on... We've got some big club nights lined up, but also loads of day-time events including bus tours, scavenger hunts, quizzes...anything you can think of really to help you meet some new friends, get settled into UCL and find out a bit more about London if it's new to you.

We're also knee-deep in planning our famous Welcome Fair - seriously one of the biggest opening events during the fresher period... For the moment, we'll just say mark Thursday 27 and Friday 28 September in your diaries... :wink:

For the moment, the best thing to do is to make sure you like our Facebook page... The UCL Union page is the **only** official page for new students coming to UCL in September 2012, so don't be fooled by fake pages...the real fresher events will only be posted on our page, so make sure you are the first to know! :smile:

Any questions, just shout! We'll be back with more info super soon............ Check out our Welcome pages on our website too for more information, which will be updated regularly as we finalise the plans!

SO EXCITED!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Hi! I cannot seem to the info on the difference between fresher´s/introduction week and ISOP when it comes to the content. Could you please offer some insight? I probably won´ t be able to make it to the ISOP and I would like to know whether I´ll miss something important (not repeated during fresher´s week) :smile:. I noticed on the ISOP 2011 program, there are talks on have to open a bank account or official "register with the doctor" part etc....Is this also a part of fresher´s talks? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks! (PS: In the ISOP program, there is a mention of "welcome pack" with e.g. forms needed to be filled in order to be able to register with the doctor - is this pack only given to those attending ISOP or all students (via post or during fresher´s week) get it???)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 44
Original post by Dominika4
Hi! I cannot seem to the info on the difference between fresher´s/introduction week and ISOP when it comes to the content. Could you please offer some insight? I probably won´ t be able to make it to the ISOP and I would like to know whether I´ll miss something important (not repeated during fresher´s week) :smile:. I noticed on the ISOP 2011 program, there are talks on have to open a bank account or official "register with the doctor" part etc....Is this also a part of fresher´s talks? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks! (PS: In the ISOP program, there is a mention of "welcome pack" with e.g. forms needed to be filled in order to be able to register with the doctor - is this pack only given to those attending ISOP or all students (via post or during fresher´s week) get it???)

Hi Dominika,

The ISOP week is geared at international students to give you a more detailed introduction to life at UCL and in the UK, which may be a new country for many students so it is a lot more detailed than the following week's welcome events. However, if you can't make it to ISOP, the International Office at UCL is on hand to help you and answer any questions you have when you do arrive and to help you with any of the forms you might miss from the welcome pack.

Hope this answers your questions!
Reply 45
I'm going to be studying English. Anyone else?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 46
Original post by Bputland
Same but im doing physics :smile: hopefully get my grades now! not gonna be easy :frown: whats your offer?

Fellow physicist here!
Reply 47
Architecture anyone?
Reply 48
math with eco , anyone?
Reply 49
Original post by igohardondis
ok nearly 1 week to go, desperately figuring out a way to scrape in if i miss AAA...

I thought they only reconsidered on missing an A* but I may be wrong, and i'm sure you'll be fine with AAA :smile:
Reply 50
Original post by Luccy.
I thought they only reconsidered on missing an A* but I may be wrong, and i'm sure you'll be fine with AAA :smile:

No, if they have space, they usually reconsider. They told me that for languages they'll let in some people who have missed (space permitting)
Anyone attending ISOP? (:
Reply 52
can u bring friends/family along during freshers week or is it strictly for new undergraduate students? & do we have to come everyday in that freshers week?
Reply 53
Original post by whitelily29
Anyone attending ISOP? (:

Hey I'll be attending the ISOP for three days :smile:

Original post by Jyouie
Hey I'll be attending the ISOP for three days :smile:

Where do you come from? (:
I'm Singaporean.
Reply 55
My accommodation offer got rejected :sad: I was so looking forward to halls as well.
Did you apply before the deadline?
Reply 57
Original post by Captain Darling
Did you apply before the deadline?

Yeah I did, I dunno if it's because I live in London, but I rung them up and they were like there's nothing we can do.

Someone please tell me this doesn't mean I'm socially doomed :redface:
Reply 58
Original post by clumsybear
Yeah I did, I dunno if it's because I live in London, but I rung them up and they were like there's nothing we can do.

did they e-mail you?
That's really strange, i live just within the m25 and my sister who went to kings college a few years ago still managed to get in halls! i haven't had any info about my application yet, but im worried now... :hmmm:
Original post by clumsybear

Original post by Farah-Lou
did they e-mail you?
That's really strange, i live just within the m25 and my sister who went to kings college a few years ago still managed to get in halls! i haven't had any info about my application yet, but im worried now... :hmmm:

Ah that's got me really worried now too; I also live just inside the M25. Do you live really close to UCL clumsybear?
I'd seriously considering pulling out if I have to take the train and tube in to uni every day - I hate the tube!!

Also, does anyone know where to find reading/book lists? I can't seem to find one for my course :s

Quick Reply

Latest