The Student Room Group

black girls with blonde hair

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Don't expect to pull it off like Alex Song though:

Alex-Song-Arsenal-2012.jpg

The black super saiyan.
Unless it's blonde highlights, then nah it doesn't tend to look too good. Like someone said, some lighter-skinned black women can get away with it, but even then I think they often still look better with brown or black hair anyway.

Original post by Rossical
beyonce-cheveux-blond-cendre.jpgbeyonce21.jpg033011-Beyonce-400.jpg112762890.jpgbeyonce__39873_zoom.jpg410276-de-plus-en-plus-blonde-beyonce-637x0-3.jpgBKnowles_GL_4jul11_pa_b.jpgbeyonce18_gl_19nov10_PA_592x888.jpg

she has to be the most beautiful woman on earth.

Would you go straight for her? :smile:
Original post by maitai
I'd say that as a rule hair lighter than your skin tone looks a little odd. That goes out to anyone, especially people with light hair who have dyed their hair white.
It could work for you, but it does depend entirely on the shade of blonde as well. You shouldn't go pure light blonde. But instead go for a deeper golden blonde. Take a cue from Beyoncé not Rihanna!

I totally agree with this. I've always thought that those white women with very tanned skin and bright bleached blonde hair look so strange :s-smilie:. Plus, Rihanna's current blonde hair does look kinda awful :unimpressed:
Just depends on you skin tone. If you're as light as Beyonce or rihanna, then yep. But for Darker skin try like brown colour: http://haircolornews2012.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Black-women-choose-braids-and-straight-hair01.jpg

Actually to be honest, you can try whatever colour you want, as long as it isn't a sharp colour like neon pink. And also the hair styles really helps as well. If you're going to do weave or braid extension make sure you hair is on point!

Like this: http://stylephreak.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Hair-Color-For-Black-Women.jpg
Reply 24
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I totally agree with this. I've always thought that those white women with very tanned skin and bright bleached blonde hair look so strange :s-smilie:. Plus, Rihanna's current blonde hair does look kinda awful :unimpressed:

Exactly. It's such a contrast, but not in a good way either. The overly tanned skin paired with the lifelessly blonde hair just makes the skin-tone look sickeningly orange or even grey!
I think Rihanna's hair looks horrid. She can pull off strange colours like the Ronald McDonald red hair she was sporting for a while, but her current hair colour (especially with the REALLY obvious roots) makes her look both cheap and sickly. Not a particularly good combination.
Original post by maitai
Exactly. It's such a contrast, but not in a good way either. The overly tanned skin paired with the lifelessly blonde hair just makes the skin-tone look sickeningly orange or even grey!
I think Rihanna's hair looks horrid. She can pull off strange colours like the Ronald McDonald red hair she was sporting for a while, but her current hair colour (especially with the REALLY obvious roots) makes her look both cheap and sickly. Not a particularly good combination.

I know, right? I actually really loved her red hair, even though it was pretty crazy, it was crazy in a good way and just looked awesome on her :biggrin:. All her other hair colours she's had over the years such as black and brown looked just as fab on her too, so it's such a shame that she's now gone to a blonde colour that doesn't look so good on her. It's cool that she's trying something different I suppose, and I like that about her tbh, but still, it just didn't work this time. The blonde just looks crazy in a bad way.
Reply 26
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Unless it's blonde highlights, then nah it doesn't tend to look too good. Like someone said, some lighter-skinned black women can get away with it, but even then I think they often still look better with brown or black hair anyway.

Would you go straight for her? :smile:

in a heartbeat!
Reply 27
Personally I don't think it really suits. But go for whatever you want. It's your life! :smile:

Slightly off topic, but I think black people with blue eyes is a really beautiful combination.
Reply 28
Original post by flowermaster91
it looks terrible man, why is it always black people making themselves the clowns of the show?

The only black person that should be walking around as a blonde is beyonce :plz2:

Because the 'clowns' you're referring to are those who want the stand out from the waeve and perm wearing black female majority and short headed black male majority
Reply 29
as long as it's not a weave, I got no problem with black women with blonde hair
Reply 30
Original post by modini
Don't expect to pull it off like Alex Song though:

Alex-Song-Arsenal-2012.jpg

The black super saiyan.

it would have been better if he didn't dye his beard though:smile:
Original post by coca
Would you accuse white people who use fake tan of self-hate?

I would. I'm white and a lot of the time it looks ****ing stupid. ie: when overdone. Although that said it's natural for a white person to be tanned so fake tan isn't completely idiotic. Correct me if I'm wrong but you have to be mixed race/white to have natural blonde hair. (Seriously, I'm a guy and I really don't pay that much attention to hair)
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by kenni12
Because the 'clowns' you're referring to are those who want the stand out from the waeve and perm wearing black female majority and short headed black male majority

Wtf are you on about? when i said clowns i obviously meant the ones who go around with their boxers showing and the yardies with awful coloured weaves
all in all most black women do not suit a blonde weave! The only reason it looks good on beyonce and semi decent on rihanna is because they're light skinned
Reply 34
Original post by flowermaster91
Wtf are you on about? when i said clowns i obviously meant the ones who go around with their boxers showing and the yardies with awful coloured weaves

sorry about that
Original post by boonaanaa
do you like it or hate it?
I'm considering going lighter, but I'm not 100% sure, i don't have the money Beyonce does to have it done in a top salon :/

eww.. it sound disgusting it would look disgusting
Original post by kenni12
sorry about that

its kool :cool:
Original post by boonaanaa
do you like it or hate it?
I'm considering going lighter, but I'm not 100% sure, i don't have the money Beyonce does to have it done in a top salon :/

Hate it. The more natural you look, the better you look. That's the theory!

I genuinely think that Rhianna and Beyone look better with darkish hair. Honestly, the more natural, the better. However, consider they can pull it off only because they got lots of money to spend on expensive hairdressers and make up artists. It just doesn't work so well in the real world.
Original post by alexs2602
I would. I'm white and a lot of the time it looks ****ing stupid. ie: when overdone. Although that said it's natural for a white person to be tanned so fake tan isn't completely idiotic. Correct me if I'm wrong but you have to be mixed race/white to have natural blonde hair. (Seriously, I'm a guy and I really don't pay that much attention to hair)

Not necessarily aboriginals have sometimes naturally blonde hair (if they can be classified as black people) :wink:
Reply 39
Original post by Joonie
Why are you so concerned about other people's opinions? Do what you want. I'm dying my hair blonde soon. I recommend you also take a look at the models in black people hair magazines, they usually have bright coloured hair. It gave me the confidence to style my hair the way I wanted.

I don't think it's just about having the money to get it done well, it's more about whether it suits your skin tone.

Quick Reply

Latest