The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Uni of Dundee accommodation 2012/13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Maddiee
I got the email informing that I could apply on the 19th and I applied the same evening, and I received my offer at about 6 pm today, which isn't too bad

I applied just the morning after that so hopefully I won't be waiting too much longer. :smile: Did you get a confirmation email or anything after you applied? It says on evision that the status of my application is just 'in progress', so I'm kinda worried in case it didn't go through properly...
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 81
Original post by Verbophobic
How many choices do you need to make on the application?

Four :smile: x
Reply 82
Original post by MeganGraham
I firmed my unconditional offer almost three weeks ago and I've still had no email about accommodation. Anyone else in a similar situation? I'm getting concerned.

I got my accommodation email two and half weeks after I firmed, but the accommodation was only released then (mid April) and everyone who had firmed got them then... So I would email them because they might have lost your email... On the other hand, if you haven't gotten your email to your dundee account confirming your firm offer, they probably haven't processed your application yet. My firm offer email came two weeks after I firmed!
x
Reply 83
Original post by :Sarah
I applied just the morning after that so hopefully I won't be waiting too much longer. :smile: Did you get a confirmation email or anything after you applied? It says on evision that the status of my application is just 'in progress', so I'm kinda worried in case it didn't go through properly...

Looking through my inbox I don't I got one, but they send you an email saying offer waiting your response, alls good :smile: you have until June I think to pay the deposit.
Reply 84
Original post by Maddiee
Finally someone who applied :biggrin: hope you get it! It would be lovely to know someone before we start! Got my room numbers and everything as well, so excited!!

Whereabouts are you from if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks, hope so too haha :smile: I'm coming up from Stirling (about an hours drive from Dundee) going to study medicine, what about you? I know a couple of people going this year too, but yeh I suppose it's easier if you know a few people when you get there already :smile:
Reply 85
Original post by Lannie447
Haha! So will they stay for long? I think I might just drive down with my mum then send her back home asap! Haha! Hopefully none of my flatmates will meet her! So you're flying? Is that not extremely limited luggage space? You'll have to tell your parents that they're not allowed any clothes and fill their suitcases with your stuff! Oh and I think I missed where you're from? I'm guessing it's abroad, seeing as you're flying...

X

They'll just help me with my bank account and then leave me alone! Very limited space to bring stuff.

I'm from Singapore, it's in Asia but really small! haha!:tongue:

Original post by MeganGraham
I firmed my unconditional offer almost three weeks ago and I've still had no email about accommodation. Anyone else in a similar situation? I'm getting concerned.

You should receive an email regarding what to do after accepting the offer, but I got the email after a week though. Three weeks is quite long, you should give them a call or email! :wink:
Reply 86
Original post by Sir Fox
Ah, that's quite a good idea! I'm coming from Germany (also for Psychology) and originally my parents planned to take the car later and drive some of my stuff to Dundee by passing through France, crossing the channel at Calais/Dover and then going up north through the whole of England :biggrin: I don't think that I could fit all the stuff in my room in the residence anyway ...

Cool! My brother is currently studying at Germany for some course in Engineering. Apparently he doesn't want to come back home during the holidays either, most likely enjoying himself too much!

There will never be too much stuff to bring! Once we are there, I have this feeling I will keep wishing I brought this or that along. :/

Original post by Maddiee
Finally someone who applied :biggrin: hope you get it! It would be lovely to know someone before we start! Got my room numbers and everything as well, so excited!!

Hey, when did you apply for your accomodation? How long did it take for them to reply anyway. Am waiting veryvery anxiously!!
Original post by Lannie447
I got my accommodation email two and half weeks after I firmed, but the accommodation was only released then (mid April) and everyone who had firmed got them then... So I would email them because they might have lost your email... On the other hand, if you haven't gotten your email to your dundee account confirming your firm offer, they probably haven't processed your application yet. My firm offer email came two weeks after I firmed!
x

I've got all my other emails, just waiting for the accommodation. I'm just gonna bite the bullet and email them. It's not as straight forward as I had anticipated! :P
Reply 88
Original post by Student-S
Cool! My brother is currently studying at Germany for some course in Engineering. Apparently he doesn't want to come back home during the holidays either, most likely enjoying himself too much!

There will never be too much stuff to bring! Once we are there, I have this feeling I will keep wishing I brought this or that along. :/

Nice, where does he live? Well, sure I'd miss stuff, but where to store it? I'd really like to bring the 450 books from my room at home, but I don't think a 13 sqm room in residences can hold that :biggrin: I guess I'll start bringing some more stuff when I move into private accommodation in third year ...
Reply 89
Got my accommodation offer today! Belmont flats - flat 48! Anyone else got yet?:smile::smile:
Reply 90
Same! I'm Belmont Flats, Flat 47! :smile:
Reply 91
Original post by nina94

Sweet! Just across the hall (or something) haha! What are you studying?:smile:
Reply 92
Original post by nina94

Heyyy! I'm Belmont flat 47 too! Woo! Finally someone :biggrin:
Reply 93
Are you actually!? wow! i haven't accepted it yet, but im probably going to be! What room are you? x
Reply 94
Original post by JordWard
Sweet! Just across the hall (or something) haha! What are you studying?:smile:

Yeah something like that! Im going to do geography, but im hoping to take some other subjects too, just to make sure if thats actually what i want to do! What are you studying? :smile: x
Reply 95
I'm going to be in west park villas! It was my first choice because it's cheaper haha and there is a large bed and obviously I don't mind the walk :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 96
Heathfield : )
flat 2...anyone else...?
Reply 97
Original post by Sir Fox
Nice, where does he live? Well, sure I'd miss stuff, but where to store it? I'd really like to bring the 450 books from my room at home, but I don't think a 13 sqm room in residences can hold that :biggrin: I guess I'll start bringing some more stuff when I move into private accommodation in third year ...

Stuttgart(?) is that how you spell it, I forgot. Haha. I'm bringing some books along though, occupy me for my extremely long plane+train journey.

Oh man oh man. More and more people are getting their accommodation, hopefully can get my first choice!
Hey,
Got my flat offer yesterday, anyone else in Heathfield flat 7? :smile:

x
Reply 99

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending