The Student Room Group

What age do MOST women look their best?

Scroll to see replies

Varies, some get drastically worse after 20, some look great at 30.
Reply 61

I looove Young Brad :colondollar:

Ewww
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 62
Original post by Aeyuin
Perhaps. I do agree with you but I think there are a lot of males that do actually look their best now (David Tennant is one example in fact). But the point I was making was that they retain their looks more. You get a lot of attractive females aged 18-35 but with men, but dwindles after that. With men (perhaps it's just my taste), you get a far larger number of attractive people in the late 30s/40s than women. Liam Neeson who I posted on the last page is 59! 59 and looks like that... I hope I look that good when I'm that age.

What about Sophia Loren who is 77!

Helen Mirren is 66

Meryl Streep is 62

A great example of a woman aging well is J-LO(she looks better without make up)

She still looks like a teenager especially after having twins 43 years old and still so natural compared to other celebs.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 63
About 18 - mid 20s.

To take a psychological view on this, we are programmed to think of late teen-women are the most attractive as that, biologically speaking, is the prime age for child bearing. Blokes tend to be considered handsome longer because once they reach child-bearing age their fertility shouldn't reduce (unlike women).
For those saying that younger blokes are better than older ones, what about Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles. late 20s and early 30s respectively. OMG yum.
Reply 65
I dunno but I had a conversation about this with someone the other day and he said he thought in their early 30s, which is encouraging!
Reply 66
Original post by ^^^HHH^^^
I was just talking about their looks. After all that is what was asked.

ah kk. fair enough.
Reply 67
Cindy Crawford

Looking Amazinggg for 46!!
I find men over 40 extremely creepy.
Monica Belluci:47

attractive women from the ages of 37-56:

Spoiler

My point is that most woman can look very good up until 50ish or maybe even longer if they take care of themselves, men as well. So imo between 16-60 for attractive. (so anywhere between 20-45 for most attractive)
Original post by Aeyuin
Again, maybe it's just my taste but I don't think any of the women on this page are attractive or have retained their looks well (but I don't find that many people to be very attractive anyway I guess).

Sophia Loren looks stunning for someone that is 77 (3 year before she hits the 80th mark). Not even many men look that good after 65 years of age.

And you don't find J-Lo,Cindy Crawford,Monica Belluci or Ashwariya Rai attractive? are you sure you're straight?

And Liam Neeson isn't even that attractive.Tom Cruise and Johnny Depp are good examples of men retaining they good looks.

The queen looks good and all :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 71
late teens till early 40's, in both cases if they look after themselves though :tongue:
Reply 72
tbh the better you look after yourself and the happier you are the better you will look, there is more to look than what the eye can see. Also its an un fortunate truth that white people tend to age quicker than black/asian people, imagine a room of 40 white men/women and 40 black men/women all aged 43. in all honesty i follow my biological programming, but my step mother is nearly 50 and she'll blow away lots of girls half her age. my father is also nearly 50 and he could get the same girls i would go for!!! im 28..
Reply 73
Original post by Derringer
tbh the better you look after yourself and the happier you are the better you will look, there is more to look than what the eye can see. Also its an un fortunate truth that white people tend to age quicker than black/asian people, imagine a room of 40 white men/women and 40 black men/women all aged 43. in all honesty i follow my biological programming, but my step mother is nearly 50 and she'll blow away lots of girls half her age. my father is also nearly 50 and he could get the same girls i would go for!!! im 28..

Yea I know what you mean. I think 40-50 old men are so much hotter :biggrin:
What young girl would refuse to date a man with saggy moobs, a nice beer belly, grey hair, grey pubes, wrinkles all over his face (and not only!), a man that can't have a full erection and maintain it, that usually orgasms after a couple of minutes (sometimes even faster) and that probably has a kid or two the same age as yours or even older? mmm that's so tempting :colone:
Unfortunately, us women age faster, i mean we already look damn old in our mid 20's while men are so much more lucky, the older they get the better they look (as you can see in my description above) :rolleyes:
Reply 74
I would say about 18...I do like the young look and soft features.
Reply 75
Men peak usually between 25-40...the face comes more defined and the body broader which just looks more manly.
Reply 76
This thread is incredibly ignorant. How good you look depends on how well you TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. There is no "magic number" where people start/stop being attractive. I am in my early 20's fyi.

First of all, let me clarify something. Women do not age at a younger age, or faster than men when they take care of themselves. The reason why so many women in Hollywood look horrible is for obvious reasons- A) They all smoke in fear of getting fat. B) They all get plastic surgery on their faces way too early because they want to "stay young", but it only makes them look OLDER THAN THEY ARE.

Do you people get that women in Hollywood are not regular women, and look 10 times older than women their age who take care of themselves? Hollywood is filled with heavy drug abuse, chain smokers, women on starvation diets, and plastic surgery hags.

Point is, it is not about age. It is about taking care of yourself. Most women in Hollywood don't. And many women in real life don't either. They sunbathe, go to tanning beds, smoke cigarettes to stay thin, go on terrible diets, use diet pills, and get botox on their faces which makes them look old and horrible.

Take care of your skin, stay healthy and you will look good. Don't take care of your skin, be unhealthy and you'll age like ****. That is the bottom line.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 77
Original post by XXchachaXX
Yea I know what you mean. I think 40-50 old men are so much hotter :biggrin:
What young girl would refuse to date a man with saggy moobs, a nice beer belly, grey hair, grey pubes, wrinkles all over his face (and not only!), a man that can't have a full erection and maintain it, that usually orgasms after a couple of minutes (sometimes even faster) and that probably has a kid or two the same age as yours or even older? mmm that's so tempting :colone:
Unfortunately, us women age faster, i mean we already look damn old in our mid 20's while men are so much more lucky, the older they get the better they look (as you can see in my description above) :rolleyes:

Please speak for yourself. I don't know any friend of mine in their 20's who looks old. And I don't find men get attractive as they age. I don't know what kind of people you hang out with, but women aren't supposed to even age in their 20's (I went to college to be a dermatologist) So if you look 'old' and you're in your mid 20's, you either have horrible genetics or aren't taking care of your skin.
Original post by lilwoman23
Please speak for yourself. I don't know any friend of mine in their 20's who looks old. And I don't find men get attractive as they age. I don't know what kind of people you hang out with, but women aren't supposed to even age in their 20's (I went to college to be a dermatologist) So if you look 'old' and you're in your mid 20's, you either have horrible genetics or aren't taking care of your skin.

I think she was being sarcastic.

I still stand by my earlier post. most women and men peak somewhere between 18-30 since they are done with puberty, good fashion sense, know how to apply make-up*, fertility peak, strength peak. Most people could maintain their *peak* if they looked after themselves.

I think it's funny how the people who claim that men get better with age are usually guys :rolleyes:. Imo women look better than guys at all ages-because they care about their appearance and are helped with make-up. The only disadvantage with women is that some of them have to go through child-birth which can ruin their body sometimes.

Ohh and i'm 17 btw.
Reply 79
Now here are some Hollywood women who take care of themselves

Zooey Deschanel 32

zooey_deschanel_7x2my.jpeg

Marion Cotillard 36

84822.jpg

Heather Graham 42

Heather+Graham+L+Gay+Lesbian+Center+Evening+wRsy6vf92Oxl.jpg

Heather-Grahan-04.jpg

Michelle Monahan 36
MichelleMonaghan.RobLoud.jpg