Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Indian Premier League Season V

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi :hi:

This is this year's IPL discussion thread.
    If you hate/dislike/disapprove of the IPL, then clearly this thread is not for you! Just ignore it :L

Yeah, so, discuss

RCB FTW
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hate/dislike/dissaprove the IPL.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    This crap is still going on? When will the Indians realise this is ****ing up their cricket. India is the biggest joke side in cricket.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    csk
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ♥ ♥ ♥)
    Hi :hi:

This is this year's IPL discussion thread.
    If you hate/dislike/disapprove of the IPL, then clearly this thread is not for you! Just ignore it :L

Yeah, so, discuss

RCB FTW
    'the virat kohli' lool
    yeah why isn't he captain?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azarimanka)
    This crap is still going on? When will the Indians realise this is ****ing up their cricket. India is the biggest joke side in cricket.
    No, the tournament isn't ****ing up their cricket. The fact that they don't play enough Test cricket is making them so crap. The fact that they spend all their time playing in Asia is the reason why they were whitewashed in Eng and Aus. The fact that we've never had a decent bowling attack is why we're so crap. The fact that our 'legends' hadn't retired/been benched is why we failed in Eng and Aus. The lack of youth in our squad is why we failed.

Should I continue?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamil4)
    'the virat kohli' lool
    yeah why isn't he captain?
    :blush: Maybe that was a bit much :L
    But he's established himself a lot more since the WC last year.

I don't know. Think they don't want to rush him into it, wouldn't want captaincy to affect his form. Plus, Vettori isn't doing too badly, with all his experience.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    PW 4 lyf! Ganguly the captain! Yuvi get well soon! And btw, don't post if you don't like the IPL. Just shows you're illiterate.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    DELHI DELHI DELHI!
    They will win it this season.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Why is the quality in this league so poor - I mean Steyn described it as paid holiday didnt he. Clearly the foreign bowlers don't care, and the indian ones are so crap that players like Gayle make hay
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jai_:))
    DELHI DELHI DELHI!
    They will win it this season.
    Very good chance this here - they have the dream batting line-up. If their bowlers can ably support them then there is not stopping them!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azarimanka)
    Why is the quality in this league so poor - I mean Steyn described it as paid holiday didnt he. Clearly the foreign bowlers don't care, and the indian ones are so crap that players like Gayle make hay
    Well why would the foreign bowlers care? They're paid a lot of money, to do exactly what they love, play cricket. They get the luxurious hotels, and the whole experience of touring India, playing in games that hold no 'real' value (like a WC were you're playing for your nation).

'Not caring' doesn't mean their bowling will be ****, as they'll want to show off their skills to be paid more in the next auction.

And Gayle doesn't only make runs in the IPL. Any domestic T20 tournament, bowlers go for runs, regardless of whether you're Dale Steyn, Malinga or a part-timer like Raina, you will go for runs. Yeah you get some exceptional performances where bowlers get 5 wicket hauls or whatever, but the majority of the time, it's due to batsmen trying ro slog hit.

My point is, is that the IPL is the same as any domestic tournament, just with heaps more money.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ♥ ♥ ♥)
    :blush: Maybe that was a bit much :L
    But he's established himself a lot more since the WC last year.

I don't know. Think they don't want to rush him into it, wouldn't want captaincy to affect his form. Plus, Vettori isn't doing too badly, with all his experience.
    Kohli was dam good against pAkistan the other day, scored 180 odd didn't he?!
    Fair enough... We have dhoni
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frankster)
    Very good chance this here - they have the dream batting line-up. If their bowlers can ably support them then there is not stopping them!
    I know. sehwag, warner, KP, taylor? wow man

i'm going for delhi, supporting my home city :cool:

you from pune or something?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jai_:))
    I know. sehwag, warner, KP, taylor? wow man

i'm going for delhi, supporting my home city :cool:

you from pune or something?
    Yeah. Well I was born near Pune (my home city) but since then lived in Delhi but moved to the UK. Delhi my next best team . But hopefully Pune Warriors can do something this year.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    IPL STINKS (Im indian btw) :mob:
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sachinisgod)
    IPL STINKS (Im indian btw) :mob:
    why?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamil4)
    why?
    Cos the players are more interested in going to the After Parties after every game and pulling cheerleaders and getting drunk. My cousin managed to get invited to a party of the Delhi Daredevils n said this is what happens.

Instead of preparing themselves or practicing for the next match they are perpetually drunk. The rich people are taking advantage of the players to make money for themselves and they dont seem to understand that.

If IPL is so great why havent we managed to get beyond the knockout stages of every World Twenty20 in 2009 and 2010. Getting hammered both times on bouncy wickets. SHows IPL pitches are made dead on purpose and boundaries are brought in to prop up overrated batting.

Players putting IPL contracts first before national commitments is down right treason. AKA gambhir and shewag missing surgery so that they can play in the IPL but getting injured straight after it so they miss the test series against England.

Ill give this league 2 years max until it disintergrates and crumbles.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is there still a lot of interest from the Indian public?
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'll be home for Easter so no doubt I'll be glued just out of habit. **** like DLF maximums do piss me off but you know what to expect when you watch the IPL, I guess. The other annoyance will be Matt Smith who....clearly doesn't want to present it. But I guess money's tight these days.

Chose to follow RCB when it all started because Dravid was their icon player and supported them ever since. :pierre:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: May 28, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.