Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Things that piss the hell out of you in everyday life

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AYO)
    ohh? but loud white people are better?
    You've obviously never been to south east London.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emilyborden)
    When people can't tell the difference between "your" and "you're", or "they're", "there" and "their". Bad grammar in general bugs me.
    As soon as someone mentions this, I automatically turn into a grammar detective and check their post/speech for any mistakes. That annoys me.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Buying a product and then a newer version coming out some months later!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    People who start hunting for change down the bottom of a bag at a till point after waiting in a queue for over 5 minutes.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    the bus- slow, unreliable and ALWAYS late
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    My internet connection stopping randomly.

Slow walkers.

People who cannot pronounce/spell basic words.

People who don't have basic knowledge (especially if you take a subject like Sociology. It is painful).

13/14/15 year old girls bragging about their 'piss up' and who they have slept with.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    People smoking / Shooting up on buses. Especially with school kids around.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aleeece123)
    when you're walking down a path and there's a group of people walking in the opposite direction towards you. Obviously they all have to walk in a row, blocking the entire pavement, and couldn't possibly disrupt their conversation long enough to move out of the way a bit to let you pass. Not so much of a problem when you can walk out into the road a bit, or onto some grass or something to get round them, but when there's a wall or a massive puddle etc in the way as well, it's sooo annoying! This seems to happen to me at least once a day when I'm at uni..
    That's because the footpaths in Durham are all about three inches wide
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama-beans)
    I tend to go for the, "I need to catch a bus/train..." excuse and just walk off.
    I've tried that before and they've walked with me to the station :rolleyes:
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    - Awful grammar; especially from people who want to be journalists and/or keep blogs.
    - 14 year-old girls posting "vanity" photos of themselves on Facebook, with captions such as "Just got out of bed", or "I'm so ugly" - FACEBOOK DOES NOT FORCE YOU TO UPLOAD EVERY PHOTO YOU TAKE OF YOURSELF.
    - Being -1 character on Twitter and having to decide which grammar crime to commit.
    - People who think a degree's a degree, no matter what the subject or where you study it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    People who can't spell "definitely" just because it's a mistake that I see all the time. The worst thing is when they change it to "defiantly." Where did this come from?!

When people say "I could care less." I think this is an American thing?

Loud people on buses. Well, buses in general.

Ooh...so many more. Think everything's been mentioned really.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    my Internet being slowww
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    People who can't control their spoilt brat.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    myself, just having to put up with myself jheez.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coeru)
    People who can't spell "definitely" just because it's a mistake that I see all the time. The worst thing is when they change it to "defiantly." Where did this come from?!
    YES you hit the nail on the head with that one. I've seen so many bizzare variations like deffinetly, definately and definetly. I just don't get it.

Also, when people add about 5 extra letters at the end of every word, for example: "Heyyyyy how are youuuuu?". "I'mmmm fineeeee thanksssss howwww areeee youuuuuuuuu?" :mad:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Noisy children on public transport. I know it can't always be helped, but it's still annoying.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    when you drop something at night when everyone else is asleep and it makes so much more noise than it would have in the day -_-
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)
    People who can't control their spoilt brat.
    yeah my little sister is like this and it is so EMBARRASSING when she wont do as shes told and everyone is staring at you (sorry spelling is NOT my strong point, dont judge)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    When you shoot someone with a sniper on MW3 and they don't die
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    When a coin falls over on a table or desk, and then does that spinning things that takes ages, making that really annoying noise.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 24, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered Chat threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.