Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

9 year old girl gives birth in china....

Announcements Posted on
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    This story is two years old...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Regardless of how old it is, it is still an awful thing to have happened.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    For God's sake, I read the title as 'a year old girl'. In my head I was like "WHAAAAA????".

Still, this is pretty disgusting.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is the daily mail people.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    This story is two years old...
    huh?! it was posted in yahoo 3 days ago
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    Poor girl!

Girls are growing up a lot earlier these days, and as a parent it worries me that there are some mums who will not tell their 9/10 yr old daughters anything!!.I used to be friends with such a woman, really annoyed me.My mum told me everything that I needed to know so that when I began my periods, they were'nt a shock to me.
    Same here! it's the best way
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    GOOD GOD!!! :afraid:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ButterflyBell)
    Apparently she started menstruating at 12 months old..... 0.o I'm hoping there's a science genius student person to shine a light on the situation.

(Original post by The Rainbow Man)
    It shouldn't be possible... they haven't even reached puberty yet... not that it's a good thing that they have obviously had sexual contact either. Both things are bad. Very bad. This is why I am dissapointed in the world today.
    I'm no science genius, but it is indeed perfectly possible for the above situations to occur. Very early puberty is in fact documented in girls as young as seven years old and is a result of high amounts of estrogen flowing around. This could be as a result of diets (such as hormone-laden meat etc) and/or genes etc.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alphaman)
    I'm no science genius, but it is indeed perfectly possible for the above situations to occur. Very early puberty is in fact documented in girls as young as seven years old and is a result of high amounts of estrogen flowing around. This could be as a result of diets (such as hormone-laden meat etc) and/or genes etc.
    Wow...
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've read about the 5 year old, Lina, before. Apparently she got her first period when she was 8 months old and was having them regularly by the time she was 3 years. She also developed breasts by the time she was 4 and when she had her c-section they found that her sexual organs were fully developed. They originally arrested her father as well as they thought he'd raped her, but they let him go because they didn't have enough evidence to support it. She's never told anyone who actually fathered her child, and a lot of people doubt that she even knows or remembers. It is a very sad story, and unfortunately it seems that most of the girls who have become mothers at a very young age (i.e. under the age of 10) is the result of them being raped by a family member.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smoosh)
    I've read about the 5 year old, Lina, before. Apparently she got her first period when she was 8 months old and was having them regularly by the time she was 3 years. She also developed breasts by the time she was 4 and when she had her c-section they found that her sexual organs were fully developed. They originally arrested her father as well as they thought he'd raped her, but they let him go because they didn't have enough evidence to support it. She's never told anyone who actually fathered her child, and a lot of people doubt that she even knows or remembers. It is a very sad story, and unfortunately it seems that most of the girls who have become mothers at a very young age (i.e. under the age of 10) is the result of them being raped by a family member.
    Such a shame they didn't have DNA testing in those days.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hang on, have you seen the date on the article it says 2010....
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    huh?! it was posted in yahoo 3 days ago
    The article says 2010, and I remember seeing this story a while back. If it came up on your FB news feed then it should be noted that it's notorious for dragging up old stories - I've found some there from the mid 90s.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    The article says 2010, and I remember seeing this story a while back. If it came up on your FB news feed then it should be noted that it's notorious for dragging up old stories - I've found some there from the mid 90s.
    Oh heck, Now I didn't realise that! .... That said, I didn't post it for the time it happened, just purely for the story itself
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackieL)
    1. The story is old.

2. The Daily Fail has incorrectly stated that she was the youngest birth Mother. there have been younger girls, as young as 5 and 6, in the past who have given birth.
    :erm: No it doesn't, it even features the five year old mother...
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do you like posting old news articles?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Same here! it's the best way
    And I'd do the same if I had daughters.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    Do you like posting old news articles?
    Do you like asking questions that have already been explained in earlier posts?
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do you like asking questions that have already been explained in earlier posts?
    Meh, I hadn't seen that when I posted.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    Meh, I hadn't seen that when I posted.
    I thought that would have been the case

Cool avatar btw x

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 26, 2012
New on TSR

Student crowdfunds degree

Graduate raises £26,000 online for Masters course

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.