The Student Room Group

Post a pic of your car

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iLoveApple
Nice car, thinking of buying one myself. Do you mind me asking why 'probably not for long'? Is there anything wrong with the car?

Hi thanks, No its a brilliant car it really is I believe it to be much more stylish than a mk4 VW golf on which its based and much cheaper. Its just im not getting the use out of it to be honest I only do around 50 miles a week if that and seems pointless having such a good/practical car which is not getting much use. Im also into my classic cars so its not really my cup of tea, I only bought it as I got a very good deal. Its been faultless, its only a 1.4 but pulls really well and as mine is the very last of the Mk1 Leons it as all the extras e/w all round, AC, Foglights etc. I would definatly recommend one. I couple of things to watch out for, make sure the cambelts been done as its a dual belt type and is quite tricky to do so costs around £300-£400 probably more from SEAT. All the engines are VW so German reliablity.
Reply 221
540191_3821970672821_1560129978_n.jpeg

Hot stuff.
Reply 222
Just realised that despite all my postings, I haven't actually posted a photo of my car. Here you go :smile:

1998 BMW 328i SE, it is fantastic :biggrin:
Reply 223
On the immediate right, I'm using this. It's a WW2 General Motors armoured personnel carrier. It (was) my dads vintage military vehicle, and it now belongs to me and show it at rallies :auto::^_^:
I also own a boring Astra....

Currently being restored, so it's in many, many pieces.
Reply 225
Near the top of the Furka pass, of Goldfinger fame, in Switzerland.

The drive down the other side of the pass involved actually driving through the clouds:

That guy in the pink t shirt isn't me btw
Reply 226
I've just bought this...

'56 Ford 103E 'Popular'
2 former keepers, 37,000 miles from new and basically unrestored.
It ain't quick, but it's certainly different!

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 227
Original post by persov
Near the top of the Furka pass, of Goldfinger fame, in Switzerland.

The drive down the other side of the pass involved actually driving through the clouds:

That guy in the pink t shirt isn't me btw

I like that, a lot :biggrin:

Looks a fantastic trip too, when did you do that?
Reply 228
Original post by 1992LP
I like that, a lot :biggrin:

Looks a fantastic trip too, when did you do that?

July/August last summer. About 2 weeks after I bought the car. Did France, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, France and Home.

Noticied a bit of a drop in power high up in the alps, especially noticable on the climbs. But lower down in France the mountain roads were a real blast, was keeping up with a 911 no problem. Now I wanna go back with something a bit sportier, mx-5 maybe.

1.4tdi
£30 a year to tax
62mpg (In reality, 55).

However, going to view a French piece of crap on Monday, and if it's good I'll buy that.
For what it's worth too, a 630i is not a "drivers" car. It's a nice car (if you do actually own one), granted, but it's not a B road warrior, or a track queen, or even that great at handling. It's a grand tourer.

An M3, however is.

If I had an MX5 and a 630i in my garage, I know which one I'd be picking to take on a nice drive throug the lakes, or Peaks etc, and it aint the 630......
Original post by Friggerpants
For what it's worth too, a 630i is not a "drivers" car. It's a nice car (if you do actually own one), granted, but it's not a B road warrior, or a track queen, or even that great at handling. It's a grand tourer.

An M3, however is.

If I had an MX5 and a 630i in my garage, I know which one I'd be picking to take on a nice drive throug the lakes, or Peaks etc, and it aint the 630......

Just out of interest, have you actually driven one?

I mean within 6-series itself, lots of variation. You get normal one, then a sport one, then normal one with dynamic drive, then the sport one with dynamic drive,...

I'm not saying i disagree with you, just wondering if you'd actually driven one!
Original post by sunnydude959
Just out of interest, have you actually driven one?

I mean within 6-series itself, lots of variation. You get normal one, then a sport one, then normal one with dynamic drive, then the sport one with dynamic drive,...

I'm not saying i disagree with you, just wondering if you'd actually driven one!

Not a 630i, driven a 635d, 335d, 530d, 120i and been out in a drug dealer spec 645ci.

I'll maintain that I would rather be driving something a bit lighter, (Old E30, prehaps), or something a bit sportier E36/46/92 M3 on a track/up some really nice driving road, rather than a 630i.
Reply 233
Not a 630i, driven a 635d, 335d, 530d, 120i and been out in a drug dealer spec 645ci.

I'll maintain that I would rather be driving something a bit lighter, (Old E30, prehaps), or something a bit sportier E36/46/92 M3 on a track/up some really nice driving road, rather than a 630i.

Aye for sure, the 6 series is a GT, not a drivers car. In fact, I am not sure any BMW other than the M Series are drivers car, every one I have driven seems to have hard suspension but without a clue on damping or progression. It is just hard all the time and worst of all, crashy.

The M series cars are much better, but the boggo BMWs? There are much better drivers cars out there.
annoyingly no photos of the new motar yet, but my xr8:

Fair enough. Not driven an M car myself, so can't comment on the 'M' cars.

6-series felt sporty to me, but I am a big softie and lightweight......
as in I'm a 'lightweight' as opposed to my actual body weight (which is rather heavy)
Put a deposit on this today:
Same color, with ti exhaust, cage, R888's, climate control and folding mirrors.

It's not as fast as my old Skoda in a straight line, however it's mad around roundabouts!

It's not as fast as my old Skoda in a straight line, however it's mad around roundabouts!

Nice car, corners are where the real fun is anyway!
Reply 239

is that a full Ti exhaust? Is it going to be a daily? Be VERY careful with it, check out my pictures of my Ti exhaust in the Modified car thread, Ti is great, but its not the best for an exhaust material IMO. Costs a bloody fortune to fix and Ti welders are as rare as hens teeth.

If it is just the back boxs you will be fine, if it is like the whole exhaust like my car, then be careful. Nice car though! Strange that you have a roll cage, R888s, but then heavy air conditioning and electric mirrors. Kind of a contradiction in terms. But anyhow, cool :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest