The Student Room Group

IB Psychology or Athropology?

Name says it all really :smile: I'm a year 11 student who wants to do the IB next year but can't choose between these two subjects :smile: I would like to know:
.The difficulty of both subjects- how hard it is to get good scores
.Opinions about how interesting the content is
.Is any of them more valuable than the other?
.How much essay work is required for these subjects?

and besides that just some genarel information really to help me decide :smile:

Thank you in advance
Reply 1
Well, I can't really answer all of your questions, but... Psychology is generally a more common subject than Anthropology. This means that you have more information available on it than you do on anthropology. Psychology is generally easy, it's just tedious work, but very interesting if you enjoy it. I don't personally know anyone who took anthropology, but the course outline looks rather interesting. However, I know a lot of people who consider sociology and anthropology to be the most useless courses one could possibly take (ofc, this is at undergrad level, here you'd only be doing high school level :P)... I think psychology might be more helpful generally since it's applicable to almost every other course in one way or another.
Both require roughly the same amount of essay work, I think.

Essentially, just read the course outlines and choose the one you find most interesting. Out of curiousity, would it be on HL or SL level? (:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending