Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should Children learn about sexual orientations in schools

Announcements Posted on
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DYKWIA)
    I had every right. I agree that I cannot restrict gay PDA's because I don't like it, because I am not everywhere at once. That said, if I see gay men making out, why can't I tell them to stop doing something that grosses me out and scares me?
    So you're saying you do have a right over PDA's. If you are there and it grosses you out then the PDA has to stop because somehow you have a right to stop other people's expression of love? What if I were in a room with a heterosexual couple and they were making out. Do I have a right to stop them because I don't like it? The answer is no. Whether or not you like what they are doing doesn't affect whether or not they have a right to do it.

It does when homosexuality harms us all.
    That's still not how that works no. You still need to brush up on your law. You have no right to vote on another person's civil liberties. Period. You also have yet to provide any kind of demonstrable harm. Or even theoretical harm that is realistic.

1. I don't like it. 2. It leads to more of a gender divide. 3. It leads to an increase in gay STDs. 4. It confuses children and isn't good for them. 5. It will lead to an increase in the number of male rape victims.
    1. Nobody cares if YOU like it. You liking or disliking it is irrelevant.
    2. That's an unsubstantiated claim. Unless you have a source to back that up?
    3. Again that is also false. In fact reality and studies show that it is a false assertion. And basic logic would lead one to believe the exact opposite.
    4. You have yet to show how/why it is confusing and 'not good' for them. So another unsubstantiated claim.
    5. Another unsubstantiated claim. How can you claim that? We already discussed your opinion of rape that also doesn't make any sense.

You would have no right to stop me trying.
    The state does. You are willingly harming you child which is grounds to take them away from you and press charges against you.

Electro-shock therapy would work, but it isn't legal any more. Otherwise just certain drugs and therapy in order to persuade you that homosexual thoughts are not good.
    Again ECT does not work. It's called conditioning and doesn't change anything but suppresses urges. Thats all. Same with the drugs for 'persuasion' you mentioned. You should really read A Clockwork Orange. It shows the results of such 'therapies'.

Don't tell me to 'grow up'. I didn't mean to call them a ***, but it happened because I was annoyed at them. I didn't deserve to be hit for standing up to gays, especially when they provoked me by not stopping their gay PDA's.
    Just because you were angry/upset/whatever doesn't mean you didn't mean to say it. They didn't provoke you. They didn't have to stop their PDA. You had no right to stop them as stated above.

I do try. I am a young republican and I do try and fight gay marriage where I can.
    Which is sad because you don't even know how to back up your opinions/arguments. Even big time republicans would be ashamed at your lack of understanding that you need a credible basis for your claims.

Believe what you want, i'm neither. I'm not ignorant just because I have different views from you though.
    You aren't ignorant because of your different views. You are ignorant because you don't critically analyze your own opinions or basis for them.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Only if they are good looking lesbians. but that is beside the point, I believe gay marriage is wrong, not matter whether the people involved are male or female.
    You're seriously just being an arse now; lesbians are not there purely for your entertainment, they are still nasty gay people. Not only are you trying to impose the 'separate but equal' idea on straight and gay people, you are also trying to impose it on the gay community. Stupid...

I had every right. I agree that I cannot restrict gay PDA's because I don't like it, because I am not everywhere at once. That said, if I see gay men making out, why can't I tell them to stop doing something that grosses me out and scares me?
    I'm beginning to worry you have some sort of short term memory loss - you said in the PREVIOUS SENTENCE that you cannot restrict gay PDA. You have no right to restrict who can show affection in public and who can't, so stop pretending you do. Yes, there is a time and a place for different kinds of PDA, so if they were making out somewhere it was not appropriate, then by all means ask them to tone it down, but NOT because they are gay but because it isn't the time and the place (and of course you would have to do the same for straight couples, but I don't imagine you object to that at all do you?)

It does when homosexuality harms us all
    Kindly explain how. Pretty sure it doesn't harm me.

1. I don't like it. 2. It leads to more of a gender divide. 3. It leads to an increase in gay STDs. 4. It confuses children and isn't good for them. 5. It will lead to an increase in the number of male rape victims.
    1. Well boo hoo, nobody actually gives a s***
    2. How does it lead to an increased gender divide, that just doesn't make sense.
    3. You are on a UK forum, so it is time you listened to some UK stats, ones that are verified and not from bull**** sources like the FRC; in 2010, the majority of new diagnoses of HIV were among heterosexual men, not homosexual men.
    4.1. It only confuses kids because of the multitude of mixed signals surrounding homosexuality; we have homophobes like you saying that it's wrong, while right-minded, tolerant people are keen to stress that it actually makes no difference whatsoever, which is why education is needed in schools to stress that it makes no difference, and to reduce 'confusion'
    4.2. How is it not good for them? What evidence do you have to back that up?
    5. Haha, now you're just being ridiculous - or have you finally grasped what a joke is??

You would have no right to stop me trying.
    You have no right to stop gay PDA/insult gay people/oppose gay marriage when it has nothing to do with you/a whole host of other equally stupid things that you do, yet you still do/try to do, so forgive us if we're not inclined to listen to you on this point.

Electro-shock therapy would work, but it isn't legal any more. Otherwise just certain drugs and therapy in order to persuade you that homosexual thoughts are not good.
    It isn't legal anymore because it doesn't work and just causes harm to the individual involved.

Don't tell me to 'grow up'. I didn't mean to call them a ***, but it happened because I was annoyed at them. I didn't deserve to be hit for standing up to gays, especially when they provoked me by not stopping their gay PDA's.
    Don't pretend being hit ONCE is the same as being bullied, it's just offensive to anyone who ever has been. There is no accidental way to insult somebody to their face, so I'm sorry but I'm inclined to think you very much meant it.

Jheez, standing up to gays? Because a gay couple expressing their affection is such a disgusting blemish on society - you're right, how did I not see that before?! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO STOP A GAY COUPLE EXPRESSING THEIR FEELINGS FOR ONE ANOTHER IN PUBLIC. Please stop pretending what you think about a gay couple does actually matters. If someone asked you to stop, saying it was because heterosexual PDA is disgusting and then insulted you, you would be inclined to hit them too.

I do try. I am a young republican and I do try and fight gay marriage where I can.
    And you wonder why so many people see the GOP as nothing more than a massive joke - not hard when people like you are involved!

Believe what you want, i'm neither. I'm not ignorant just because I have different views from you though.
    No you're ignorant because you were born that way. But don't worry, we know it's not something you can choose, it's just how you were born, so we won't take any of your rights away from you because of it, just like we are afforded all our rights even though we are gay...Oh, wait a minute...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Only if they are good looking lesbians.
    urggh, creepy
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RandZul'Zorander)
    So you're saying you do have a right over PDA's. If you are there and it grosses you out then the PDA has to stop because somehow you have a right to stop other people's expression of love? What if I were in a room with a heterosexual couple and they were making out. Do I have a right to stop them because I don't like it? The answer is no. Whether or not you like what they are doing doesn't affect whether or not they have a right to do it.
    But I have every right to tell them to stop. Whether they listen or not is another matter. It would be nice if gay people were more decent.

1. Nobody cares if YOU like it. You liking or disliking it is irrelevant.
    but there are many people with my views (something like 50% of the nation).

2. That's an unsubstantiated claim. Unless you have a source to back that up?
    It's simple logic. Gay couples only interact with people of the same sex. You don't interact enough with women which can lead to a gender divide.

3. Again that is also false. In fact reality and studies show that it is a false assertion. And basic logic would lead one to believe the exact opposite.
    No. Gay marriage would lead to more openly gay people and therefore more gay relationships.

5. Another unsubstantiated claim. How can you claim that? We already discussed your opinion of rape that also doesn't make any sense.
    Gay people are in all honesty the only people who can rape other men. I don't believe that a straight person would want to sexually assault someone of the same sex. If I wanted to exert physical domination beating them up is enough.

The state does. You are willingly harming you child which is grounds to take them away from you and press charges against you.
    I'd be helping the child so I would not have a kid taken away.

Again ECT does not work. It's called conditioning and doesn't change anything but suppresses urges. Thats all. Same with the drugs for 'persuasion' you mentioned. You should really read A Clockwork Orange. It shows the results of such 'therapies'.
    There's no problem with that. It is used in other cases to treat certain conditions. I know. It does work.

Just because you were angry/upset/whatever doesn't mean you didn't mean to say it. They didn't provoke you. They didn't have to stop their PDA. You had no right to stop them as stated above.
    He did it because he knew I didn't like it.

Which is sad because you don't even know how to back up your opinions/arguments. Even big time republicans would be ashamed at your lack of understanding that you need a credible basis for your claims.
    I'm not the only republican with my views and actually the vast majority of the presidential candidates all agree that gay marriage is wrong.

(Original post by Jester94)
    You're seriously just being an arse now; lesbians are not there purely for your entertainment, they are still nasty gay people. Not only are you trying to impose the 'separate but equal' idea on straight and gay people, you are also trying to impose it on the gay community. Stupid...
    I know lesbians aren't there for my entertainment, but good looking ones don't gross me out in the same way. I in no way am suggesting that lesbians should be treated differently though.

I'm beginning to worry you have some sort of short term memory loss - you said in the PREVIOUS SENTENCE that you cannot restrict gay PDA. You have no right to restrict who can show affection in public and who can't, so stop pretending you do. Yes, there is a time and a place for different kinds of PDA, so if they were making out somewhere it was not appropriate, then by all means ask them to tone it down, but NOT because they are gay but because it isn't the time and the place (and of course you would have to do the same for straight couples, but I don't imagine you object to that at all do you?)
    I know that, but I can still ask them to stop.

Kindly explain how. Pretty sure it doesn't harm me.
    It scares me and grosses me out.

1. Well boo hoo, nobody actually gives a s***
    2. How does it lead to an increased gender divide, that just doesn't make sense.
    3. You are on a UK forum, so it is time you listened to some UK stats, ones that are verified and not from bull**** sources like the FRC; in 2010, the majority of new diagnoses of HIV were among heterosexual men, not homosexual men.
    4.1. It only confuses kids because of the multitude of mixed signals surrounding homosexuality; we have homophobes like you saying that it's wrong, while right-minded, tolerant people are keen to stress that it actually makes no difference whatsoever, which is why education is needed in schools to stress that it makes no difference, and to reduce 'confusion'
    4.2. How is it not good for them? What evidence do you have to back that up?
    5. Haha, now you're just being ridiculous - or have you finally grasped what a joke is??
    As I said above. gay marriage is wrong and I have provided reasons. My sense of humor is fine, thanks.

It isn't legal anymore because it doesn't work and just causes harm to the individual involved.
    But it helps them. This I do know. It makes you physically sick to think about the action. It works. It is still used in certain applications, just not sexuality - because people like you stopped it. probably because it was working.

No you're ignorant because you were born that way. But don't worry, we know it's not something you can choose, it's just how you were born, so we won't take any of your rights away from you because of it, just like we are afforded all our rights even though we are gay...Oh, wait a minute...
    Everyone is born ignorant. i am not ignorant though. i am well aware of the damages of homosexuality. I also don't think I'm particularly mathematically ignorant.

For your other points, see above: I replied to randzs'blahblah.

(Original post by Kibalchich)
    urggh, creepy
    why? I don't act on it.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:

why? I don't act on it.
    Maybe you should, I hear all lesbos secretly crave cock :rolleyes:
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should, I hear all lesbos secretly crave cock :rolleyes:
    I don't think so, because they wouldn't be lesbian otherwise. :rolleyes:

it could be fun to get involved though.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:

creepy freak
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    it's true. a gay person hit me once, for accidentally calling them a ***.
    it me once just

its true black person hit me once just for calling them a ******

its true woman hit me once just for calling them a ****
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    creepy freak
    what is your problem? are you seriously telling me you have never had thoughts about other people behind their back?

It's perfectly normal. I really don't appreciate being called a 'creepy freak'.

(Original post by heyhey922)
    it me once just

its true black person hit me once just for calling them a ******

its true woman hit me once just for calling them a ****
    It's not the same. You can't compare them.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    what is your problem? are you seriously telling me you have never had thoughts about other people behind their back?

You're a creepy freak with some serious psycho-sexual problems.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:

oh wow, i am SO surprised to see you, a homophobe, in yet another discussion about gay people!

if you dislike gay people so much (and you do, before you try and deny it) why do you keep spending all your time posting about them? for example i really do not like stamp collecting, therefore i do not POST about stamp collecting... then again i am not arrogant enough to think my dislike of stamp collecting should mean other people should not collect stamps.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    But I have every right to tell them to stop. Whether they listen or not is another matter. It would be nice if gay people were more decent.
    It would be nice if heterosexual people were more decent. I don't want to see their heterosexualness out in public. Ewwww...

Yeah, see how great that argument is?

And... That doesn't mean you're right.

It's simple logic. Gay couples only interact with people of the same sex. You don't interact enough with women which can lead to a gender divide.
    You CLEARLY have never met a gay person or been friends with one in your life. That's SO blatantly false. The gay stereotype is that the ONLY interact with women. Gay people have friends all genders. What an ignorant thing to say :rolleyes:

No. Gay marriage would lead to more openly gay people and therefore more gay relationships.
    None of that logically follows or is necessitated. It MIGHT lead to more openly gay people, but that in no way means there will be MORE gay relationships.

Gay people are in all honesty the only people who can rape other men. I don't believe that a straight person would want to sexually assault someone of the same sex. If I wanted to exert physical domination beating them up is enough.
    Again, you still know nothing about psychology, so stop pretending you do.

Harming a child via severe psychological trauma and stress doesn't help them, I have no idea what planet you've been living on.

There's no problem with that. It is used in other cases to treat certain conditions. I know. It does work.
    Only, it doesn't - as research very clearly shows. :rolleyes: You have no idea how it's supposed to work or what it actually does, so stop pretending you do.

THE HORROR! POOR YOU!

I'm not the only republican with my views and actually the vast majority of the presidential candidates all agree that gay marriage is wrong.
    The great part about this? It's going to his the Supreme Court sooner or later, so it doesn't really matter what they think. And in fact, you'll see that Obama is not against it; both Clinton's are strongly for it; Jimmy Carter is strongly for it. Oh look, we have huge, widely respected, political figures on our side

I know lesbians aren't there for my entertainment, but good looking ones don't gross me out in the same way. I in no way am suggesting that lesbians should be treated differently though.
    Nope - you just have an innate double standard. Good job sexualizing people :mad:

Great, so you admit to being homophobic.

As I said above. gay marriage is wrong and I have provided reasons. My sense of humor is fine, thanks.
    None of your 'reasons' are anywhere close to valid or true... Still.

But it helps them. This I do know. It makes you physically sick to think about the action. It works. It is still used in certain applications, just not sexuality - because people like you stopped it. probably because it was working.
    Stop pretending to know psychology. That DOESN'T work. That's doesn't 'fix' anything or make anything 'better' - it just conditions the person to feel physically sick whenever they think about their sexual orientation. CLEARLY a good thing. Stop pretending to know psychology, you VERY CLEARLY know absolutely nothing about it.

Everyone is born ignorant. i am not ignorant though. i am well aware of the damages of homosexuality. I also don't think I'm particularly mathematically ignorant.
    You're just completely ignorant in general.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:

but it's ok for you to effectively call gay people the same thing? as well as worse things?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes, mandatory integration schemes are needed in UK schools urgently aswell to tackle the lack of integration and growing resentment between communities, usually as a result of mass immigration. Anything that leads towards an open liberal and free society for all is welcomed.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    t's not the same. You can't compare them.
    Its exactly the same, while they shouldnt have hit you, you were being incredibly offensive and should be ashamed of using such an offensive word, do you even know what it means?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NYU2012)
    It would be nice if heterosexual people were more decent. I don't want to see their heterosexualness out in public. Ewwww...

Yeah, see how great that argument is?

DYKEwia is a lost homophobic cause. See the irony in his/her name.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)
    but it's ok for you to effectively call gay people the same thing? as well as worse things?
    It's okay for him to do whatever he wants, and no one should say or do anything about what he says or does - because he's always right, obviously.

I love such extreme double standards, they're so great
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    **** off back to America, no one cares about your opinion. Dickhead
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloe xxx)
    DYKEwia is a lost homophobic cause. See the irony in his/her name.
    it's neither dykewia nor dickwia. please stop using them. you clearly don't understand irony because i didn't mean my name to be dickwia...oh and it isn't.

(Original post by heyhey922)
    Its exactly the same, while they shouldnt have hit you, you were being incredibly offensive and should be ashamed of using such an offensive word, do you even know what it means?
    yes, it means a gay person. i don't see why it is offensive tbh. i use 'gay' to mean something bad quite often, just like everyone else.

(Original post by Bellissima)
    oh wow, i am SO surprised to see you, a homophobe, in yet another discussion about gay people!

if you dislike gay people so much (and you do, before you try and deny it) why do you keep spending all your time posting about them? for example i really do not like stamp collecting, therefore i do not POST about stamp collecting... then against i am not arrogant enough to think my dislike of stamp collecting should mean other people should not collect stamps.
    stamp collecting doesn't hurt me, so I am not against it. gay marriage does.

(Original post by NYU2012)
    You CLEARLY have never met a gay person or been friends with one in your life. That's SO blatantly false. The gay stereotype is that the ONLY interact with women. Gay people have friends all genders. What an ignorant thing to say :rolleyes:
    I have no gay friends. I have one ex-gay friend, although I think you might be right - he may be closeted in which case I won't be friends with him much longer. (but not because he's gay before you get all crazy)

None of that logically follows or is necessitated. It MIGHT lead to more openly gay people, but that in no way means there will be MORE gay relationships.
    more gay people will mean you have more choices of partner to find and you are more likely to find a sexual partner.

Only, it doesn't - as research very clearly shows. :rolleyes: You have no idea how it's supposed to work or what it actually does, so stop pretending you do.
    It does work. It forces people to physically hate a certain action and it means they don't act on it. I know.

The great part about this? It's going to his the Supreme Court sooner or later, so it doesn't really matter what they think. And in fact, you'll see that Obama is not against it; both Clinton's are strongly for it; Jimmy Carter is strongly for it. Oh look, we have huge, widely respected, political figures on our side
    I hope not, because otherwise they may overrule the states on this matter - which would be sickening.

Nope - you just have an innate double standard. Good job sexualizing people :mad:
    Not really, it's just my own sexual impulses.

Not really - maybe I don't know much history, psychology, geography etc. but i'm not ignorant mathematically or technologically.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    You may or may not actually have that right. Besides I doubt you would ask a heterosexual couple to stop. It would be nice if you were more decent and just didn't ask in the first place and not be so hypocritical.

That still doesn't matter. Because it's not legally up to popular vote. What part of that aren't you understanding? :confused:

Ok I know you don't understand logic but really?? By this same logic Heterosexual couples ONLY interact with people of the opposite sex. Is that true? No. Neither is saying the homosexuals only interact with their own sex. In fact the stereotype seems to be that homosexuals generally have more friends of the opposite gender.

Right and long-term committed relationships LOWER the chances of people contracting HIV. Way to follow the argument.

That might be the case for YOU but that is not the case for all people. You clearly don't know anything about the subject. Are you really so naive to claim that only a man can rape another man? A woman can wear a strap on. And there are women who are stronger than men. Like I said. Unsubstantiated claim. Completely illogical and contracted by science again. Like every other claim you make.

"Helping." Remind me how harming a child in any case is helping them? Never? That's what I thought too. So yea. Are you harming them? Yes. By all psychological standards and probably physical ones (you want to electrocute/drug them, which constitutes as physical harm). So yea...your child = gone.

You think there is no problem in A Clockwork Orange? Really? You do realize that by all standards that world is a dystopia right?

Well anyway, what is ECT used to treat? No mental disorders. Because its not a therapy. Its a conditioning technique. And again all science shows that it doesn't work. It doesn't change the sexual orientation. All it does is suppress urges to act on them. I'm assuming you are using yourself as 'proof' it does work? Well in your case nothing was changed either. All your therapy did was suppress your desires because you fear punishment/pain for having them (you have learned that is the consequence).

It doesn't matter. It doesn't change that you have no right to stop him. And no right to use hateful speech because he didn't stop like you asked (which he didn't have to).

[QUOTE]I'm not the only republican with my views and actually the vast majority of the presidential candidates all agree that gay marriage is wrong.[QUOTE]

True. And none of them can back up their views either. Santorum uses his religion. That's unconstitutional. He is not allowed to make laws "respecting any religion" that includes his own. That means that is an invalid basis for the law. Romney will flip on this issue because he'll become unpopular otherwise so his opinion is irrelevant. Gingrich is a moron and like you has no idea what to say on the topic. And then there's Paul who will only say that it is up to the states. Which is still wrong because the federal government recognizes marriage which makes it a federal institution. So glad you are following the morons who want to lead our country and social values against what our constitution says.

Your just a hypocrite. Thats old news.

So because is scares and grosses you out it automatically harms everyone? That's what you are claiming?? And you claim not be pompous and have delusions of self-importance.

What reasons have you provided? I haven't seen any.

That doesn't change anything. And I didn't realize making someone physically sick was helping them. :confused: You really have a messed up view of help if thats what you believe.

The damages that you still haven't made clear. And that you are so sure of because...you said so? That seems to be the only reasons you can give...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 2, 2012
New on TSR

So how did you do?

Come into the GCSE forum to share your grades

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.