The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Uni of Dundee accommodation 2012/13

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kirsty0610
I'm in the exact same position! I dont want to click it and be put with people that dont go out or don't like any noise! Also not sure whether I want mixed gender or not.. I think I do.

I defo want mixed gender...too many girls in a confined space for a year means ALOT of b*tchiness :P
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 21
Original post by TheAbominableJenna
I defo want mixed gender...too many girls in a confined space for a year means ALOT of b*tchiness :P

Yeah thats very true... But then mixed.. It could end up like a big soap opera! Girl goes with guy, they fall out, bring other people back etc. I put mixed though, girls would cause more drama than that I'm sure. Did you click yes to the peace and quiet question??
Reply 22
If this "Peace and quiet" issue is so important for you people, why don't you just wait a few days and e-mail the university about the issue to find out what it actually means?
Reply 23
I put peace and quiet last year and got chucked into a flat where nobody went out and were quite reserved. Basically you get put on the edge of the residences, away from the main routes to the union and uni etc.

Don't tick it, it'll be much more fun then! I ended up transferring to a flat where nobody put quiet, enjoyed this semester so much more!

Good luck applying! :biggrin:. Do it early!!
Reply 24
i lived in heathfield when it was first built!...

from personal experience, i think heathfield is better than belmont. Cos in heathfield its more community based. Whereas belmont is divided into two parts, one for undergrads and the other side for post grads, and it just isnt as 'cosy' feel as Heathfield. In heathfield its more of a community.

Also, Westpark is a tricky one. I actually like westpark VILLAS [big room/double bed, and u share with many people, and theres a communal area, so its easy to make friends] but then the new westpark, is basically the exact same as belmont or heathfield..so i personally wouldnt live that far for the new built, but i would maybe for the villas. its a 20-25 min walk to uni and probably 30min to city centre. so its not THAT bad.

how come noone mention seabreas?...its also new and old build there. similar to westpark. i think i would choose seabraes over westpark though.

but yeh in heathfield i was in a mixed flat, and although it was great, it was just me and another girl. everyone else were in all girls or all boy flats, and they seemed to have a better 'clique', since usually it was a boys flat living across the hall, so itd be 'exciting'. but i loved my flat, but if i could choose again i would have opted for an only girls flat.

good luck!
Reply 25
Can anyone tell me the difference between standard and premier flats? Is it just that premier are slightly bigger?
Reply 26
Original post by Lannie447

Have any of you guys accepted your offers?
x

I accepted my offer recently! What course did you apply for?

Original post by Sir Fox

Plus, there is the opportunity to go abroad to ANU in Canberra in 2nd year (didn't know that before). Had an offer from ANU but couldn't go due to horrendous fees over there, so being able to go abroad is just amazing :biggrin:

Awesome I didn't know abt that as well! Is it based on merit?
Reply 27

Just applied for accomodation after accepting offer for medicine on Wednesday!
Went for:

Belmont flats
Heathfield
West park flats
West park villas

Anyone else in a similar situation? Actually buzzing to go now!!:smile:
Reply 28
Original post by JordWard

Just applied for accomodation after accepting offer for medicine on Wednesday!
Went for:

Belmont flats
Heathfield
West park flats
West park villas

Anyone else in a similar situation? Actually buzzing to go now!!:smile:

Wouldn't West Park suit you better as it is located in between the Campus and Ninewells?
Reply 29
Original post by Sir Fox
Wouldn't West Park suit you better as it is located in between the Campus and Ninewells?

That's what I initially thought but I emailed medical admissions and they said that for first year most of the teaching is done at the old medical school on campus with a few lessons at ninewells.

So if I live on campus I can walk to the majority of my lectures etc and occasionally travel to Ninewells.
Whereas if I stayed at West Park, I'd be travelling to every lecture every day be it at Ninewells or on campus.

Plus, Belmont and heathfield closer to union, sports centre etc.:smile:
Reply 30
I put West park villas and flats as my first and second choice just because they are so much cheaper and I really don't mind the walk (ofc if the weather is awful then I can take a bus but really I've used to walking and bad weather here in Finland) :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 31
Hey!
i was woundering if anybody could help me..
Im coming to dundee uni to do adult nursing at the kirkcaldy campus, im sure in the interview they said there was accomadation here but i cant find any information about it anywere!

is anybody else in the same boat? lisa :smile: x
Reply 32
Original post by Student-S
Awesome I didn't know abt that as well! Is it based on merit?

Well, I can't think about anything else they could base it on (except for drawing lots) :smile: Of cause I personally think that students who have already been accepted for undergrad. studies by the partner university should be favoured though :biggrin:

I don't know about other subjects, but as the third year of Psychology is relevant for BPS accredition I've been told that students of Psychology go abroad in their second year. Considering that applications are usually judged around Christmas in the year before the exchange it seems I have to work my arse off in the first few months :redface: I am also confused about the timing - in Australia the first semester starts in February and the academic year ends in December, doesn't it interfere with Dundee's term times?!?
Reply 33
Original post by Sir Fox
Well, I can't think about anything else they could base it on (except for drawing lots) :smile: Of cause I personally think that students who have already been accepted for undergrad. studies by the partner university should be favoured though :biggrin:

I don't know about other subjects, but as the third year of Psychology is relevant for BPS accredition I've been told that students of Psychology go abroad in their second year. Considering that applications are usually judged around Christmas in the year before the exchange it seems I have to work my arse off in the first few months :redface: I am also confused about the timing - in Australia the first semester starts in February and the academic year ends in December, doesn't it interfere with Dundee's term times?!?

True! Yes, definitely must study like mad during the first year! Hm, I guess we will have to wait for the exact details about the exchange when we get there :smile:
Reply 34
Just firmed my offer for BSc Psychology. Yeah! Now ready to apply for accommodation :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by Sir Fox
Just firmed my offer for BSc Psychology. Yeah! Now ready to apply for accommodation :smile:

Nice!:smile: what halls are you thinking about?
Reply 36
Nice!:smile: what halls are you thinking about?

Heathfield is my favourite, Belmont Flats are second. You?
Reply 37
Original post by Sir Fox
Heathfield is my favourite, Belmont Flats are second. You?

Yeh they seem like the better two out of the lot :smile: I went for Belmont and then Heathfield, no reason really - I'd be happy with either. Had a look around Belmont flats at the open day this week, I thought they were pretty good.
Reply 38
Yeh they seem like the better two out of the lot :smile: I went for Belmont and then Heathfield, no reason really - I'd be happy with either. Had a look around Belmont flats at the open day this week, I thought they were pretty good.

Me too :biggrin: But Heathfield is like 50m closer to Dalhousie, also the flat in Belmont a student was showing us on the open day (18th April) seemed somehow dark. I know Heathfield's design is exactly the same, so it's just some kind of feeling :wink:

What will you study?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by Sir Fox
Me too :biggrin: But Heathfield is like 50m closer to Dalhousie, also the flat in Belmont a student was showing us on the open day (18th April) seemed somehow dark. I know Heathfield's design is exactly the same, so it's just some kind of feeling :wink:

What will you study?

True haha. It's probably just instinct because I know a few people who have been in Belmont. I might not even end up getting my first or second choice and be out at west park :s-smilie:

I'm studying medicine. Which other unis did you apply to?

Quick Reply

Latest