Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Enjoying having no appetite

Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014

Wasn't sure how to word the title. The thing is, I just don't have any appetite right now - I'm just not feeling hungry or thirsty. I'm not the type of person to miss meals either - I'm always eating or snacking and I always have been.

There isn't really anything going on in my life that I can put it down to, but it's worrying me, because I'm enjoying it. It feels good not to be eating as much or to be eating much less for a meal. And I think I'm kind of getting used to the feeling of having not eaten after a long time. I don't know if I'm making a problem out of nothing, but I guess I'm scared it might become a habit. I have to force myself to eat and when I do, it's really difficult to swallow and then I generally feel sick afterwards. Even when I do feel hungry, I get this feeling in my throat like I can't eat. So I'm probably creating some kind of cycle.

I don't know what to do about it really. Maybe it'll pass. I'm trying to keep drinking lots of water but I don't know if I should be worried.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    i'm feeling like this too. i'm attributing it to the lovely weather and slightly higher temperatures.
    unlike the winter, where you need to eat more to keep yourself more insulated, in the summer time, you tend to eat less because you don't need to keep yourself warm.
    however, i'm still eating pretty normally, but i think it's just out of habit, and i have reduced my portions considerably, because i know i wont be able to finish a regular portion now.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by christykai1049)
    i'm feeling like this too. i'm attributing it to the lovely weather and slightly higher temperatures.
    unlike the winter, where you need to eat more to keep yourself more insulated, in the summer time, you tend to eat less because you don't need to keep yourself warm.
    however, i'm still eating pretty normally, but i think it's just out of habit, and i have reduced my portions considerably, because i know i wont be able to finish a regular portion now.
    By that reasoning you should be much thirstier, being hotter and all.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by So Instinct)
    By that reasoning you should be much thirstier, being hotter and all.
    yes, i am thirstier actually.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 23, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.