The Student Room Group

Bishop Grosseteste University Lincoln - PGCE Primary

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shelbel
Yeah I'm guessing we must get it then. Have you all joined the page on Facebook? Well as for me looks like I will be joining you for the whole year - scan yesterday showed baby has stopped growing and heartbeat stopped :frown: xx

So sorry to hear your news Shelbel; I've been there so know how you feel. Hope you're doing OK.
Reply 181
Thanks everyone, I've been a lot better but at least the course is not far away now so got something positive to focus on and look forward too xx
Reply 182
Original post by shetland28
Find the sample papers for QTS Maths online - if you can do those then the numeracy test is much easier.

There's not a lot of preparation you can do for the written test other than let your imagination run riot from the photographs. Come up with lots of ideas to show you can be creative and remember the last task on the written task does say 'concise'.

Try to learn your presentation. Certainly don't read it without looking at your audience (those that did didn't get through to the afternoon interviews). Most people had prompt cards but I did mine without as my thinking was, you wouldn't stand in front of a class of children with postcards and read your lesson! Include some element in your presentation that involves the audience - there was a wide range of these (show of hands, singing, writing descriptions, discussion on a point raised). If you're going to use powerpoint then just bullet-point your topics, don't type your entire presentation out (your audience can read!)

There was a wide range of topics for the presentations so don't worry about what you choose - it's about how you present it, have you researched what they've asked you for etc?

The interview questions did seem to vary slightly person to person when I was there and there weren't that many questions per person. They interview the people who live furthest away first so do be prepared for a wait. I was the last interview of the day.

It's the school holidays at the moment so traffic in Lincoln is significantly quieter than normal.

Hope that helps.

thank you shetland 28 and sorry for the late reply I'm new to this forum and still finding my way around lol I thought I had replied back lol the nerves are starting to really kick in and I feel so unprepared :frown: had a busy couple of weeks and haven't been able to prepare for it properly hopefully it's enough to pass

thanks once again :smile:
Original post by Becca2012
thank you shetland 28 and sorry for the late reply I'm new to this forum and still finding my way around lol I thought I had replied back lol the nerves are starting to really kick in and I feel so unprepared :frown: had a busy couple of weeks and haven't been able to prepare for it properly hopefully it's enough to pass

thanks once again :smile:

Good Luck. When is your interview?
Reply 184
Good Luck. When is your interview?

Next wednesday :-/ so nervous lol
Next wednesday :-/ so nervous lol

How did you get on?
Reply 186
How did you get on?

Sorry for the late reply been a bit busy but yes I got on :biggrin: im so happy
the interview etc was much easier then I expected and thank you all for your help because it was very helpful. Everything you mentioned in this thread came up :smile:

I haven't heard anything from the uni yet though I know I will be going into enrol etc on Tuesday 11th and that lectures start from Wednesday 12th?! so just a little worried but I will be calling up tomorrow I think.

I can't wait to get started now :biggrin:
Reply 187
Sorry for the late reply been a bit busy but yes I got on :biggrin: im so happy
the interview etc was much easier then I expected and thank you all for your help because it was very helpful. Everything you mentioned in this thread came up :smile:

I haven't heard anything from the uni yet though I know I will be going into enrol etc on Tuesday 11th and that lectures start from Wednesday 12th?! so just a little worried but I will be calling up tomorrow I think.

I can't wait to get started now :biggrin:

Aww congrats!!! Yay yeah lectures start on the 12th. Good idea give them a call

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 188
Original post by pineapple86
Aww congrats!!! Yay yeah lectures start on the 12th. Good idea give them a call

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile:
Join teh facebook page thee ismore information on there because it seems BG are crap at giving info. some people have some that others dont. Its Bishop Grosseteste PGCE Primary. and congrats :smile: xx

Notifications

Reply 190
Original post by tashmuntaner
Join teh facebook page thee ismore information on there because it seems BG are crap at giving info. some people have some that others dont. Its Bishop Grosseteste PGCE Primary. and congrats :smile: Xx

Thankyou :smile:
I have tried looking for the facebook group but can't find it. Could you send me a link or something please? All the groups I find are from previous years and are closed. Thanks :smile:
Reply 191
Original post by tashmuntaner
Join teh facebook page thee ismore information on there because it seems BG are crap at giving info. some people have some that others dont. Its Bishop Grosseteste PGCE Primary. and congrats :smile: xx

I found it and have joined thank you :smile: its been a great help :smile:
Hi Im enrolling tomorrow for lower primary. I didn't get ANY info about the 0-3 placement or provisional timetable and now worried as just read the threads for first time!!! I had no idea about placement. can anyone let me know how it went today for those that enrolled today? also what our first week of lectures is like as no idea and kids to sort!!! thanks :-)
Reply 193
Original post by Sarahsmithy
Hi Im enrolling tomorrow for lower primary. I didn't get ANY info about the 0-3 placement or provisional timetable and now worried as just read the threads for first time!!! I had no idea about placement. can anyone let me know how it went today for those that enrolled today? also what our first week of lectures is like as no idea and kids to sort!!! thanks :-)

Don't panic!!! The placement you need to do for 3 days needs to be done by the end of the course so you still have time to do it. Provisional timetable doesn't matter cos they gave the real one today. We are in weds-Fri, 9am-4pm this week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest