The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Phi11
I agree with you. But I am just saying, it can be done so just go for it and see what happens.

Oh of course it can be done, many people do it and your own example is an excellent one. I just thought I'd keep the OP grounded because I hate it when people (including myself) get there hopes up about something only to see them dashed before them and their life careering out of control like a stray shopping trolley hit by a passing lorry.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 21
Original post by ilickbatteries
Oh of course it can be done, many people do it and your own example is an excellent one. I just thought I'd keep the OP grounded because I hate it when people (including myself) get there hopes up about something only to see them dashed before them and their life careering out of control like a stray shopping trolley hit by a passing lorry.

Yes I agree totally. It is really hard getting your hopes up then being knocked back. I would just say go for it. Not much to loose, but be realistic and have back up plans :smile:
Original post by sososo
hardly a proper public school.

The term public school refers to a group of around 10% of the independent schools in the country, which are members of the Headmasters' and Headmistresses' Conference and are in general older, more expensive and more exclusive. The HMC is an association of the headmasters or headmistressess of 243 day and boarding independent schools in the UK, the Republic of Ireland and some others. Ardingly College is a member school.
Original post by sososo
Yes, I agree. The Tatlers Good Schools Guide has many great Independant schools in it. You seem to be under the impression that 'Public school' and 'Independant school' are interchangable terms. Public school has a specific meaning, and refers to only a few schools, of which Ardingly College is not one of them. Thought you would like to know that.

The term public school refers to a group of around 10% of the independent schools in the country, which are members of the Headmasters' and Headmistresses' Conference and are in general older, more expensive and more exclusive. The HMC is an association of the headmasters or headmistressess of 243 day and boarding independent schools in the UK, the Republic of Ireland and some others. Ardingly College is a member school.

Latest

Trending

Trending