The Student Room Group

I don't understand why she does this!

Anon please.

I text this girl a fair bit (most of which she initiates). But whenever we're in the same class or room (which is once a week) she'll act strange. Like yesterday as I went into hand in something to the teacher (who she was she was sitting next to) she pulled out her phone and started looking at it. I doubt she got a message at exactly that time. It's just a bit frustating.

Should I just start blanking her messages?
Reply 1
Anyone?
Reply 2
She is probably just feeling awkward/embarrassed; it's easy to get quite familiar with someone over text but then feel like you don't know them that well in person, and she probably didn't really know how to act.
Just talk to her. She obviously wants you to.
She's waiting for you to ask her out.
Reply 5
Ow, I think I just felt my face hit the desk.
Reply 6
Yeah it's very frustrating. For sure there's a reason why she acts like that but it's for you to find out. If she texts you a lot and then behaves like that, it's probably because she's shy/embarrassed. Text her.
Reply 7
Original post by Jelkin
She is probably just feeling awkward/embarrassed; it's easy to get quite familiar with someone over text but then feel like you don't know them that well in person, and she probably didn't really know how to act.

I think Jelkin is correct, OP. On the plus side, being online buddies can get you through that awkward IRL phase quicker than when just speaking to a random person; it's a good foundation.
Reply 8
Original post by CJKay
Ow, I think I just felt my face hit the desk.

This has got to be the biggest :facepalm2: Come on, how obvious is that?
Reply 9
Original post by sweeter than a cherry pie
Maybe she's just shy in person. I know a guy a bit like this. When we text, he seems really confident and up-front with me, but in person he seems kind of disinterested... Yet when he texted me a couple of hours after we'd seen each other he sounded totally keen again, and said how much fun he'd had. Maybe she just needs to get used to talking to you in person. Go up to her and say hi. :smile:

What do you think of him when he does that? Does it make you lose interest in him assuming you are interested?
Reply 10
Text and asks her why she does it.
Reply 11
Original post by sweeter than a cherry pie
Um, I guess it kind of made my try harder to get his attention, actually. :P Found out afterwards that it had indeed worked, though it didn't seem so at the time. But I was a bit put out by his reaction (or appparent lack thereof) at the time.

I see. Well we haven't been in contact since so it's hard to tell.
OP, what's the latest?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending