Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Junior Apprentice 2012 UK

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Have all the interviews been given already ? =/ I was hoping to get one, oh well....
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by non)
    just wondering what month would you apply for next years series?
    I think Feb to March next year x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've got an interview but I have NO idea what to wear!
    I don't want to turn up all smart and then everyone's wearing jeans lol :P
    What's everyone else wearing? xx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zigggyy.)
    Mine's at 10:15 (': Awww, why nott?
    Mines at 10.30...might see you there aha
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chioma94)
    I've got an interview but I have NO idea what to wear!
    I don't want to turn up all smart and then everyone's wearing jeans lol :P
    What's everyone else wearing? xx
    I was thinking exactly the same thing...I might wear smart casual
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monstercable)
    I have an interview on the same day in London, I kind of have a business background...Anyone else going?
    I've got one at 12.15, but like others, not sure if I'm going- haven't got a business background, and I'll have to give up a biology trip (which I think I HAVE to go to for an assessed practical ) and open days, and summer and preparation for uni application and stuff :/
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mattyizsocool)
    Have all the interviews been given already ? =/ I was hoping to get one, oh well....
    No they haven't. It's a really long process! Take mine if you want ahah
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YoshBanosh)
    Well I applied for the Apprentice, and I got an interview for the 31st March. I have never had any business experience, except from raising £500 with some two other friends by baking cakes. I'm only doing my GCSE's at the moment and have not taken business studies or economics. Do you think it would be appropriate to go to the interview/audition or not?:confused:
    Yeah I'm in the same position as you really.. No business experience.. What are you going to wear?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had their interview already? What is everyone wearing? Also any tips on what to expect?
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've got my interview on the 31st of March as well, does anyone wanna meet up for lunch or something? I'm not too keen on going to London just to (probably) get rejected after a 10 minute deal!

My brother went last year and almost got in, he said everyone was basically in suits and that the questions put you on the spot a lot, so quick thinking is the key
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Got my audition on the 2nd of april, not long to prepare at akl. Coming down from newcastle as well as I didnt get my first ir second choice of audition venue. Im kinda taking that as a good sign though. Also its really early in the bloody morning. Anyone else got an inerview on the 2nd?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mine is also april the 2nd in London, is it significant that our interview is on a later date? o_o Also, I don't own a suit nor have I any experience in any business whatsoever :/ but fingers crossed eh
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TaraBelle)
    I've got one at 12.15, but like others, not sure if I'm going- haven't got a business background, and I'll have to give up a biology trip (which I think I HAVE to go to for an assessed practical ) and open days, and summer and preparation for uni application and stuff :/
    You're all ready for uni :O I'm just about to start 6th form. Well I seriosuly have no hope...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clickety)
    Mine is also april the 2nd in London, is it significant that our interview is on a later date? o_o Also, I don't own a suit nor have I any experience in any business whatsoever :/ but fingers crossed eh
    You haven't got a suit? I would suggest investing in one. What would you wear otherwise? Don't think there is much significance really 'cause of the date of ours, at least I have the weekend to prepare unlike some people.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YoshBanosh)
    You're all ready for uni :O I'm just about to start 6th form. Well I seriosuly have no hope...
    Yes but I'm in year 12- don't worry you don't need to stress about it yet I'm august born so I'm one of the youngest and couldn't apply last year- you have an advantage having a really long holiday after your exams are over, I have to go back to school so I'll miss 4 weeks if I do someone get on it
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ah, Saturday :/ I'm going to fill out my application form today, if I can finish off my english essay
    Im wearing a skirt, blazer and a normal top, not too formal, but not tooo casual (':
    I hope my nerves don't get the better of me! :s
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louhearty)
    Got my audition on the 2nd of april, not long to prepare at akl. Coming down from newcastle as well as I didnt get my first ir second choice of audition venue. Im kinda taking that as a good sign though. Also its really early in the bloody morning. Anyone else got an inerview on the 2nd?
    Me! I'm coming down all the way from Manchester. I still can't decide whether to go. I doubt I'm going to get very far as I have no business experience outside of school, but my friends keep urging me on for the experience
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninja_)
    Me! I'm coming down all the way from Manchester. I still can't decide whether to go. I doubt I'm going to get very far as I have no business experience outside of school, but my friends keep urging me on for the experience
    This is the same as me, I have little buisness experience but I'm going merely for the experience and it'll be a good ocnfidence booster for me
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninja_)
    I don't have much experience of business either, but everyone has to start somewhere. I've looked into business opportunities but haven't persued any yet. I'm surprised you didn't get Manchester as your audition venue. Luckily for me I have family in London so won't have to book a hotel or anything. Well anyway, good luck!

Louis.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what the interviews are like/how harsh they are or any tips on what to expect/how to prepare?

Is it better to be yourself or be as cocky as possible?

Also, do you think it's okay to wear heels, skirt and blouse?

ANY HELP WOULD BE VERY APPRECIATED!

Thanks!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 17, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.