The Student Room Group

7% of the Britsih population is privately educated, but they get 60% of the TOP jobs.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aust1n
And this is what is wrong with society. Everybody deserves the same chance from birth. Being born into a different class should not (but of course it does) effect your life chances. The divide is getting bigger and we are on a downward slope. Let's have equality, but only when it suits us...

Ever heard of the saying "Lifes not fair" it annoys the **** out of me but it's kind of true I'm afraid :yy:
Reply 221
Original post by Multitalented me
Ever heard of the saying "Lifes not fair" it annoys the **** out of me but it's kind of true I'm afraid :yy:

Really? I never would have thought it? An idiom created to put people in their place...

Life could be made fairer for the whole world if people weren't so greedy.
Original post by Aust1n
Really? I never would have thought it? An idiom created to put people in their place...

Life could be made fairer for the whole world if people weren't so greedy.

Life is not fair does not put people in their place. It is saying 'work hard and stop focussing so much on others, as life is not fair'. It is not saying 'accept what you have and don't try to move as life is not fair'.

At least I was brought up following the first one anyway..
Reply 223
I do work hard, but as a youth worker I believe everybody is entitled to the same start in life. What you make of it from there, is up to you.

People need to be fussed about, because every single human being on the planet deserves an opportunity to have social mobility; this is something we are lacking in the world today.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending