The Student Room Group

He strangled me during sex?

I think this is better posted here

I was with my boyfriend, ive been with him for 6 months, he is the first person ive ever had a proper sexual relationship with so I am not very experienced at all, it still hurts quite a bit sometimes so I suppose I dont really enjoy it yet, but I heard it takes a while to get use too it.

He was on top of me when half way through he put his hand on my mouth although i was making no noise what so ever, then with his other hand he held the top of my neck and pressed on it, I had no idea this was a 'fetish' and it terrified me as I had no idea what he was doing. I wriggled out and asked and he said all his other girlfriends have loved it,

Im really confused as too what this is, am I supposed to enjoy it whats wrong with just having sex why do you have to make somebody feel like they cant breath?
Some people are into it, some aren't.
He shouldn't have just gone for it without some sort of indication that you'd like it first.
Don't freak out too much about it, just make sure he understands you don't like that kind of thing and that he shouldn't do it again.

P.s. Whatever you do, don't feel like you "should" be into it, just because his ex girlfriends were
Reply 2
It's called erotic asphyxiation.
its true that some people like it.

However to do something so risky (note the word risky not risque) without prior consultation to some so very inexperianced is at best rude at worst idiotic,
Reply 4
Some people like it, my boyfriend does it sometimes. He believes it makes ME feel better during sex, though it doesn't, he seem to actually enjoy it, so I just let him do it. Sometimes I have to stop him though when I cannot breathe for too long, he seems to forget I'm a real person sometimes. Anyway, If you don't feel comfortable though then just tell him.
I love it. He probably thought you'd love it.

Just tell him you don't love it and move on :]
Original post by Anonymous
I think this is better posted here

I was with my boyfriend, ive been with him for 6 months, he is the first person ive ever had a proper sexual relationship with so I am not very experienced at all, it still hurts quite a bit sometimes so I suppose I dont really enjoy it yet, but I heard it takes a while to get use too it.

He was on top of me when half way through he put his hand on my mouth although i was making no noise what so ever, then with his other hand he held the top of my neck and pressed on it, I had no idea this was a 'fetish' and it terrified me as I had no idea what he was doing. I wriggled out and asked and he said all his other girlfriends have loved it,

Im really confused as too what this is, am I supposed to enjoy it whats wrong with just having sex why do you have to make somebody feel like they cant breath?

My boyfriend also did this to me, after a year together. I freaked out - I was forcibly raped by an ex boyfriend a few years ago, which he knew about beforehand. He told me he'd put his hands gently on my neck before and I never stopped him. He told me that his ex girlfriends had enjoyed it. I know it is a common fetish, I know that lots of women like being dominated and lots of men like to dominate, but I HATED it, so I told him. He went really quiet and sulked with me, but he's never tried it since. I've still had a hard time dealing with the fact that he did it, though. Telling him you don't like it is probably the best way to go. I sincerely doubt he wanted to do something you'd hate, he just thought you'd get off on it.
haha i love it :tongue:

yeah like everyone else says, just tell him to try something else

also, this is just me, but i dont think sex is supposed to hurt for a few months :/ (i didnt hurt at all, not even my first time) so maybe go to the doctors/clinic if it persists?
xx
I still hurt sometimes and i've had sex for a while now, it does get better though. Tell him, he needs to know, if you don't he might think it's ok to do it again. Xx
Reply 9
beginning of a serial killer haha

Quick Reply

Latest