Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Been caught under age drinking

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014

Hi there, anonymous please as it's kind of embarrassing. Basically I was at a gig last night with some friends. Most of us are 18, but me and another guy are still only 17 - 18 in about 3 weeks. Anyway, one of the 18 year old friends finishes a beer and goes to get another one and offers me the dregs, so I say sure why not and just finish it.

Straight up a bouncer comes and drags me off, starts shouting in my face about how they could lose their licence and stuff. He has a fair point, and I don't argue with him about the illegality of what I did. The only problem is he is trying to kick me out into a city I don't know very well at all. I don't know the way back to the friend's flat I am staying, it is locked and I don't have a phone. He wouldn't get my mate or let me go see him to at least ask for directions and the key. I'm really worried about being out on my ass for 2 hours until the gig finishes, but this bouncer is remorseless. He says unless I leave now I'll be getting a knock on my door in a couple of days. He took my ticket which has my name and address on it and wrote under ager on it.

I'm pretty paranoid that he's going to phone up the police and get me done or something. If he does, what's the worst I could get? I wasn't drunk, I was behaving well and not causing any hassle in the venue. Just worried I'll not be accepted into uni if I have a record. Stressed! Cheers for any advice...
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Where were you that allowed in under 18's yet served alcohol? That's quite odd...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    don't worry just sit around the corner/ go to a mc donalds till it finishes then go find your friends at the end

edit: iv had to find my friends after a gig twice with no phone, one was a couple of thousand capacity so it is possible!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Wait, how are you actually typing this? :confused:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    If it happened last night, what did you do? Did you leave, get kicked out, stay?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    Where were you that allowed in under 18's yet served alcohol? That's quite odd...
    It's not illegal to be in a building that serves alcohol if you're under 18.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi there, anonymous please as it's kind of embarrassing. Basically I was at a gig last night with some friends. Most of us are 18, but me and another guy are still only 17 - 18 in about 3 weeks. Anyway, one of the 18 year old friends finishes a beer and goes to get another one and offers me the dregs, so I say sure why not and just finish it.

Straight up a bouncer comes and drags me off, starts shouting in my face about how they could lose their licence and stuff. He has a fair point, and I don't argue with him about the illegality of what I did. The only problem is he is trying to kick me out into a city I don't know very well at all. I don't know the way back to the friend's flat I am staying, it is locked and I don't have a phone. He wouldn't get my mate or let me go see him to at least ask for directions and the key. I'm really worried about being out on my ass for 2 hours until the gig finishes, but this bouncer is remorseless. He says unless I leave now I'll be getting a knock on my door in a couple of days. He took my ticket which has my name and address on it and wrote under ager on it.

I'm pretty paranoid that he's going to phone up the police and get me done or something. If he does, what's the worst I could get? I wasn't drunk, I was behaving well and not causing any hassle in the venue. Just worried I'll not be accepted into uni if I have a record. Stressed! Cheers for any advice...

(Original post by MutantGecko)
    don't worry just sit around the corner/ go to a mc donalds till it finishes then go find your friends at the end

edit: iv had to find my friends after a gig twice with no phone, one was a couple of thousand capacity so it is possible!
    He's not still there from the sounds of it.

(Original post by umop apisdn)
    Wait, how are you actually typing this? :confused:
    The bit in bold is how.

OP you've nothing to worry from the police.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    A music gig. It says in the OP.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by limetang)
    It's not illegal to be in a building that serves alcohol if you're under 18.
    I know it isn't but I wouldn't say it's the norm for a 'bar/club' to allow under 18's in the venue and serve alcohol during the night. So I was just curious as to whether it was owned by a chain, or a small independent place.

OP I wouldn't worry, worst comes to worst and the police do contact you, just admit to it and say that they served you and had been happily serving you all night. If you're going down, drag them down with you :cool:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by original_username)
    A music gig. It says in the OP.
    Where was he attending, not what was he attending.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wow, strict bouncer! How did he even know you were under 18? Did he keep tabs on people who were?

Anyhoo, you don't need to worry about it and it definitely won't be going on your criminal record.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Scare tactics, the bouncers wouldn't dare contact the police as they'd get asked questions about how and why under 18s were getting served and it would give them unwanted attention.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    Where was he attending, not what was he attending.
    Take your pick. They all serve alcohol.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by original_username)
    Take your pick. They all serve alcohol.
    Slight exaggeration... 'gigs' are cringe anyway. Probs did yourself a favour.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    Slight exaggeration... 'gigs' are cringe anyway. Probs did yourself a favour.
    Slight exaggeration how? Gig venues are either pubs/social clubs/ night clubs/ arenas etc.

Whats cringe about going to see an act you like?:confused:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Crying with laughter, mate, are you kidding me?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    LOL, the police will not arrest you for under-age drinking.

They can't do nothing.

If police catch you under-age drinking all they do is confiscate your booze and take it somewhere or get rid of it in a gutter.

lol @ uni not accepting you cos of this.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Grow a pair of balls..... your making a mountain out of a molehill it will be fine.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1tartanarmy)
    Grow a pair of balls..... your making a mountain out of a molehill it will be fine.
    He's worried about not getting into uni. It's a legitimate fear.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Precisely nothing will happen. Move on.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: March 30, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Advice on everyday issues unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.