Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

18616 people have been killed by Islam since 9/11

Announcements Posted on
Live webchat: Myths and facts on Student Finance - on TSR from 2pm! 15-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    And how many people in Iraq, Afghanistan and Palestine haveb bben killed by Israel and America? Millions.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Converse Rocker)
    Yet people don't? I can't remember the last time a case of Christian extremism/panic about it was reported in the paper, or a group was set up to combat it. I do accept it seems more of a problem in America, but the only extremism that is widely reported is from Muslims.

Also OP, Islam doesn't kill people, extremists do.
    Then start a group to combat it.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astronomical)
    How about the recent killings in Norway by Anders Behring Breivik? How could you forget something so tragic, so quickly...?
    I don't recall that ever being reported as a terrorist attack in the name of Christianity; after reading up just now it does say he was trying to enforce his world view on cultural conservatism, Islamophobia etc.

He was diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic as well, which kind of sets it apart from other terrorist attacks in the name of a religion.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yun)
    yeah you're right, because when people march the terrorists go all "ok maybe we should stop". come on, do you even listen to yourself when you say things like that?!?!?!
    We wouldn't march if we didn't think it'd help. You raise awareness and put pressure on the government and authorities to do something about and every time they don't people get angrier and the government stand to lose votes and you know how much they love votes.

How much about muslim extremism did you hear before 2009? Well it was still happening but the government were happy to cover it up.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harley_Quinn)
    We wouldn't march if we didn't think it'd help. You raise awareness and put pressure on the government and authorities to do something about and every time they don't people get angrier and the government stand to lose votes and you know how much they love votes.

How much about muslim extremism did you hear before 2009? Well it was still happening but the government were happy to cover it up.
    i'm not sure if you realize this, but what the terrorists want IS all this media attention and people freaking out etc. imagine if NO ONE gave a **** about them, do you think they'd still be doing what they're doing? of course not. the point of terrorism is to rile up the masses and unfortunately most of western society is willing to jump at the chance, for whatever reason...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeffy)
    Edit: 18,616 I mean. Hit the wrong button on my new laptap

Just this week, there have been 51 Jihad attacks leaving 372 dead worldwide, all done in the name of Islam. The latest of which was a "religion of peace" rocket that killed a 1 year old child in Mogadishu.

Does anyone else think those numbers are shocking?

When are people going to realise the threat Islam poses to the world? All these attacks, all these deaths and yet people still refuse to admit that Islam is a backwards, barbaric, hate-filled religion. Even worse, where is the outrage from the Muslim community?

Oh wait, there is none. When the IRA shot those 2 soldiers in Norther Ireland a few years ago there was a 10,000 strong vigil from Catholics and Protestants against it from people who don't want killings and murders in the name of their religion.

Why do Muslims on the other hand, flat out ignore Islamic terror attacks or, in many cases, even support it?
    Where did this figure come from , seems way off for a start.
    seems to ignore tens of thousands killed by islamists in iraq and afganistan alone
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Then start a group to combat it.
    My point was that the media chooses to focus on Muslim extremists, pretty much ignoring others. You said Muslim extremists can brainwash others, but that's no reason for Islam to be victimised because all religions suffer from this.

Whether I start a group is totally irrelevant and unrelated to the discussion.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yun)
    i'm not sure if you realize this, but what the terrorists want IS all this media attention and people freaking out etc. imagine if NO ONE gave a **** about them, do you think they'd still be doing what they're doing? of course not. the point of terrorism is to rile up the masses and unfortunately most of western society is willing to jump at the chance, for whatever reason...
    So the terrorists aren't killing people in the name of Islam they're killing people 'cuz they wanna get on the telly? Seems legit.

That's the last thing they'd wanna do, this country is being slowly taken over in places by sharia law, the police wont even go in these places.

The last thing they'd want to do is 'rile up the masses' because then the masses fight back. Need I remind you that the EDL was started after the MAC abused our troops at their homecoming in Luton.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Islam does not pose a threat. It's the twisted people who decide to interpret the Qu'ran to fit around their own thoughts instead of keeping an open-mind. Islam teaches a way of life which benefits us. It's as simple as that. The majority of Muslims do not support or agree with terrorism otherwise there would be over 1.7 Billion terrorists. Every Muslim will know that killing is wrong. In fact, any ordinary person would know that.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Haddock)
    Actually recent studies show that Islamic terrorism accounts for only a small proportion of terrorist attacks in the western world and that the vast majority of Muslims do not support terrorist actions, but please, don't let the facts get in the way of your blind prejudice and don't for one second consider that maybe our constant involvement in the Middle East and our 'war on terror' that has left millions of innocents dead might have anything to do with it.
    I couldn't agree more with you mate; it's sad to see that there are so many ignorant people in this world. Such as the one who created this thread. peace..
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Converse Rocker)
    My point was that the media chooses to focus on Muslim extremists, pretty much ignoring others. You said Muslim extremists can brainwash others, but that's no reason for Islam to be victimised because all religions suffer from this.

Whether I start a group is totally irrelevant and unrelated to the discussion.
    Trust me I know how biased the media can be but the EDL isn't gonna solve everyone's problems. My problem is that if they got rid of the terrorists and extremists then the moderates would be fine to live happily ever after or whatever but the government's too afraid to offend the muslim community that they aren't doing anything about the extremists so they're being left to pollute the minds of everyone else. Young people are as they say, very impressionable.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So the terrorists aren't killing people in the name of Islam they're killing people 'cuz they wanna get on the telly? Seems legit.
    no they want to TERRORIZE people. they want the western world to think that islam is a threat, that they have a power over your life, that you could die riding on a bus or being in a high building. it's psychology and it seems to work pretty well.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)
    So you're saying that all Muslims are murderers?
    Yes, I think all Muslims are murderers. Nothing to do with the idea of there being less than 20,000 murders in a group of 1 billion people being extremely optimistic, I'm merely basing my opinion on my irrational hatred of Muslims.
    [/sarcasm]
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yun)
    no they want to TERRORIZE people. they want the western world to think that islam is a threat, that they have a power over your life, that you could die riding on a bus or being in a high building. it's psychology and it seems to work pretty well.
    These people are killing people in the name of Islam not out of some sense of attention craving. They've got this idea in their heads that the world belongs to them hence the 'islam will dominate the world' signs. The governments been covering these things up and ignoring them for ages and it hasn't gone away. If we had this stupid attitude during world war 2 then we'd all be speaking German right now.

What has to happen for this country to fight back?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    18,616. Are you sure it's not 18,617? What about 18,618? Where are you getting these statistics from, anyway?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steevee)
    The vast majority of kids in Afghanistan and Iraq have been killed by Islamist Militants :fyi:
    Lots of bull**** spewing from your mouth sir. Wash it out with soap.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting the statistic from thereligionofpeace.com A website well worth checking out which documents all terror attacks carried out in the name of Islam.

Actually, the vast majority of kids killed in Afghanistan HAVE been killed by Islamist extremists. They rule by fear, the best way to accomplish that is by blowing up innocents and that is what they do. I have a big interest in current warfare and have read many books which mention the attrocities commited by Islamic groups in the middle east targetting civilians. Just today a Shiite mother and her three children had their throats slit by a Sunni Muslim in a religiously motivated attack.

Just look at the terrorist attacks by Islamists in the past 30 days courtesy of thereligionofpeace.com which shows the Muslim on Muslim terrorist attacks

Civilian deaths caused by the Allied Forces are hugely different than terrorist attacks. They're regettable but, the Allied Forces ARE NOT deliberately seeking to kill children and innocents. Many of the deaths are caused by the terrorists taking the fight into civilian areas, using civilians as shields or blowing them up themselves. One example which is mentioned in a book I read where a suicide bomber blew himself up in the middle of a group of 8 year old school children just to try and blow up one American soldier.

The idiot who said "Blackwater will blow up civilians whaaa" is an idiot. PMC companies actually have more restrictions and legislation restricting what they can do than the actual armed forces. For example, they can fire back but can not engage and pursue and have to justify every bullet fired. So don't talk about what you don't know.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeffy)
    Edit: 18,616 I mean. Hit the wrong button on my new laptap

Just this week, there have been 51 Jihad attacks leaving 372 dead worldwide, all done in the name of Islam. The latest of which was a "religion of peace" rocket that killed a 1 year old child in Mogadishu.

Does anyone else think those numbers are shocking?

When are people going to realise the threat Islam poses to the world? All these attacks, all these deaths and yet people still refuse to admit that Islam is a backwards, barbaric, hate-filled religion. Even worse, where is the outrage from the Muslim community?

Oh wait, there is none. When the IRA shot those 2 soldiers in Norther Ireland a few years ago there was a 10,000 strong vigil from Catholics and Protestants against it from people who don't want killings and murders in the name of their religion.

Why do Muslims on the other hand, flat out ignore Islamic terror attacks or, in many cases, even support it?
    What an ignorant title to your thread - ''18616 people have been killed by Islam since 9/11''
    Do you not know the difference between Islam and Muslim? Futhermore, do you not know the different between religion and a follower of a religion?
    Islam doesn't promote violence like the media often potrays, it is a minority of Muslims that spread the facist ideologies and claim that it is Islam that makes them do so.

Learn your facts because this is so extremely ignorant and hurtful.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The fact you choose to equate Al-Qaeda = Taliban = Islamism = Islam reveals total naivety. Its a stupid assertion, not everything is as cosmic as you think it is, though it may be easier for you to think so.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Let's look at the long list of countries effected by Islamic terrorist attacks and violence carried out in the name of Islam.

Iraq
    Afghanistan
    India
    Sudan
    Algeria
    USA
    Egypt
    Pakistan
    Israel
    Russia
    Chechnya
    The Phillipines
    England
    Thailand
    Spain
    Egypt
    Bangladesh
    Saudi Arabia
    Turkey
    Morocco
    Yemen
    France
    Lebanon
    Uzbekistan
    Tunisia
    Kosovo
    Bosnia
    Mauritiania
    Kenya
    Somalia
    Eitrea
    Kuwait
    Ethiopia
    Jordan
    UAE
    Tanzania
    Australia
    Belgium
    Denmark
    Germany
    East Timor
    Qatar
    Tajikistan
    Holland
    Scotland
    Chad
    The Maldives
    Argentina
    Canada
    Nepal
    Sweden
    Azabaijan
    Kazakhstan
    Uganda
    Ukraine
    Mali
    Angola

Long list isn't it? All have experienced murder and terrorism in the name of Islam. Basically, anywhere with a significant number of Muslims has problems.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 25, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.