Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Someone please help me!

Announcements Posted on
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have done Maths AS but only achieved a grade B ( i am an AS studen tbtw) however i am doing M1 and C4 in summer!

Ive heard its always you best mark put forward for A2, but i want my M1 mark hopefully if i get better in it to be put forward for AS so i can get an A!

And my S1 mark to be put forward for A2 as i can resit next year if needed!

CAN YO ACTUALLY DO THIS?
    edexcel board btw!
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack_Smith)
    I have done Maths AS but only achieved a grade B ( i am an AS studen tbtw) however i am doing M1 and C4 in summer!

Ive heard its always you best mark put forward for A2, but i want my M1 mark hopefully if i get better in it to be put forward for AS so i can get an A!

CAN YO ACTUALLY DO THIS?
    edexcel board btw!
    :confused:

Er.. I'll try to get past the lack of sentence structure here...

Your highest resit mark will be taken into account when the overall grade is published. Your A2 grade is calculated based on all your modular results (C1,C2,C3,C4,M1,S1) so both your M1 and S1 will be taken into account. Your modules can be resat at any time and your other modular grades will be carried forward to calculate your overall A2 grade.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vulpes)
    :confused:

Er.. I'll try to get past the lack of sentence structure here...

Your highest resit mark will be taken into account when the overall grade is published. Your A2 grade is calculated based on all your modular results (C1,C2,C3,C4,M1,S1) so both your M1 and S1 will be taken into account. Your modules can be resat at any time and your other modular grades will be carried forward to calculate your overall A2 grade.
    yh sorry about the english aint the best but just a bit stressed out :/ so would my m1 mark go to AS or my previous s1?
    thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why are you doing C4 before C2 and C3? Doesn't sound logical.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Once you finish your AS course, your highest mark from M1 or S1 will be taken into account along with your C1 and C2 marks.

If you decide to continue towards an A2 grade, the mark that wasn't taken into account will then be taken into account along with the addition of C3 and C4.

Tl;DR

AS = (C1,C2,Best mark of M1 or S1) (You can't have both)
    A2 = (C1,C2,C3,C4,M1,S1) (The other is added in here if you finish the other modules for an A2 grade rather than an AS.)
    • 51 followers

ReputationRep:

CAN YO ACTUALLY DO THIS?
    edexcel board btw!

Perhaps if you were clearer

You have done C1, C2, and S1 and have a B (perhaps you could tell us the UMS breakdown)

You have done C3 (UMS = ?)

And you will do C4 and M1 in the summer

If I have understood correctly .... all 6 of these are part of your A level

If the situation is something else then your lack of clarity is stopping us from giving you a suitable answer
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TenOfThem)
    Perhaps if you were clearer

You have done C1, C2, and S1 and have a B (perhaps you could tell us the UMS breakdown)

You have done C3 (UMS = ?)

And you will do C4 and M1 in the summer

If I have understood correctly .... all 6 of these are part of your A level

If the situation is something else then your lack of clarity is stopping us from giving you a suitable answer
    C1 - 88
    C2- 75
    S1- 68

C3 - 76
    C4 - SUMMER
    M1 - SUMMER

i have yet to achieve an A in as, therefor i would like to swap my applied module. Hopefully if i do better in M1 i can get an A, if the marks are put towards my AS.

But can you do this is my question? Because i have heard your best applied module is going to be put towards A2 :/
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    C1 - 88
    C2- 75
    S1- 68

C3 - 76
    C4 - SUMMER
    M1 - SUMMER

i have yet to achieve an A in as, therefor i would like to swap my applied module. Hopefully if i do better in M1 i can get an A, if the marks are put towards my AS.

But can you do this is my question? Because i have heard your best applied module is going to be put towards A2 :/
    You are doing A-level maths not AS maths, hence you will only get grade for A-level maths. They don't count AS and A2 maths as separate qualifications.

I have never heard about the best applied module being added to A2. The best case is when you are doing further maths, there the best A2 modules are used for A* calculations.

In your case, you will only get the qualification of A-level maths, so there is no point of thinking what your score AS and A2. Your equation is quite clear, you have scored 307(88+75+68+76)/400, you need to 173/200 in the other two modules(C4 and M1).

I will strongly advice you to resit some modules. Looking at your current marks it looks difficult for you to get an A in maths, but it will be better if you resit C2 and S1. 68 in S1 is quite low, put a bit more effort and you may get 85. C2 is really easy so 75 in it is very less, try to resit and get around 85.

If you are able to do achieve this, then you will only need 146/200 in C4 and M1 to get an A in A-level maths.

My only advice will be to work harder. Don't aim for an A while giving the paper think about scoring full in every question.

Re-sitting C2 and S1 won't increase your workload so you should re-sit them. You look to have improved in maths, because you have done better in C3 than C2 and S1 so now you are capable of scoring higher.

Try to put more effort in M1 because its an AS module, AS are usually simple so you should try to extract the maximum marks from it. www.examsolutions.co.uk might help in preparing for M1.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 26, 2012
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.