Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

18616 people have been killed by Islam since 9/11

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeffy)
    Let's look at the long list of countries effected by Islamic terrorist attacks and violence carried out in the name of Islam.

Iraq
    Afghanistan
    India
    Sudan
    Algeria
    USA
    Egypt
    Pakistan
    Israel
    Russia
    Chechnya
    The Phillipines
    England
    Thailand
    Spain
    Egypt
    Bangladesh
    Saudi Arabia
    Turkey
    Morocco
    Yemen
    France
    Lebanon
    Uzbekistan
    Tunisia
    Kosovo
    Bosnia
    Mauritiania
    Kenya
    Somalia
    Eitrea
    Kuwait
    Ethiopia
    Jordan
    UAE
    Tanzania
    Australia
    Belgium
    Denmark
    Germany
    East Timor
    Qatar
    Tajikistan
    Holland
    Scotland
    Chad
    The Maldives
    Argentina
    Canada
    Nepal
    Sweden
    Azabaijan
    Kazakhstan
    Uganda
    Ukraine
    Mali
    Angola

Long list isn't it? All have experienced murder and terrorism in the name of Islam. Basically, anywhere with a significant number of Muslims has problems.
    Funny, Indonesia hardly makes the news, that's not me saying it hasn't had terrorism but rarely does anything about the issue of Islam crop up from there. Saudi Arabia only had a handful of terrorist attacks, like any other country, hardly an epidemic. Iraq, Afghanistan, Chechnya and Yemen are inextricably linked to foreign policy. Terrorism increases instability with the intention of making foreign occupation go. See the video from Prof. Robert Pape given by another user in this thread backing me up. African countries are ****** thanks to colonialism where ethnic/religious divides were groomed. E.g. Sudan. Thailand isn't full of all-loving tolerating Buddhists, Muslims were slaughtered in Southern part of the country. But I guess that wasn't picked up.

And what's "Azabaijan"?

Aside from the religionofpeace website, you should look at this too, just for a bit of balance. http://whatiftheyweremuslim.com/
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harmony_01)
    Funny, Indonesia hardly makes the news, that's not me saying it hasn't had terrorism but rarely does anything about the issue of Islam crop up from there. Saudi Arabia only had a handful of terrorist attacks, like any other country, hardly an epidemic. Iraq, Afghanistan, Chechnya and Yemen are inextricably linked to foreign policy. Terrorism increases instability with the intention of making foreign occupation go. See the video from Prof. Robert Pape given by another user in this thread backing me up. African countries are ****** thanks to colonialism where ethnic/religious divides were groomed. E.g. Sudan. Thailand isn't full of all-loving tolerating Buddhists, Muslims were slaughtered in Southern part of the country. But I guess that wasn't picked up.

its not coicidence though is it?
    Ps your excuses for terrorism above are quite pitiful.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    18k only? Clearly we're quite short on getting even with the millions of deaths at the hands of the US, UK and the rest of the west.

But, guess we'll never get even, since killing civilians is forbidden in Islam.

Anyways, as for your statistics, I have my doubts.

Suicide bombing;

“The data show that there is little connection between suicide terrorism and Islamic fundamentalism, or any one of the world’s religions. . . . Rather, what nearly all suicide terrorist attacks have in common is a specific secular and strategic goal: to compel modern democracies to withdraw military forces from territory that the terrorists consider to be their homeland”

And terrorist attacks in generalsource -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	piechart2-1024x1024.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	137754
    www.fbi.gov/publications/terror/terrorism2002_2005.htm

For 2006:

For 2007:

For 2008:

(According to the report, there was 1 “Islamist attack” in the UK in 2008, which was omitted in the table above. It has been included in the bar graph below.)

Just glancing at those tables is enough to know how absurd it is to claim that “all terrorists are Muslims.” That statement is nowhere near the truth. If we compile the data, it comes out to this:

On p.7, the 2009 Europol report concludes:

Islamist terrorism is still perceived as being the biggest threat worldwide, despite the fact that the EU only faced one Islamist terrorist attack in 2008. This bomb attack took place in the UK…Separatist terrorism remains the terrorism area which affects the EU most. This includes Basque separatist terrorism in Spain and France, and Corsican terrorism in France…Past contacts between ETA and the FARC illustrate the fact that also separatist terrorist organizations seek cooperation partners outside the EU on the basis of common interests. In the UK, dissident Irish republican groups, principally the RIRA and the CIRA, and other paramilitary groups may continue to engage in crime and violence.

• 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Could make equally stupid statements based on 'stats' about Christianity, Judaism, white people, black people, Jews, plants, trees, aircrafts...

Seriously retarded.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShredMaster)
    Lots of bull**** spewing from your mouth sir. Wash it out with soap.
    http://www.conflictmonitors.org/coun...ties/civilians

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datab...ies-statistics

Solid stats on who is to blame for civilian deaths are harder to find for Iraq, I will admit.

(Original post by sabre2th1)
    x
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perseveranze)
    18k only? Clearly we're quite short on getting even with the millions of deaths at the hands of the US, UK and the rest of the west.

But, guess we'll never get even, since killing civilians is forbidden in Islam.

Anyways, as for your statistics, I have my doubts.

Suicide bombing;

“The data show that there is little connection between suicide terrorism and Islamic fundamentalism, or any one of the world’s religions. . . . Rather, what nearly all suicide terrorist attacks have in common is a specific secular and strategic goal: to compel modern democracies to withdraw military forces from territory that the terrorists consider to be their homeland”

And terrorist attacks in generalsource -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	piechart2-1024x1024.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	137754
    www.fbi.gov/publications/terror/terrorism2002_2005.htm

For 2006:

For 2007:

For 2008:

(According to the report, there was 1 “Islamist attack” in the UK in 2008, which was omitted in the table above. It has been included in the bar graph below.)

Just glancing at those tables is enough to know how absurd it is to claim that “all terrorists are Muslims.” That statement is nowhere near the truth. If we compile the data, it comes out to this:

On p.7, the 2009 Europol report concludes:

Islamist terrorism is still perceived as being the biggest threat worldwide, despite the fact that the EU only faced one Islamist terrorist attack in 2008. This bomb attack took place in the UK…Separatist terrorism remains the terrorism area which affects the EU most. This includes Basque separatist terrorism in Spain and France, and Corsican terrorism in France…Past contacts between ETA and the FARC illustrate the fact that also separatist terrorist organizations seek cooperation partners outside the EU on the basis of common interests. In the UK, dissident Irish republican groups, principally the RIRA and the CIRA, and other paramilitary groups may continue to engage in crime and violence.

Strange why you have failed to provide the stats for the Uk in 2005 or the USA 2001, instead choosing 2006-2007.

or showed the figures of deaths by islamists in iraq and afganistan

strange :hmmmm:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    OP - you have taken the number of terrorist attacks, not the number of deaths/casualties. There have been 18,616 terrorist attacks, some of those attacks have killed dozens in one go. The actual number of people killed by Islamic extremism is in the hundreds of thousands. More than 18k of people have died in Iraq and Afghanistan alone...
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harmony_01)

And what's "Azabaijan"?

Aside from the religionofpeace website, you should look at this too, just for a bit of balance. http://whatiftheyweremuslim.com/
    Erm, the Bali bombings ring any bells mate? Christians are being killed all over the place in Indonesia. Churches are being raised to the ground. Hundreds, if not thousands, of people have died at the hands of Islamists in Indonesia.

What I would like to know is, if blowing yourself and innocents up is the obvious thing to do in retaliation to the West's foreign policy; Where are all the Buddhist, Hindu, and Christian suicide bombings? No doubt there are some terrorist attacks committed by other religions, but they are dwarfed in number by Islam. Where were all the suicide bombers when America invaded Vietnam?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The real terrorists are the Jews in Palestine killing off the indigenous population and stealing land - how ironic when there is an act of terror towards Jews its anti-antisemitism, but what the Jews are doing to the Muslims in Palestine is disregarded in the media and overlooked by EVERY country.
    Islam does not preach terrorism, read the Quran before making such judgments and threads based on your ignorance - if we cant harm ourselves what makes you think God allows us to harm others?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Where did you get that figure from OP? Why don’t you mention the hundreds of thousands of Muslims killed directly as a result of illegal Western wars in that same time period?

A Lancet report estimated that 655,000 Iraqis had died since the US invasion in 2003, and that survey was conducted 6 years ago. Plenty more have died in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen and other places, many of them civilians as a result of drone strikes and NATO bombings. Not to mention the thousands of soldiers from Pakistan, Turkey and other Islamic nations that have died fighting in America’s wars.

And that’s just in the last 10 years. If you look at the history of the West (or Christianity) as a whole, the number of deaths that it’s been responsible for makes Islam seem like a ultra-pacifist sect of Buddhism. From world wars, the holocaust, the crusades, countless religious wars during the middle ages, the Spanish inquisition, the slave trade, colonialism, wiping out entire races and civilizations in North and South America, burning ‘witches’ at the stake, pogroms against Jews, Apartheid, the Bosnian genocide, Korean and Vietnam wars and countless other examples. Many Muslims, both in the past and the present have committed heinous crimes, but it’s laughable trying to criticise them as being violent when you come from a Western perspective.

Regardless, I would never blame Christians/atheists for their past, nor do I expect them to come out in protest every time NATO kills Muslim civilians, which occurs practically every week. So why do you expect Muslims to do the same? Do you not understand that everyone is an individual, nobody is responsible for the actions of others? Islam as a religion strongly condemns violence against all civilians and non-combatants, regardless of their race/nationality/creed. Christianity has the same view point, but that hasn’t stopped Christians from killing has it?

The next time you decide to start a thread like this, at least spend a few minutes to think beforehand. There is a flipside to every coin, and you’re not going to get that information from stooges such as Pat Condell, Pamela Geller and Tommy Robinson, all of whom have their own personal agenda. And don’t attempt to blame 1.6 billion people for the actions of a few nutters, because you are hardly in the position to do so.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Just realized, the stats that I had are just the number of Islamic terrorist attacks so the true number murdered in the name of Islam is actually much higher.

Of course, you'll still get terrorist sympathisers on here such as Harmony_01 defending them and making excuses.

Just this month 372 people have been murdered in the name of "the religion of peace".
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    A website exposing the TRUTH about Islam that everybody should check out.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

What a lovely religion... I guess they commited the offence of having a bit too much skin showing or looked at another man or dared to read a book?

If Islam is a religion of peace, then why is it the only one that consistently produces religiously-motivated terrorist attacks each and every day of the year? Why are thousands of people willing and able to cut off an innocent person’s head or blow up a market while screaming praises to Allah? Where’s the outrage among other Muslims when this happens… and why do they get more worked up over cartoons and hijabs?
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indo-Chinese Food)
    Strange why you have failed to provide the stats for the Uk in 2005 or the USA 2001, instead choosing 2006-2007.

or showed the figures of deaths by islamists in iraq and afganistan

strange :hmmmm:
    But perception is not reality. The data simply does not support such a hasty conclusion. On the FBI’s official website, there exists a chronological list of all terrorist attacks committed on U.S. soil from the year 1980 all the way to 2005. That list can be accessed here (scroll down all the way to the bottom).

Continue making more stupid remarks. Your implication that the statistics are intellectually dishonest is some desperation and if you had clicked the source and the link, you'd know otherwise.

And terrorist attacks in Iraq/Afghanistan are to do with the invasion, if you looked at those places before the US invaded, there was no "shia sunni war" and there was no "suicide bombing". You'd also need to include the US's invasion as the biggest terrorist attack to exist, not to mention the killing and destroying the lives of civilians.

Point is, Islamic terrorism is a myth, there's more Jewish terrorists lol.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    So much outright racism and general right wing views on this forum, always targeted at Asians and / or Muslims from what I can see. I'm assuming all is done by middle to upper middle class white people who live in rural villages and have never even encountered a mixed race person let alone the daunting thought of a black or asian person?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom78)
    So much outright racism and general right wing views on this forum, always targeted at Asians and / or Muslims from what I can see. I'm assuming all is done by middle to upper middle class white people who live in rural villages and have never even encountered a mixed race person let alone the daunting thought of a black or asian person?
    So, you're racist and prejudiced assumption against middle/upper class white people since you're making an assumption about them because of their lifestyle choice and where they live?

Oddly enough, you described the vast majority of lib-tard UAF supporters.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeffy)
    So, you're racist and prejudiced assumption against middle/upper class white people since you're making an assumption about them because of their lifestyle choice and where they live?

Oddly enough, you described the vast majority of lib-tard UAF supporters.
    I'm one of them. I just don't understand all this obsession with Islam, it's a religion, people believe in it, there are extremists, as there are in other religions - Christianity for instance. Leave them to it and find yourself something to do, you clearly have far too much time on your hands.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    But perception is not reality. The data simply does not support such a hasty conclusion. On the FBI’s official website, there exists a chronological list of all terrorist attacks committed on U.S. soil from the [COLOR="#FF0000"]year 1980 all the way to 2005That list can be accessed here (scroll down all the way to the bottom).
    The FBIs 'official' website? do they have an unofficial one?
    I dont really know what point you are making here. Certainly not answering my original question

And terrorist attacks in Iraq/Afghanistan are to do with the invasion, if you looked at those places before the US invaded, there was no "shia sunni war" and there was no "suicide bombing". You'd also need to include the US's invasion as the biggest terrorist attack to exist, not to mention the killing and destroying the lives of civilians. .
    Ah, of course, becuase there was no shia sunni war ever until 2003. Ali, aisha uthman, the fitnas (various wars) and decree of death and vengence to last an eternity were just just a playful mis-understanding. IN fact that whole iraq-iran thing in the 1980s which cost a few hundred thousand lives was probaly just down to some faulty wiring.

I think the story shias and sunnis must have been originally been invented by J Edgar Hoover and the FBI, what do you think?

Point is, Islamic terrorism is a myth, there's more Jewish terrorists lol.
    Well thats true, i certainly have never heard of islamic terrorists, have you? whereas we cant move for jewish terrorists where i live.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What about the number of people who died as a result of cia coups, US invasions, the instalment by the US of bloodthirsty generals and dictators who massacred thousands, the number of innocent people killed by sanctions all in the name of "democracy", "peace" and "freedom" (perhaps capital and world influence is a much more accurate motivator.)

Perhaps the lack of attention given to the victims of such bombings of such places is that media men unfortunately know the fact that no-one cares about the life lost in a strange, far away place, where as a death somewhere closer to home has much more of an impact

(Original post by Zeffy)
    Let's look at the long list of countries effected by Islamic terrorist attacks and violence carried out in the name of Islam.

Iraq
    Afghanistan
    India
    Sudan
    Algeria
    USA
    Egypt
    Pakistan
    Israel
    Russia
    Chechnya
    The Phillipines
    England
    Thailand
    Spain
    Egypt
    Bangladesh
    Saudi Arabia
    Turkey
    Morocco
    Yemen
    France
    Lebanon
    Uzbekistan
    Tunisia
    Kosovo
    Bosnia
    Mauritiania
    Kenya
    Somalia
    Eitrea
    Kuwait
    Ethiopia
    Jordan
    UAE
    Tanzania
    Australia
    Belgium
    Denmark
    Germany
    East Timor
    Qatar
    Tajikistan
    Holland
    Scotland
    Chad
    The Maldives
    Argentina
    Canada
    Nepal
    Sweden
    Azabaijan
    Kazakhstan
    Uganda
    Ukraine
    Mali
    Angola

Long list isn't it? All have experienced murder and terrorism in the name of Islam. Basically, anywhere with a significant number of Muslims has problems.
    Well I know a fair bit about Kosovo and there is absolutely nothing that links the war with Islam in any way. Extreme Islamic ideologies are an anthema to Kosovans and a lot of this "islamic terrorist" stuff is just said by the Serbs in order to simplify the situation and to gather more sympathy from a west that is or at least was hostile to them. The Kosovo issue was purely a matter of Albanian nationalism. In fact a few of those countries on your list include arab countries where violence is mainly motivated by nationalist motivations. Bosnia too was a civil war of different ethnicities. It is true that many brigades of Muhajadeen came from the arab world in order to help fight with their fellow Muslims, but this sort of "brother in arms" stuff wasnt invented by Muslims? Even now I am reading about the international brigades of the Spanish Civil War and soldiers of countries such as GB who merely fought because they identified with the various causes of the anti-fascist side. In fact in Bosnia the Muhajadeen were disliked as the bosniaks had a shortage of weapons rather than fighters and the Muhajadeen were merely a drain on resources.

Even the Islamic rivalry between the shias and the sunnis in these countries can be said to be more political. right they have this inherent dislike of each other, but usually much of the bombs are done by groups who are losing or who have little political control and face oppression.

Again, I am sure that my list of countries that have been tampered with by current members of NATO in the past 80 years will far outnumber your list.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom78)
    Leave them to it
    So according to you, the daily murder of innocent men, women and children in the name of an outdated religion should be ignored and they should be left to it?

Should Adolf Hitler have been "left to it" when he slaughtered the Jews?

So you're the sort who is okay with intollerence, hatred, murder and brutality going on in the world as long as it doesn't effect you?

I care about all innocent people, yes, even Muslims. I don't like the religion at all but I think it's sickening what happens to Muslim women in the name of that ghastly religion and my heart goes out to them.

I honestly think it's disgraceful that the western world and idiots such as yourself jus ignore attrocities.

Purely because you don't want to seem "intollerant". Well I do care. Any religion that preaches that such offences are acceptable needs outlawing. Again, where is the outrage from the Islamic world?

They're quick to stand up and protest when somebody draws a cartoon yet when a woman gets stoned to death or acid thrown in their face in the name of Islam they ignore it.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Its not really Islam, its muslims using their faith as a decoy for their own disgraceful thoughts and actions.

However, religion has never meant what its books say, only what people say the books mean (so the saying goes).

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 25, 2012
New on TSR

Student crowdfunds degree

Graduate raises £26,000 online for Masters course

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.