The Student Room Group

Amsterdam University (UVA) Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hello Amsterdamners!
I got my responce from UvA regarding the maths exam on Tuesday, only got 5.6 so annoying close but not quite there. Fortunately they "reviewed my file" and invited me for an interview which is coming up this wekk. Has anyone else had a n interview with UvA? What can I expect?
Reply 41
An official facebook group would be great, we could discuss important matters with people who have same interests and also stalk our peers :rolleyes: So someone should really create it and spread the word, we would help :biggrin:. I would do that myself, but i have exams now

Congratulations on your acceptance jbb :smile:

And congratulations on your interview invitation Oskar, fortunately i was admitted without interview, so i have no idea how it goes, but in general i think, though i might be wrong, that they will ask about your motivation to study at UvA and about your interest in the subject.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 42
Hey Steve,

Aye, I'm sure you've already checked that video on the faculty website (the one with the 'funky' music) which outlines the procedure from the view of the students.

The girl says it's no problem if you have a good motivation letter. It should be conducted on Skype too so check out some tips for that- Lighting, what to wear, looking at the camera not the screen etc.

I realize that's not much help. I had until recently been preparing for the interview but got my acceptance confirmed the other day which, again, isn't helping you much.

Let us know how it goes mate!
Reply 43
Just wanted to bump this and remind that we DO very much need a facebook group for those who have been admitted to study Bsc Economics and Business for 2012-2015, so someone please create it and spread the word :smile: ( i would do that myself, but as i mentioned i have to study for exams at the moment )
Reply 44
Heeey,

Oskar, a friend of mine had this interview last year and he told me that it wasnt a big deal. He talked to a professor for like 30 mins. The whole thing is about your motivation (as Steve mentioned above), how much you want this and WHY you have chosen this uni, this course etc... What your future plan is, what you do in your spare time and so on... Roughly everything you wrote in your motivation letter, but here you have the chance to perform it:smile: Just take it easy and be honest.
wish you all the best, but Im sure it's gonna be fine!

As for the facebook group, I created one. I am not genius at Facebook, but in principal you can find it here: http://www.facebook.com/groups/427209747299900/members/
Its name is UvA Bsc in Economics and Business: 2012-2015
No idea how to add you guys though.. maybe you just join?! Scream if its not working..
(edited 11 years ago)
hey does anyone know whether amsterdam university provides dentistry or medicine in english?
Reply 46
Lolesz13, great that you created the group:smile:. But maybe we should the full name of the university in the name of the group and not only the abbreviation, University of Amsterdam (UvA) Bsc Economics and Business 2012-2015 ?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 47
Sure sure thats all good! I think anyone can modify whatever you guys want, I didnt really fill in any descriptions because I got my whole leaving exam procedure ahead of myself. So just feel free to decorate it as you want:smile:
But have u guys checked if it allows you to join?
Reply 48
When i pressed join the group button, it said request sent, so i guess it allows you to join, but you or other people in the group need to verify the request first :smile:
Reply 49
heeeeeelp please!
Reply 50
Original post by lolesz13
heeeeeelp please!

Help you with what ? =)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 51
Any others accepted their place yet?
Reply 52
Hey there!

I was wondering whether you all are Dutch nationals?

I was considering also going to Holland to study there, however I was really confused on their university courses and structures. Also, (correct me if I'm wrong) they do not have a lot of undergraduate courses in english.
Reply 53
Hi, I was wondering how long it took for people to get the results from the test, I did mine 2 weeks ago? thanks
Reply 54
Ah never mind, I received my results today, got a 6.5, so they say they'll continue the application process :smile:, good luck to everybody else
Reply 55
Hi you lot seem to have done this a long while ago so you know more than me, I passed the maths exam about a month ago now and received a reply saying I have passed and they will proceed with my application, I am just wondering does that mean I have got in? Or does that mean I have to still meet certain criteria? Or am I just over thinking it and they will email me about it all soon?
Thanks for the help
Reply 56
Original post by JamieMarsh
Hi you lot seem to have done this a long while ago so you know more than me, I passed the maths exam about a month ago now and received a reply saying I have passed and they will proceed with my application, I am just wondering does that mean I have got in? Or does that mean I have to still meet certain criteria? Or am I just over thinking it and they will email me about it all soon?
Thanks for the help

I guess that what you meant to say was that you took the maths exam a month ago and have just received an email from them saying that you passed. In that case, you will receive (a positive) email from them shortly. Three days after I received my exam results, they sent me an email of acceptance.
Original post by silence18
I guess that what you meant to say was that you took the maths exam a month ago and have just received an email from them saying that you passed.

Is that not what he said "I passed the maths exam about a month ago now and received a reply saying I have passed and they will proceed with my application"
But yes I have the same problem it has been 8 days now since I have received the email informing me I have passed and have heard no reply since? Has anyone else had this I'm just starting to worry?
Reply 58
Well I received the email saying I passed on the 6th of June so that's not really the case it has been almost 2 weeks, Has anyone had to wait a long time until their acceptance email or should I contact them?
Thanks
Reply 59
Hi I want to do the bachelor economics and business degree next year at university of Amsterdam , I wanted to know where to get practise papers for the Maths test ??????? X

Quick Reply

Latest