Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Junior Apprentice 2012 UK

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThomasJRB)
    I can confirm there are more "stages" after the 1-on-1 on the same day, although the official second "stage" candidates will be informed on the 20th and happen in May

Right, so you are saying that people who only got through to the second stage may be contacted on the 20th of april to go back in may and do the extra stages?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louhearty)
    Right, so you are saying that people who only got through to the second stage may be contacted on the 20th of april to go back in may and do the extra stages?
    No, on the day, there were multiple interviews, not everybody attended all of them, some did, some didnt, but nothing which happened on the day was the official "second stage" - there were just lots of different parts throughout that day.... i think i've made that clear now

The people who are contacted on the 20th are the successful people who evidently did well in the first audition rounds (they may have attended any number of the interview rounds, i guess.... but it's probably more likely if you attended them all - just my logic, may be wrong). I've heard the number of people who go through to this next stage are extremely scarce, so im not building up my hopes! :L

But then again, it's all very hushed up on the numbers of people who get through each stage, so we're all kept in the dark to the percentile of people through.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was an hour late for the interview but still managed to get one (in London). My only regret is talking about my pee. Not sure how much we can give away but I guess since it's already been mentioned, they told me to wait for an answer by 20th!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clickety)
    I was an hour late for the interview but still managed to get one (in London). My only regret is talking about my pee. Not sure how much we can give away but I guess since it's already been mentioned, they told me to wait for an answer by 20th!
    Talking about your pee? What the hell...?:eek:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Smashed it yesterday. Absolutely smashed it. I'm feeling hopefull about the 20th now...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know when the first round auditions finish?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm someone who isn't applying this year but how do the interviewers at the young apprentice know that you have started a business without help. so how do i prove that i started my own business? Can people apply twice and can you not apply if you turn 18 during the show and when does the show start?

thanks for everyone's help.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    has anyone had a call back yet for the 20th?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackoRead)
    please may you answer my questions please.

I'm someone who isn't applying this year but how do the interviewers at the young apprentice know that you have started a business without help. so how do i prove that i started my own business? Can people apply twice and can you not apply if you turn 18 during the show and when does the show start?

thanks for everyone's help.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    In the shire, Junior Apprentice is on a sunday.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    wouldn't say you need to prove that you have a business or even work for one, but you need to be able to show that your suitable for starting one and how compatible you are in a business environment
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bertybottom)
    Nope - you?
    nope very worried.
    any news of anyone who has?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bertybottom)
    not that i've heard of - don't get worried yet, worry at 11:59 on the 20th haha
    when was your audition.
    what stage did you get too?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    wouldn't say you need to prove that you have a business or even work for one, but you need to be able to show that your suitable for starting one and how compatible you are in a business environment
    if i do run a small business how do i prove it? because i saw lots of people on the show last time who said that they had their own business. also, for the application form next year (because that's when i'm applying) does it say anywhere that you should write if you have started your own business?

thanks and can you tell me about your experiences so far.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    cant say much, but it put you on the spot.
    just talk about what you do in your business and explain how you interact with people, there looking for more than just a business mind.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    cant say much, but it put you on the spot.
    just talk about what you do in your business and explain how you interact with people, there looking for more than just a business mind.
    So it sounds like you can easily lie about running a business which is strange and what questions do they ask you ? Thanks as well you are really helpful and how are you doing in the process?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Every time i get a message in my inbox i get really excited... then i realise its spam -_-
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Every time i get a message in my inbox i get really excited... then i realise its spam -_-
    may you help me please, i'm applying next year and my questions are: how do the interviewers prove that you run a business (if you have told them this), because i'm sure lots of people could lie about things like that

and can you apply 2 years in a row?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by non)
    may you help me please, i'm applying next year and my questions are: how do the interviewers prove that you run a business (if you have told them this), because i'm sure lots of people could lie about things like that

and can you apply 2 years in a row?
    Technically you can lie, but if you do get far in the process (to the final 50 i think) they check out all of your application form and make sure you haven't lied - I've got that much information off the Young Apprentice site
    And yes, you can apply two years in a row, aslong as you're still in the age boundaries.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Technically you can lie, but if you do get far in the process (to the final 50 i think) they check out all of your application form and make sure you haven't lied - I've got that much information off the Young Apprentice site
    And yes, you can apply two years in a row, aslong as you're still in the age boundaries.
    Thank you very much and what happens if you turn 18 during the filming? Will you be too old to go on the show and thank you. Do run your own business? If you don't mind me asking and do you think that's its essential for getting on the show. Because I'm applying net year so can you pm some tips about the process and anything I can do to make my chances of getting on the show increased.

Thanks.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 17, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.