The Student Room Group

What's Kingston like for Fine Art?

I wondered if there are any current Fine art students at Kingston? What are the positives and negatives in general, is Kingston a nice place to live as a student? If I stay in Halls should I choose the Knights Park with all other Creative degrees or opt for a mixture of degrees a 10minute walk away? Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
Hey, I can't talk specifically about fine art, but I'm studying at knights park now. I've met a couple of people from fine art, and they're all real nice people. There's a very nice atmosphere about the place, a good community spirit sorta thing. It's a hard working place, so good if you enjoy being pushed. Umm downsides.... don't expect a good nightlife. Theres a couple of interesting things here and there, but on the whole it's pretty ****. The SU bar does go a little way to aiding that, the student run nights are good. There's also not a nice place to get coffee anywhere in Kingston (as far as I know....if anyone finds one, please please spill the secret!) I don't know if that matters to you haha. Some people have had bad experiences with the printroom technicians, but that shouldn't really put you off, you just need to work around them.

On the subject of halls, Middle Mill (the ones right next to Knights Park) are pretty grim. The Clay Hill ones are quite a bit nicer.

Quick Reply