The Student Room Group

Post a pic of your car

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Reply 101
Original post by TheBritishBloke
How on earth is it chav?

its jidt looks like typical chav tweaking, and i hope every self respecting car manufacturer will stop using LED soon.
Not a student anymore, but I'll post anyway.

E92 330CiA, tan leather, aluminium trim

Halbfront_2_anon_small.jpg
Original post by Danen
its jidt looks like typical chav tweaking, and i hope every self respecting car manufacturer will stop using LED soon.

Where's your evidence to support this? Every major manufacturer is moving to LED's for their lighting as it's more energy efficient and makes it look like a premium product.

I've never seen a "chav" with LED's on their car; the closest I've seen is when people put neon lights under their car.
Reply 104
Original post by TheBritishBloke
Where's your evidence to support this? Every major manufacturer is moving to LED's for their lighting as it's more energy efficient and makes it look like a premium product.

I've never seen a "chav" with LED's on their car; the closest I've seen is when people put neon lights under their car.

there is no evidence. its just an opinion.
Original post by Danen

Nope they wont be disappearing any time soon. In fact all new cars manufactured since February 2011 are required to have them by law. Buses and trucks will follow in August 2012 http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/safety/daytime-running-lights.html
Reply 106
LED's also last longer. Less chance of bulbs suddenly stopping working. The amount of cars I see with only one light, or one or no brake lights, is a joke.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Ice Constricter
Car I'm hoping to get.

Where do you live... I may have to come steal your spoiler:colone:. My astra doesn't have one :frown:
My Duuuub (golf 1.4)
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by jaydeedonuts
My Duuuub (golf 1.4)

Good job on the wheel spacing, I've been wanting to get my car to sit better for some time but haven't thrown the money at it; I also want new wheels...
Reply 110
Original post by JC.
I only have three now - we sold our '77 Triumph Stag earlier in the week. Although, likely to replace it with either an MGC GT or a Triumph GT6 MK3?

Out of curiosity, do those cars have seatbelts? :confused:
Original post by Kage
LED's also last longer. Less chance of bulbs suddenly stopping working. The amount of cars I see with only one light, or one or no break lights, is a joke.

No wonder you can't see them if they're broken
Reply 112
Original post by gurkin123
No wonder you can't see them if they're broken

brake lights. Whatever dude
Original post by iwantcheese5
Good job on the wheel spacing, I've been wanting to get my car to sit better for some time but haven't thrown the money at it; I also want new wheels...

I hated seeing the wheels tucked in, i got some 20mm hubcentrics for the rear for £40 of ebay, still not happy, wanted a bit of poke but i rub sometimes as it is.
I too want new wheels or a refurb in a different colour.

Do you own the mazda, if so, i say coilovers and rear spacers and it'll literally be sat on the floor, stance would be perfect! I'm saving for air for my next car.
Original post by jaydeedonuts
I hated seeing the wheels tucked in, i got some 20mm hubcentrics for the rear for £40 of ebay, still not happy, wanted a bit of poke but i rub sometimes as it is.
I too want new wheels or a refurb in a different colour.

Do you own the mazda, if so, i say coilovers and rear spacers and it'll literally be sat on the floor, stance would be perfect! I'm saving for air for my next car.

Yea, I own the Mazda; I've been thinking about coilovers for a while but it would feel wrong to put anything less than good quality ones on there and they aren't cheap...as for spacers I thought I'd just get wheels with the offset I'm after instead. Some nice dished wheels I think, maybe some Work Meister S1 with some KW Variant 3 coilovers.
Reply 115
KW V3 are very good.

But you can get Meister R which are as good for £660 delivered from here:-

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/884519-meister-r-coilover-offer/

I would do it to my car, but I live on an unmade up road so lowering it any further and I will be smashing the front splitter on the road all the time then, rather than some of the time!

I'm after some Enkei RPF1s for the S2k, or Mugen MF10, but they are super rare and very hard to get hold of!
Original post by Arron17
Where do you live... I may have to come steal your spoiler:colone:. My astra doesn't have one :frown:

London.

I'll be waiting :colone:
Reply 117
Original post by maVie
Out of curiosity, do those cars have seatbelts? :confused:

Everything built after '66 needs seatbelts fitted to the front. Rear seatbelts are a legal requirement from around 1982 ish???
I used to have a '66 MGB Roadster that didn't have them, though.
Reply 118
Not my whole car, but one corner :smile:. Amazing what boredom on a bank holiday can do to you. Polished and two coats of wax on each one. Should make cleaning in the future much easier - no more brake dust fusing!

Reply 119
Original post by Wak0zak0
IMG00009-20110607-1537.jpg

My pride.

I assume daddy got you this :rolleyes:

Edit: Way to go with the neg reps!!!!! :cool:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest