The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

where abouts in nottingham to visit to get a general 'feel' of the place?

Going to head up there soon, was just wondering which places I should get round to visit so that I could get a reflective and fair assessment of life there as a student. I will have one of those unlimited bus/tram travel ticket as well btw.
Reply 1
Original post by internet tough guy
Going to head up there soon, was just wondering which places I should get round to visit so that I could get a reflective and fair assessment of life there as a student. I will have one of those unlimited bus/tram travel ticket as well btw.

University Park - Portland Building, the lake, the gardens, if you can get access to the libraries, cafes in and around, you could try and take a walk into some of the halls in the later afternoon/early evening too.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by internet tough guy

Have a bit of a wander around university park and maybe grab lunch in Portland's food court? Portland is the main hub of campus really but there'll also be your hall and subject buildings.

I'd also have a bit of a walk around the Beeston area as that where a lot of students tend to live, shop and eat. There's a gorgeous little bar called The Library that does really good and cheap nibblish foods. There's also Lenton but there isn't much going on around there. Of course, you should probably have a wander around Market Square and the shopping centre too just to see if the shops and restaurants and other things are what you were expecting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending