What's your idea of good GCSE grades?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Azarimanka
HAHA

Wish I was as funny as you. :troll:
Reply 121
Original post by Iron Lady
You are aware of the poor behaviour at comprehensives in deprived areas?

Yes, that's why i said what i said.
Reply 122
Original post by Contrad!ction.
Ah, this. Food Tech? What was I thinking?

Hahah, art for me!
Reply 123
Original post by Moiraclaire
Disagree entirely. If you are bright and have self-respect, you should put the effort in no matter what, as you know employers and/or uni will see it somewhere down the line.

I hated Art and knew it was totally irrelevant for what I want to do. But a random C in art would make it appear that I won't put effort in to things I don't enjoy. I personally don't want people to think that about me.

So I put the effort in and got the A*.

A "random" C?

If you ended up taking subjects that didn't play to your strengths then obviously that's a mistake which could cost you grades you may have otherwise had got if you chose a "better" subjuct.
Being bright has nothing to do with art anyway. As you mentioned it, just today we were looking through the last year 11's books. Many of those we thought were excellent were getting Bs and the worse ones in most peoples opinion getting the As. Therefore i think art in particular is very hard to know if you are doing it right.

Not everyone can get an A* in subjects they are no good at. People regret taking subjects because generally the work they seem to be putting in is not recognised when it is marked.
Original post by Dalek1099
not necessarily colleges often want an A in that subject eg.languages and further maths

they will accept you with a B if you impress them at interview trust me.
Reply 125
Original post by Kruz
Me too I got 4 B's & 4 C's

we're the best. I think for people like us, as long as we're breathing and our hearts doing ok - thats what matters!
Original post by uttamo
Wish I was as funny as you. :troll:

Did you try really hard and only get 1 or 2?
Reply 127
Original post by uttamo
You have good GCSEs and you're coming on here saying they're 'piss easy'. How do you think people who have tried hard and got like 1 or 2 A*s feel?

I'd imagine they would feel pretty ****.
Reply 128
Cs in most subjects, B-A*s in ones you particularly like and want to study and try hard at and Ds in the ones you were unlucky with. It all depends on the person and C is the average, base it relative to you not our opinions. I got 3 A*s, 3 As, 2 Bs, 1C and a D. :L
Reply 129
Did you try really hard and only get 1 or 2?

No I didn't. I messed up too and got 6.
A*'s-B's im hoping for, i'll probably be disappointed with any C's if i'm honest :/
Reply 131
It all depends on the person. I have quite high standards for myself but that's only because I think I'm capable of achieving them - if someone else got worse I don't think it means that they didn't put enough effort in etc.
9 B's and 1 C.

*slits wrists*
Well personally, I'm aiming for a mixture of A's and B's, maybe a few A*s if I'm lucky :tongue:

But last year when a few friends of mine got their GCSE results (they're a year older than me), one of them was upset with 9 A*s and 2A's because of those 2 A's, and another friend got 5 C's and 2 B's and we were all really proud of her because it meant she could get into her college course :biggrin:

So everyone has different standards but as long as the individual is happy with them and is able to continue onto whatever career/study path they want to, then all is good in my opinion :biggrin:
Reply 134

I honestly fail to understand how some people are so stupid that they get ANY Cs and below unless there are personal reasons involved.

Very insensitive comment. You need to get out more if you seriously think that way.

I go to a public school and have many friends who, if they got a mixture of Bs and Cs they'd be bouncing off the walls. Clearly GCSEs aren't as 'easy' for everyone as you seem to think they are. And you can't expect to be calling people 'stupid' just because they aren't good academically and not be told you are 'arrogant'
I think that B's and anything higher than it is good.
Original post by Paparazzo
I think that B's and anything higher than it is good.

you can have a few Bs in your set and still have good results but a B is a poor result because its only just above average and that is my current grade in Science,which I'm currently failing.The way my mentoring works Bs count as failing,in most subjects including science.
(edited 12 years ago)
anything above a C
Reply 138
I'm honestly steering towards the C grades and above. I am not one of those geniuses who will come out with a sophisticated line of A*s on their GCSE exam results paper, I am just a student who is on the C/D borderline for most subjects and can possibly get a few B grades as well. I'm not smart but I'm not the most stupid student.
Reply 139
All A*'s, and 1 or 2 A's

Quick Reply

Latest