Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Eurovision Song Contest 2012 Society

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

26th May 2012

Its nearly that time of year again, you know it, Eurovision hits Azerbaijan.
    Feel free to discuss any Eurovision related topics

Last years winners:

Ell/Nikki - Running Scared

UK Entry for 2012:

Engelbert Humperdinck - 'Love Will Set You Free'
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	42601.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	187.5 KB 
ID:	137639Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Verka_Serduchka_ESC_2007.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	137640

Tanzen! I want to see more acts like this one!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to a Eurovision themed party with a few friends, it'll include past 'hits,' fancy dress and drinking games. We also have to bring a drink/food item from our designated country. I'm Slovakia. Not sure what to do there...

I'm chuffed the Russian grannies beat the slimy Dima Bilan in the Russian national selections. Bring on Geriatricvision 2012!

I always prefer entries that are unintentionally funny, like Dima's 2006 entry:

When he minces around the piano, cracks me up every time.

IT'S NOT WAT YEW RALLEH NEED... LOVE CARVIN IT INTO STONE!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    "It's the 2012 Eurovision Song Contest, and this time, the UK came prepared"

Anyone else kind of disappointed that Eurovision has become a massive political game?
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sweden is no doubt gonna be the winner.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Converse Rocker)
    Anyone else kind of disappointed that Eurovision has become a massive political game?
    Definitely, it's a shame really.
    • 50 followers

ReputationRep:
    I love Eurovision..

Is our representeative a joke? Since when do songs like that ever stand a chance of winning Eurovision and he said he wanted to come first.

ugh..

I prefered last years Blue entry to this.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    There's a society? Yay! :teeth:

On a slightly different note, did anyone else want the entry with the sand pictures (Ukraine?) last year to win? I'm still kinda disappointed that Azerbaijan won...it seems a little dull
    • 50 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ConnorB)
    Sweden is no doubt gonna be the winner.
    Sweden kind of reminds me of a Leona Lewis.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ra Ra Ra)

On a slightly different note, did anyone else want the entry with the sand pictures (Ukraine?) last year to win? I'm still kinda disappointed that Azerbaijan won...it seems a little dull
    Yup, since 2011's society fared pretty well last year I thought it be nice to make a yearly thing.

Also, yea, I remember that sand thing, I just wanted it to win because of the sand haha
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ra Ra Ra)

Ukraine entry was so gimmicky! Denmark/Estonia/Italy should have won!

Or Sweden for smashing Schofield's cube

Had a look over the entry's

Thinking that, Sweden/Norway/Russia :rolleyes:/Italy/Iceland/Ireland and maybe even Belarus could take it this year
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nothing like revising by putting on a classic "Blue Album" by Weezer followed by Party for Everybody by the Buranovskiye Babushki Grannies!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Converse Rocker)
    :rolleyes:

No it isn't a massive political game, it's just a circus of over choreographed shows.

I used to love this Eurovision thing and really enjoy until some time 5-10 years ago.
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    Engelbert FTW!
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hooray! I've finally found my rightful home on TSR in the Eurovision thread!

I'm really disappointed that the UK is sending Englebert. We could still do so much better. The song is really disappointing too, I don't really feel like supporting it.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Eurovisions something that makes me stop supporting the EU.

Its also sad when you go on holiday to like Greece in summer and there still listening to the Eurovision songs months after... :rolleyes:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    That's it. I don't need to look at any more entries to know who I'm voting for.

COME ON RUSSIA.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hope I don't forget to watch it this year. It's always ****loads of fun.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sweden will dominate ESC this year! They are bookies favourites as well (i think we are/were fifth). But as i dont really like the UK entry this year I will be an honorary Swede for the night as i adore this song. :P

• 65 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    Hooray! I've finally found my rightful home on TSR in the Eurovision thread!

I'm really disappointed that the UK is sending Englebert. We could still do so much better. The song is really disappointing too, I don't really feel like supporting it.
    I thought that too at first, but the more I listen to it, the more I like it. It may not be a traditional Eurovision-y type song, but I think it could do quite well.

Besides, nothing can be as awful as San Marino's entry:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 31, 2012
New on TSR
Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.