Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is there any point voting for a party that wants lower tuition fees

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    When I fall into the 2012 category and have to pay the 9k per year ones? In the future is there any point in bothering to vote for any party that wants lower fees? because I really don't care about other people
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Whilst as a student or an academic it might seem important to you, there's a lot more important things I hope you'd consider, especially now the legislation has been passed.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes if you have a narrow minded view on the running of the country.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agenda Suicide)
    Whilst as a student or an academic it might seem important to you, there's a lot more important things I hope you'd consider, especially now the legislation has been passed.
    The 50p tax seems to be the only other difference between Conservative and Labour.

The rest of their education policies are just talk no action.
    Their healthcare policies are talk no action.
    Their foreign policy is identical.
    Their welfare policy is identical.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lambert1)
    The 50p tax seems to be the only other difference between Conservative and Labour.

The rest of their education policies are just talk no action.
    Their healthcare policies are talk no action.
    Their foreign policy is identical.
    Their welfare policy is identical.
    Fairly certain it's not. Pretty sure that's just what people who go around jumping on the "I hate politicians they are all lairs" bandwagon say.

If you had even looked near the politics section of the news within the past few weeks, you'd say healthcare really isn't the same and neither is welfare.

Foreign policy is identical because of America and their overbearing reign on us.

Hope you don't get a nasty shock one day when you realise your NHS has gone to **** and you're paying to get in the door. It's headed that way
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Fairly certain it's not. Pretty sure that's just what people who go around jumping on the "I hate politicians they are all lairs" bandwagon say.

If you had even looked near the politics section of the news within the past few weeks, you'd say healthcare really isn't the same and neither is welfare.

Foreign policy is identical because of America and their overbearing reign on us.

Hope you don't get a nasty shock one day when you realise your NHS has gone to **** and you're paying to get in the door. It's headed that way
    Welfare is basically the same, all they did was try to get a 26k benefit cap (which would affect what like 3 people in the entire country?) which didn't even pass the house of lords.

Healthcare I don't even know what they are doing, they aren't privatising it or making you pay more for it so it doesn't affect any normal people.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It probably wouldn't be wise to vote for a party based on one thing only. Personally I don't care about making it cheap for future students. That's for them to worry about.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ROYP)
    It probably wouldn't be wise to vote for a party based on one thing only. Personally I don't care about making it cheap for future students. That's for them to worry about.
    The two parties capable of winning have too many similarities. The only differences are minor and have no impact on me or the country. Neither truly understands the economy or has any intentions of dealing with our debt legitimately.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lambert1)
    Welfare is basically the same, all they did was try to get a 26k benefit cap (which would affect what like 3 people in the entire country?) which didn't even pass the house of lords.

Healthcare I don't even know what they are doing, they aren't privatising it or making you pay more for it so it doesn't affect any normal people.
    I honestly can't tell if trolling or not?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I honestly can't tell if trolling or not?
    26k cap = nobody needs to claim over 26k of benefits seriously. If you do then you are obviously the worst budgeter of all time.

According to the BBC the healthcare thing is just about bureaucratic changes.

So really I don't see how any of this affects the majority therefore Labour and Conservative are the same on these issues.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    If that party's only policy was 'free' education then I wouldn't vote for them. The fact is Labour has started the ball rolling for 'paid' education and it's just going to pile higher and higher as time progresses. The country will not be able to support every citizen attending university now. It's one of those things which we cannot come back to.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 21, 2012
New on TSR

Strictly iPlayer

Will you still watch if some BBC programmes go online only?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.