Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is Obama The Greatest US President Of All Time??

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
  • View Poll Results: Is Obama The Greatest US President Of All Time??
    Yes
    15.00%
    No
    85.00%

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoya Khan)
    Are you seriously judging him over his speeches? Admiring him for the art of articulacy? He's a president, not a writer. You have to judge him over what he's actually done, not said. Anyone can sweet talk.

P.S he is DEFINITELY better than Bush.
    And even at that, he's in no small way helped by the people who actually write his speeches for him.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Clinton has to be the greatest role model of all time... Oh wait it's greatest US president of all time. Nevermind!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    What do you all think about how the supreme court is using Obama's own arguments against mandates (from when he was campaigning against Hillary Clinton) to defeat Obamacare?

I thought my previous video would generate a huge response. I thought the British loved irony.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j0hn)
    No, as much as I love Obama and his policies on a whole, I think it was J.F Kennedy who ultimately prevented the Cuban missile crisis from destroying the world who deserves the title as greatest president.
    You might be quite interested to read some of Kennedy's meetings around that time. He had a disgustingly relaxed attitude to the possibility of Europe being blown to bits as long as the US came out on top.

Oh, and Vietnam, 1963 Iraq coup, Bay of Pigs, etc.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Made in the USA)
    What do you all think about how the supreme court is using Obama's own arguments against mandates (from when he was campaigning against Hillary Clinton) to defeat Obamacare?

I thought my previous video would generate a huge response. I thought the British loved irony.
    The British do love irony, but we also know what irony means, I suggest you go and find a dictionary. :tong:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anarchism101)
    You might be quite interested to read some of Kennedy's meetings around that time. He had a disgustingly relaxed attitude to the possibility of Europe being blown to bits as long as the US came out on top.

Oh, and Vietnam, 1963 Iraq coup, Bay of Pigs, etc.
    Yep, it's amazing how many people hold JFK in such high regard, I'm guessing simply because of the fact he got assassinated. I dread to think what would have happened to the world with him in charge for another 5 years.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James82)
    The British do love irony, but we also know what irony means, I suggest you go and find a dictionary. :tong:
    Is it not ironic that the courts are using Obamas own arguments against mandates (from the Hillary/Obama debates) to defeat Obamacare?

The most amazing thing about all of this is that Obama is supposed to be a constitutional attorney, yet this is the sort of mess we'd expect from someone who never even read the US constitution, not a so-called "expert"
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is it not ironic that the courts are using Obamas own arguments against mandates (from the Hillary/Obama debates) to defeat Obamacare?
    Yes, if that's what's happening, but that's not what your video shows, your video shows clips of Obama being hypocritical and contradictory.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James82)
    Yes, if that's what's happening, but that's not what your video shows, your video shows clips of Obama being hypocritical and contradictory.
    The video wasn't supposed to illustrate any example of irony. I was trying to show everyone Obama's arguments against mandates which the courts are now using to defeat Obamacare, obama's signature piece of legislation. The fact that he is a constitutional attorney makes this seem like an even bigger cluster**** because even people with no legal background know its obviously illegal/unconstitutional to force people to buy insurance or face fines

Now the administration is in full spin mode, trying to rebrand mandates as a "republican idea". It's still unconstitutional no matter who thought of it first
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    He's the blackest US president of all time.

...not that black. =(
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's hard to have a discussion with British people about Obama because the British press has such a strong pro-Obama bias. Bbc flat out wont cover any story that portrays Obama in a negative light. I'm not sure why this is...maybe tey are afraid of looking racist?

For example, most britons know about watergate, but how many Britons know about the fast and furious scandal? It's a much bigger crime than watergate because actually lost their lives, but the british press won't cover the story
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's hard to have a discussion with British people about Obama because the British press has such a strong pro-Obama bias. Bbc flat out wont cover any story that portrays Obama in a negative light. I'm not sure why this is...maybe tey are afraid of looking racist?

For example, most britons know about watergate, but how many Britons know about the fast and furious scandal? It's a much bigger crime than watergate because actually lost their lives, but the british press won't cover the story
    Well.. yeah. Where have you been for the past 20 years?

Wait what?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Disappointing jobs report. Only 115,000 jobs added. Still high unemployment.

This is given he is considered one the greatest and maybe still will be. But he needs to more than this if he wants to become the overall greatest president by some sort of landslide majority in some sort of popularity contest.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Bro I'm as American as it gets, and I don't know about this fast and furious scandal, or whatever. But I also don't know about this "Nazi-Black" Church you claim Obama belongs to and whatever the hell other **** you talk about.

Also, I don't know much about law (and guessing by the way you write, I think I'm on a level playing field here) but it's not unconstitutional to force people to buy insurance. I'm sure you would be part of the camp of class-A ****ers who thinks that it should be illegal for gays to be married, or that birth control should be marked as contraband and shipped out of the country. That's no different. Can you please quote my uneducated soul the passage in our Constitution that says it is illegal to require Americans to buy health insurance?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arra)
    Bro I'm as American as it gets, and I don't know about this fast and furious scandal, or whatever. But I also don't know about this "Nazi-Black" Church you claim Obama belongs to and whatever the hell other **** you talk about.

Also, I don't know much about law (and guessing by the way you write, I think I'm on a level playing field here) but it's not unconstitutional to force people to buy insurance. I'm sure you would be part of the camp of class-A ****ers who thinks that it should be illegal for gays to be married, or that birth control should be marked as contraband and shipped out of the country. That's no different. Can you please quote my uneducated soul the passage in our Constitution that says it is illegal to require Americans to buy health insurance?
    I don't mind educating you since you obviously don't follow the news at all. The black klansman that was Obama's mentor is a man named Reverend Wright. You can listen to some of his surmons on youtube. Obama sat in his church for 20 years.

As for our constitution, obamacare violates the constitution's equal protection clause. It also violates the Constitution’s commerce clause by attempting to compel individuals to involuntarily enter the stream of commerce.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    yh definitely
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arra)
    Can you please quote my uneducated soul the passage in our Constitution that says it is illegal to require Americans to buy health insurance?
    I found the perfect video to help educate you on our constitution. A former New Jersey Superior Court Judge on why Obamacare is illegal.

• 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    It also violates the Constitution’s commerce clause by attempting to compel individuals to involuntarily enter the stream of commerce.
    So do taxes and legal tender laws. 'Constitutionality' has become a sub-ideology.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anarchism101)
    So do taxes and legal tender laws. 'Constitutionality' has become a sub-ideology.
    The arguments that the 16th amendment was never ratified are nonsense. I've also never seen an argument against the constitutionality of legal tender laws that holds water.

Obamacare is a clear violation of our constitution on at several grounds:
    -not all states are treated equally
    -requires people requires people to buy a product (health care) they may not want.
    -requires religious institutions to violate their religious principles is a violation of the first amendment
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    The arguments that the 16th amendment was never ratified are nonsense. I've also never seen an argument against the constitutionality of legal tender laws that holds water.

Obamacare is a clear violation of our constitution on at several grounds:
    -not all states are treated equally
    -requires people requires people to buy a product (health care) they may not want.
    -requires religious institutions to violate their religious principles is a violation of the first amendment
    I wasn't going to argue about the 16th amendment. In fact, income tax is just about the only tax that wouldn't force you into anything extra because your income would already have to be in dollars. Any tax or legal tender law compels you to have a certain type of money, and therefore forces you into the stream of commerce.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: May 30, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.