Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The TSR Easter cooking & baking competition!

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJ)
    These look really similar to the ones I made in a cupcake decorating class the other week! I had to do a double take! You didn't happen to go to a cupcake decorating class did you?
    I did! I made these ones at home though, basically using all the skills I learnt in the class to create almost exactly the same thing haha. I went to the one in London last saturday, which one did you go to? I do need to expand my decorating talents a little bit, but I thought I better play it safe for now!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Ma next entries. Baked butternut squash carved into an egg (looks kinda like a voodoo head) with a baked red onion rose. Roast tomatoes surrounding.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antiaris)
    Spoiler:
    Show

Ma next entries. Baked butternut squash carved into an egg (looks kinda like a voodoo head) with a baked red onion rose. Roast tomatoes surrounding.
    That rose is amazing!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CAKE!.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	102.4 KB 
ID:	138654

Dark chocolate and coffee and white chocolate and vanilla layered cake with chocolate ganache and maltesers
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ohh, when I have time later this week, I'll bake something and enter, but first I need to go to Sainsburys and get Easter-y chocolate.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can anybody enter?
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moregano)

And creme egg cupcakes
    Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show

with a whole mini creme egg baked into the middle :awesome:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Those look amazing!
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beatrixface)
    I did! I made these ones at home though, basically using all the skills I learnt in the class to create almost exactly the same thing haha. I went to the one in London last saturday, which one did you go to? I do need to expand my decorating talents a little bit, but I thought I better play it safe for now!

Oh cool! Yeah I went to the one in Brighton with my sis. Was a deal through travelzoo I think. Lots of fun except on the way home I dropped my cupcakes! They still tasted good though
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just baked my biscuits, the cookie cutters are tiny - so I've made 77 biscuits out of a halved recipe!
    • 11010 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Corinne Louise)
    Can anybody enter?
    Of course! What are you thinking of making?

As a seperate note following a few questions in this thread, our winners will get extra brownie points with our judges if...

- They are proven authentic (as Antiaris shows above - username in the background)
    - They are easter related
    - They are funky and a bit different

No hard and fast rules though, you can make anything!
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I realise I could still make cakes/biscuits but I gave them up for lent and the temptation will be overwhelming....

..maybe I'll just make something anyway because that Hotel Chocolat egg looks amazing!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    sounds like a challenge lol !
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    refreshers cake!!! my fave sweets and my fave things and my fave colour - PINk

Name:	Wokingham-20120329-00047.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	138833
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJ)

As a seperate note following a few questions in this thread, our winners will get extra brownie points with our judges if...

- They are proven authentic (as Antiaris shows above - username in the background)

Sorry mine were made last week for my easter dinner party so I wasn't able to put my username in the background, will I lose points for this? Thanks x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Easter Nest Cupcakes (my own creation)

Name:	GosmsPhoto1333057934558.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	138853

RECIPE
    Makes 12!
    Vanilla cupcake ingredients: 115g room temp. unsalted butter, 225g caster sugar, 2 room temp. large eggs, 150g self-raising flour, 125g plain flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 120ml semi-skimmed room temp. milk, 1 tsp vanilla extract
    Vanilla buttercream ingredients: 225g room temp. unsalted butter, 390g icing sugar, 1 tbsp room temp. milk, 1 tsp vanilla extract
    Chocolate nest ingredients: 100g milk chocolate and about 4 wheetabix bars and some Mini Eggs to decorate

Method (cupcakes): Preheat oven to gas 4/180C and line a 12 hole muffin tin with 12 cupcake cases (i use muffin cases).
    In a large bowl cream butter and sugar, which takes me about 3 minutes using an electric mixer, and then gradually add eggs beating after each addition. In a separate bowl sift the flours and baking powder together and in another mix the milk and vanilla extract. Add 1/3 of the flour mix to the batter, beat well, then a third of the milk mix and beat well and repeat this until all the flour and milk have been added. Spoon the mix into the cupcake cases (filling about 2/3) and bake in the oven for 25 mins - until golden brown and springy!! Remove from oven and cool in tin for ten mins or so and you can ice when they are completely cool
    Method (icing): Using an electric mix beat the butter, milk, vanilla essence and half of the sugar until smooth and nice and then add the rest of the sugar and beat until completely smooth.
    Method (nests): Melt the chocolate and crush up the wheetabix and combine until all the wheetabix is covered in chocolate and can be formed into shapes. To make the nests I used mini cupcakes cases and put a tsp of the mix in one and stuck a Mini Egg on top and let it cool and set
    Once cakes are cool ice with the buttercream (I use a piping bag to make it all swirly) and carefully place the set nests on top! Feel free to decorate with more mini eggs, sprinkles etc

Name:	IMAG0242.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	138855

sorry about the rubbish pictures I had to take them on my phone!
    xxxxxx

oh and i've just realised i havent done a picture with my username so here they are, boxed up to take to school tomorrow

Name:	IMAG0243.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	138858
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJ)

Does giving my word count?
    • 11010 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooby)
    Sorry mine were made last week for my easter dinner party so I wasn't able to put my username in the background, will I lose points for this? Thanks x
    Aww no, don't worry

(Original post by Magnum Opus)
    Does giving my word count?
    Yours, of course :gthumb:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Entry One
    I made these yesterday, but couldn't find my phone USB cable

Name:	Cupcakes 1.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	358.9 KB 
ID:	138997

Name:	Cupcakes 2.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	301.9 KB 
ID:	138998

I made two types of cupcakes: vanilla ones - with a chocolate ganache, topped with milkybar eggs; and chocolate ones with a white chocolate ganache (this got very messy) topped with smarties eggs.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ohh my god! I don't stand a chance!

Name:	Cake!.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	258.0 KB 
ID:	139068
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJ)

If I enter two different bakes at the same time, do they both have to have my username on them? It'll be obvious they were both made by me as the sprinkles and countertop are the same

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 30, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.