The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Uni of Dundee accommodation 2012/13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by Sir Fox
Germany, as you already stated. Lived in Ghana for one year, now going to Scotland. Trying to become a cosmopolitan :smile:

ah, yeah. Just a routine ask, lol. Didn't even think before writing there. Never hurts to gather some experience. :smile: Did you like Ghana?
(edited 11 years ago)
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 161
Original post by richarrrdo
O_o. Never knew DIxD shared a 1st year with Product Design.
This course gets better and better.

I know! I remember at one point this year feeling really down because I'd never really realised how great the DixD course sounded and had only applied to Product Design, and then I went to meet the head of PD just over a month ago and he told me that this was the first year they were doing a general first year. I was over the moon! You can choose which course you want to do at the start of your 2nd year :smile: x
Reply 162
Original post by Student-S
Yeah, I'm sure every uni will have some bad rumours or what not. Hm, it took about 3 weeks to get my confirmation email though!

Yeah... Well it's not the uni but the city... But to me it sounds really appealing because there's a much higher percentage of students per head of population than any other scottish city :smile: x
Reply 163
Original post by marcjames
aww i know so crazy i love meeting folk haha! em community learning and development and yourself?

I need to meet folk! moving from London, scary timess! aww sweet :smile: i'm doing maths and economics aha :')
Reply 164
Original post by Maddiee
I need to meet folk! moving from London, scary timess! aww sweet :smile: i'm doing maths and economics aha :')

yer we are friends on FB now well thats good as im bad at maths so if i need help i know where to come :smile:
Reply 165
Original post by Lannie447
Yeah... Well it's not the uni but the city... But to me it sounds really appealing because there's a much higher percentage of students per head of population than any other scottish city :smile: x

Hahaa I get teased for it too! 'Goodluck in Scumdee' is a popular one.. I hope the rumours of it being scummy arnt true!
Reply 166
Original post by shona_garland
So when I was applying for accommodation, I ticked the box for peace and quiet... mostly because I'm studying dentistry and I know that the course is gonna be quite intense and I don't really want to be disturbed when I'll be studying. Now I'm kinda worried that I'll end up sharing with people who don't go out or that...? I'm not really sure, but I got put into Flat 42 in Belmont Flats.

Hey, I'm doing dentistry too! :smile:
how long has everyone waited before hearing back about their accommodation offers? :smile:
Hello! I'm in Belmont Flats, Flat 43. Anyone in the same flat as me?
Btw I'm an international student doing Dentistry:smile:
Reply 169

I actually rmb reading another post on this topic in this forum.
But anyway, I'm sure it'll be fine though! :wink:
Reply 170
Original post by invisiblegal
Hello! I'm in Belmont Flats, Flat 43. Anyone in the same flat as me?
Btw I'm an international student doing Dentistry:smile:

Wherefrom?
Reply 171
Original post by MeganGraham
how long has everyone waited before hearing back about their accommodation offers? :smile:

Some people only waited 6 days, but I waited about 12. I think it can be any time up to 2 weeks after you've applied. :smile:
Reply 172
I'd never really realised how great the DixD course sounded and had only applied to Product Design, and then I went to meet the head of PD just over a month ago and he told me that this was the first year they were doing a general first year

I'm going to be in DixD, so might see you quite a bit in first year! :smile:
Original post by :Sarah
Some people only waited 6 days, but I waited about 12. I think it can be any time up to 2 weeks after you've applied. :smile:

I don't have the patience for this! Haha. I get so worked up and worried :frown: I just want to know where I'll be living and who with :smile:
Original post by harisdr
Hey, I'm doing dentistry too! :smile:

Ohh, yeah? :biggrin: Where are you from, if you don't mind my asking? :smile:
Reply 175
I don't have the patience for this! Haha. I get so worked up and worried :frown: I just want to know where I'll be living and who with :smile:

I know how you feel! After 2 days waiting I thought it had already been a week. What accommodation did you apply for? :smile:
I know how you feel! After 2 days waiting I thought it had already been a week. What accommodation did you apply for? :smile:

I've gone for Belmont Flats, Heathfield, Belmont Tower and Seabraes in that order :smile: I just can't wait for September! Have you had confirmation of your accommodation? :smile:
Reply 177
I've gone for Belmont Flats, Heathfield, Belmont Tower and Seabraes in that order :smile: I just can't wait for September! Have you had confirmation of your accommodation? :smile:

Yeh! Heathfield flat 5. So excited now! Although the ground floor should be interesting haha... When did you apply? :smile:
Yeh! Heathfield flat 5. So excited now! Although the ground floor should be interesting haha... When did you apply? :smile:

I'm sure it'll be fine :P, although, I'm hoping I'm a bit further up :smile: It seems so far away! I only got my application email through on Tuesday morning, even though I firmed over three weeks ago :frown: I'm almost demented! :redface:
Reply 179
I'm sure it'll be fine :P, although, I'm hoping I'm a bit further up :smile: It seems so far away! I only got my application email through on Tuesday morning, even though I firmed over three weeks ago :frown: I'm almost demented! :redface:

I said on my application that I'd prefer to not be on the ground floor, but I guess we don't really have a say in it. I found it quite funny though that out of all the flats I got a ground floor one! Haha, I don't really mind. I guess I'll have no stairs :^_^: That was a pretty long wait just for the email! I'm sure they wont be much longer getting back though :smile: What are you studying?

Quick Reply