The Student Room Group

Super Study Easter - A Trial Study Week: 40-50+ Hours a Week!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Not done what I wanted to but I'm just going to have to switch to another module because I'm getting nowhere fast.
Day 3 and I've so far done 16 hours in the past couple of days.
Reply 62
I have an 8000 word essay and a 6 hour exams, both for under 4 weeks.

I'm screwed to the extreme. :frown:
Really want to get my study hat on and be part of this.
Reply 63
500/3500. Still haven't managed to time myself, I guess at what I've done.
First day, done 4 1/2 hours and I'm going to be honest, that's been a struggle. I doubt I'll get more done today but I'm aiming for 6 hours tomorrow. I only got up at 12:30 today so this may be the reason for my failure (also no chocolate or coffee! :frown: )
Managed 4 hours today, aiming to break this "continuous time spent studying in 2012" record tomorrow!
Over the last 3 days, I have spent 36 hours doing lab reports. I am around 2 hours away from finishing them!
Original post by Loz17
Over the last 3 days, I have spent 36 hours doing lab reports. I am around 2 hours away from finishing them!

:adore:
So after I've about 25 hours. Aim to get 10 hours done today
Started yesterday: Done 13 hours so far
I'm going to try doing 10 hours tomorrow
I've managed a pitiful 12hours so far this week :getmecoat:
Reply 71
As of Saturday, I start timing revision. Most of tomorrow will be spent on my essay.
Just a question for third years doing their dissertation: because you've left it so late is it really affecting your revision time, and possibly your final exam grades? - I'm not having a dig at any of you, just asking out of genuine interest before I go into third year myself.
I'm in. Dissertation and 4 exams.

Original post by Waterstorm
Just a question for third years doing their dissertation: because you've left it so late is it really affecting your revision time, and possibly your final exam grades? - I'm not having a dig at any of you, just asking out of genuine interest before I go into third year myself.

Doing a diss this late isn't always deliberate - I intended to have all my data collected by Christmas, and then by February, and I finally got it all on Wednesday. Stuff you can't influence gets in the way, like when people have time to train you to do things, and when certain equipment is available.

And yes, it will affect my revision, cos that won't get started properly until the diss is handed in, 17 days before my first exam.
Least productive day. Going to try and be more productive tomorrow (library is actually open :tongue: )
I'm in this too (started yesterday). So far I've done 10 hours, hoping to get 35-40 hours done by the end of this week, and then 50-60h/week for the next two weeks.
This is going to be fun

Exam 1: Wildlife Conservation = Optimal hours to revise 25 Currently completed 6
Exam 2: Pathogenic Microbial = Optimal hours to revise 25 Currently completed 0

Monday 6 hours for PM exam. 6 for Wildlife
Tuesday 4 hours each (Half day due to Viva)
Wednesday 5 hours each (Half day due to Tutor meeting/Completing of coursework)
Thursday 6 hours each
Friday 6 hours each
Saturday 10hrs for exam 1
Sunday 10hrs for exam 2
Monday - Out
Tuesday 5 hours for exam 1/Exam day!
Wednesday 10hrs for exam 2
Thursday 10hrs hrs for exam 2
Friday Exam AM

If i can stick to it I can get in enough hours to get a decent grade.
I have done so many hours of revision, it's beyond ridiculous :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending