The Student Room Group

Calling all law students

Hey Guys!!

I am currently in college going to study mathematics and computing in septemeber...but i have recently been drawn to the land of law!!
im uber confused now i dont know what to do i love maths but i feel law will 100% saturate me and keep me interested and passionful!

whats your stories?
How and why did you end up doing law?
And how is it going so far!?

Thankssssssss :biggrin:
Reply 1
Original post by debz1993
Hey Guys!!

I am currently in college going to study mathematics and computing in septemeber...but i have recently been drawn to the land of law!!
im uber confused now i dont know what to do i love maths but i feel law will 100% saturate me and keep me interested and passionful!

whats your stories?
How and why did you end up doing law?
And how is it going so far!?

Thankssssssss :biggrin:

are you doing a levels because you are supposed to have 4 not 2 (maths and computing).
Reply 2
To read law you need to have an open mind and be able to look at the bigger pictures as well as find details that may have been overlooked.
Other than that what you study at A levels doesn't really matter.
Oh and of course you need to love learning by heart.
Reply 3
Original post by non
are you doing a levels because you are supposed to have 4 not 2 (maths and computing).

Yes for Alevels im doing maths chemistry and biology!
In septemeber im going to start doing maths and computing degree but at the mo i'm confusedd as ive been recently looking at the law degree and its caught my heart!

Hows it going for you? Have you always wanted to do law?
Reply 4
Original post by facdroit
To read law you need to have an open mind and be able to look at the bigger pictures as well as find details that may have been overlooked.
Other than that what you study at A levels doesn't really matter.
Oh and of course you need to love learning by heart.

Hmm yess i understand you about the whole open mindedness thing...that i like! thinkin out of the box!

Thanksss for the info boss! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by debz1993
Yes for Alevels im doing maths chemistry and biology!
In septemeber im going to start doing maths and computing degree but at the mo i'm confusedd as ive been recently looking at the law degree and its caught my heart!

Hows it going for you? Have you always wanted to do law?

you can take the GDL after you finish your degree, what university are you at and what year are you in because to get onto the GDL (graduate diploma in law) you must need a 2.1. the GDL lasts for 1 year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending