The Student Room Group

Post a pic of your car

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jellybeany
I only have a ka :frown: but its my car so i love it!! :smile:

Feel quite poor now but id love a seat leon or a mini :smile:

Snap! :smile: mine's red with black bumpers so I'm kitting it out with ladybird accessories lol. I'm still a learner though :frown: test next month :s-smilie:
Reply 161
Original post by iwantcheese5

Original post by JC.
'75 MGB GT Factory V8: Car number 2358 of 2591

Original post by gbduo

Just quoting these pictures to get back on-topic, as the last 3 pages of the thread have been absolutely pointless. Let the dude drive his 6-Series, if he's content with a 3.0 producing 254bhp, leave him to it. Everyone is always going to have opinions on other cars - I don't like everything about the cars I quoted, but they're still stunning and I'm sure the guys who own them don't give a **** what other people think.

Enjoy the car you drive, that's all that matters.
Not to try and get the argument going again but Badboy (or whatever the name was): which Civic Type-R is it; EK9, EP3 or FN2? I was lusting over the JDM EP3 last night, really like the look of them especially the Japanese ones which have shorter gearing and an LSD. Shame they cost ~£8,000 which is S2000 and Integra Type-R money! They'll still be top of the list if I'm ever after a hot hatch though.
Reply 163
Original post by JC.

Spoiler

That second MGB is so :drool: Dads owned several MGB's (his favourite being convertible with hard top roof and soft top, think that was the Roadster, not his GT) and they've always been one of his favourite cars he's owned, alongside his Jaguar XJRs, He's always wanted a Jaguar E-Type with a V12 though...

Personally would love to own a Porsche 924...

To Mr Negger; what on earth did you find annoying in this post!?
(edited 12 years ago)
If you ever plan to mod' it I recommend looking into fitting a 325 inlet manifold, apparently it gives a decent performance boost on the 328. Team that up with a cold air intake and a properly designed exhaust and you could have yourself a really nice engine set-up.

I've got an M50 manifold & all the various hoses sat on my bedroom floor at the moment :biggrin: In typical 328 fashion the head gasket has blown up, so going to fit the new manifold on after I've rebuilt the top end. I'm also going to need a remap to get the most of it, but it will be sweet when it's done.

Seeing as I have to take the head of the engine apart, I've been looking into fitting S52 camshafts from an M3, shame they are about £300-400 though!
Not to try and get the argument going again but Badboy (or whatever the name was): which Civic Type-R is it; EK9, EP3 or FN2? I was lusting over the JDM EP3 last night, really like the look of them especially the Japanese ones which have shorter gearing and an LSD. Shame they cost ~£8,000 which is S2000 and Integra Type-R money! They'll still be top of the list if I'm ever after a hot hatch though.

Have you changed the Mazda? I remember seeing something about some other car on Facebook !
also, there seems to be a lot of discussion about the BMW 6-series.

A lot of people question the styling, but I think its fantastic. It somewhat captures that GT-like styling, separating itself somewhat from the Mercedes SL, and the rather more hardcore Porsche 911, whilst not being a 2-door fluffy carpet like Mercedes CL.

I recently had one, sport model, and it had a 3-liter twin turbo diesel engine, which was absolutely fantastic. It gave brilliant MPG whilst giving you that throw-you-back-in-your-seat effect, thanks to its 580Nm torque which kicks in at a rather early 1750rpm (is it sad that I remember all these figures?!)

I have driven a BMW 3-series coupe before (325d M-sport) but it feels a bit more harder... not to my taste.

Don't get me started on the 1-series....
Reply 167

The ep3 is so much easier to drive fast though being fwd against the twitchy and less than confidence inspiring s2k rear end. But then again, when you get it right in the S you know it was all you. Shame you can only do that on the track.

In short, get a ep3, more fun day to day, more accessible power, easier to find a goodun and cheaper to run as well.
Original post by sunnydude959
Have you changed the Mazda? I remember seeing something about some other car on Facebook !

Nope, still got the rex, I was just reminiscing about my old 300ZX the other day, it was a beast of a car...

Original post by sunnydude959
also, there seems to be a lot of discussion about the BMW 6-series.

A lot of people question the styling, but I think its fantastic. It somewhat captures that GT-like styling, separating itself somewhat from the Mercedes SL, and the rather more hardcore Porsche 911, whilst not being a 2-door fluffy carpet like Mercedes CL.

I recently had one, sport model, and it had a 3-liter twin turbo diesel engine, which was absolutely fantastic. It gave brilliant MPG whilst giving you that throw-you-back-in-your-seat effect, thanks to its 580Nm torque which kicks in at a rather early 1750rpm (is it sad that I remember all these figures?!)

I have driven a BMW 3-series coupe before (325d M-sport) but it feels a bit more harder... not to my taste.

Don't get me started on the 1-series....

The problem with the 6 series is that's it's just not that sporty, as other people have said, it's powerful alright but not the best round a corner.

Original post by gbduo
The ep3 is so much easier to drive fast though being fwd against the twitchy and less than confidence inspiring s2k rear end. But then again, when you get it right in the S you know it was all you. Shame you can only do that on the track.

In short, get a ep3, more fun day to day, more accessible power, easier to find a goodun and cheaper to run as well.

I kind of thought that might be the case, but the fact the S2000 is a convertible is a big plus in my books. If I got the EP3 I'd only want the JDM version with the LSD and shorter ratios and in sexy Championship White but you pay a MASSIVE premium for them.
Reply 169
Original post by kog
That second MGB is so :drool: Dads owned several MGB's (his favourite being convertible with hard top roof and soft top, think that was the Roadster, not his GT) and they've always been one of his favourite cars he's owned, alongside his Jaguar XJRs, He's always wanted a Jaguar E-Type with a V12 though...

Personally would love to own a Porsche 924...

Cheers for the kind words! :smile: Not owned a 924 myself - had a couple of 944's and a 911, though?

Few more pics of the red V8 if you're interested?

It's only got 38k on the clock from new, so it's pretty clean for a 'B let alone a factory V8?
I've tried to modify it in a 70's style. Although, I stopped short of a fur interior and a fog light mounted on the axle!
It's a long term work in progress really. Not to everyone's taste for sure, but I only set out to amuse myself in the first place.

I've got a Hilborne bug catcher scoop to go on when I can find a suitable bonnet to cut a hole in to clear the scoop and I'm currently on the look out for some 70's style rear window louvres.
The ultimate goal would be to have a great big GMC supercharger poking through the bonnet, but that'll have to wait until I've got a spare 3 grand to throw at the car so it won't be happening this year

Reply 170

I kind of thought that might be the case, but the fact the S2000 is a convertible is a big plus in my books. If I got the EP3 I'd only want the JDM version with the LSD and shorter ratios and in sexy Championship White but you pay a MASSIVE premium for them.

Yeh, I mean don't get me wrong, the S2k is no lay about and is faster on paper than the ep3, but you only have to be mediocre to drive a ep3 fast, you have to have pretty adept driving skills to drive the S2k at the same pace as an ep3 on the public roads through B roads. Largely because the roads are **** and full of pot holes just waiting there to bump steer you of the roads. This is easily (but expensively) solved with J's or Cusco anti roll bars front and rear though...and a good geometry setup!

Yep you do! But try a UKDM one, you might be surprised. I have never driven a JDM EP3, but the UKDM EP3 really impressed me. It certainly felt faster than the S2k, even though it probably wasn't.

But yeh, the soft top is good in the summer and on those bright winter days! Just gotta look after it and be sure to check for rips just above the bodywork behind the door and immediately above the drivers shoulder.

The S2k is also much rarer than a EP3 and driven by true petrolheads.
BARNEYYY.jpg

meet Barney, my 1 litre R reg Polo
Original post by gbduo
Yeh, I mean don't get me wrong, the S2k is no lay about and is faster on paper than the ep3, but you only have to be mediocre to drive a ep3 fast, you have to have pretty adept driving skills to drive the S2k at the same pace as an ep3 on the public roads through B roads. Largely because the roads are **** and full of pot holes just waiting there to bump steer you of the roads. This is easily (but expensively) solved with J's or Cusco anti roll bars front and rear though...and a good geometry setup!

Yep you do! But try a UKDM one, you might be surprised. I have never driven a JDM EP3, but the UKDM EP3 really impressed me. It certainly felt faster than the S2k, even though it probably wasn't.

But yeh, the soft top is good in the summer and on those bright winter days! Just gotta look after it and be sure to check for rips just above the bodywork behind the door and immediately above the drivers shoulder.

The S2k is also much rarer than a EP3 and driven by true petrolheads.

If I could get hold of a DC5 'teg I'd be quite tempted, although I could see myself still picking the EP3 over it.
Reply 174
If I could get hold of a DC5 'teg I'd be quite tempted, although I could see myself still picking the EP3 over it.

Get a grip man! DC2!!! :tongue: :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by gbduo
Get a grip man! DC2!!! :tongue: :biggrin:

Don't really like the look of the DC2 to be honest. I really do have a hankering for a VTEC engine...
Reply 176
Ah fair, yeh they are a bit marmite in their looks but then the dc2 was a classic as it was the first teg type r, and apparently the best fwd handling car ever. Definitely need a go in one before I die, haha!

Vtec just kicked in, yo.
Original post by gbduo

The boyfriend really wants one of these but I won't let him (we can't afford it) :frown:

Alas I have no car, as I can't drive yet :frown:
Reply 178
Original post by snowyowl
The boyfriend really wants one of these but I won't let him (we can't afford it) :frown:

Alas I have no car, as I can't drive yet :frown:

Aww, bugger!

But as I said above, the previous civic type r, the ep3 is easier to drive than the s2k so unless you really want the rag top and a rwd sports car, I would get the type r. You still get the high revving engine, vtec, tight chassis but it is practicle, has 5 seats and a boot! Plus insurance is much cheaper as is servicing and of course purchase price used is much less now too!

Use it as a stepping stone intoba s2k, because it is a bloody good one.

Or get an mx5 or Nissan 200sx. :smile:

S2k as you say, quite expensive to run, but there are other cars out there with slightly less performance but still as much fun.

Graham
Reply 179
Original post by JC.
Cheers for the kind words! :smile: Not owned a 924 myself - had a couple of 944's and a 911, though?

Few more pics of the red V8 if you're interested?

It's only got 38k on the clock from new, so it's pretty clean for a 'B let alone a factory V8?
I've tried to modify it in a 70's style. Although, I stopped short of a fur interior and a fog light mounted on the axle!
It's a long term work in progress really. Not to everyone's taste for sure, but I only set out to amuse myself in the first place.

I've got a Hilborne bug catcher scoop to go on when I can find a suitable bonnet to cut a hole in to clear the scoop and I'm currently on the look out for some 70's style rear window louvres.
The ultimate goal would be to have a great big GMC supercharger poking through the bonnet, but that'll have to wait until I've got a spare 3 grand to throw at the car so it won't be happening this year

Damn nice car you got there,

got a guy down the road who owns a garage and his own little `classic car museum` (it's really just a barn that he's turned into a massive storage for his cars) and when he isn't repairing someone elses cars he's doing up his own, his pride and joy is his Rolls Royce Phantom (thins it's the V version or the VI, not too sure)

Isn't the Porsche 944 the more gutsy version of the 924? :O and as for the 911, if it was one of the classic carrera's, then that is one of my dream cars :biggrin:. I want a 924 because i thought i might be able to get insured on one, a the version i was looking at basically had a VW engine in it (think it was 2.0), but it wasn't too be....

Good luck with that MGB, for its age, and from the pictures, I can't see any signs of rust, It's clearly been well looked after, or well restored.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending