Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Junior Apprentice 2012 UK

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness in in to the final 16! The group winners battle it out for the overall title! 15-07-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Refrigerator)
    got my interview at 10am tomorrow

I really need to get to sleep but I haven't filled in my application form yet, is anyone else gonna be there tomorrow?
    My auditions 30 minutes after yours
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, from my past experience it's only worth going if you have the time and feel pretty enthusiastic about going. You also need to have a lot of business background in you.

When u go into the interview session it's basically a 30 second description on why u applied to Junior apprentice and WHY you should be picked. If u get told to go upstairs (elevator) then u failed. If u get told to stay in the room then there interested. First round is mostly "being able to cope with the pressure"" second round is a day of activities so the people can examine your skills and the third one is an interview but best of luck people!

PS: I got into the 3rd (final round) but i didn't have the time to go to the next interview because u have to have your parents with you and stay in London for the whole day and on a Saturday which was impossible so i didn't turn up.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louhearty)
    Jesus. Seriously? It'll take a decent amount of time to get that filled in with good, well thought answers. Let us know how it goes tomorrow! Would be quite nice to know what to expect... Good Luck
    okay it's 2am and I'm about to sleep
    it's safe to say I'll be buying a lot of coffee tomorrow morning
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louhearty)
    Jesus. Seriously? It'll take a decent amount of time to get that filled in with good, well thought answers. Let us know how it goes tomorrow! Would be quite nice to know what to expect... Good Luck

got my interview at 10am tomorrow

I really need to get to sleep but I haven't filled in my application form yet, is anyone else gonna be there tomorrow?
    can someone link me to the application form please.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Setsuna-F-Seiei)
    To be honest, from my past experience it's only worth going if you have the time and feel pretty enthusiastic about going. You also need to have a lot of business background in you.

When u go into the interview session it's basically a 30 second description on why u applied to Junior apprentice and WHY you should be picked. If u get told to go upstairs (elevator) then u failed. If u get told to stay in the room then there interested. First round is mostly "being able to cope with the pressure"" second round is a day of activities so the people can examine your skills and the third one is an interview but best of luck people!

PS: I got into the 3rd (final round) but i didn't have the time to go to the next interview because u have to have your parents with you and stay in London for the whole day and on a Saturday which was impossible so i didn't turn up.
    When you say a 30 second description, do they stop you talking after 30 seconds/is it exactly that amount of time? Only slightly freaking out :L
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrLuketastic)
    I applied last year and had an audition. Got through the first bit, but didn't get a call back.

They will put you in groups of 10, put you on the spot, and give you 30 secs to say why you're the next Young Apprentice. I was one of two that got through the ten last year, so it's pretty slim pickings! Don't sob story, be humble, and be confident! The guy next to me started talking about how his family escaped from Communist Russia - cool story bro.

I have an audition for Tuesday, not sure if I'll go for it though. Last year was a great experience, but this year would screw up with exams/work etc. We will see though. Would be nice to see a TSRian on there though!
    When you say you were 1 of 2 that got through but didnt ge a callback to the next stage.. how did they determine which of the 'more confident' people got a callback? was there more questioning on the same day or was it to do with your application form? cheers
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrLuketastic)
    I applied last year and had an audition. Got through the first bit, but didn't get a call back.

They will put you in groups of 10, put you on the spot, and give you 30 secs to say why you're the next Young Apprentice. I was one of two that got through the ten last year, so it's pretty slim pickings! Don't sob story, be humble, and be confident! The guy next to me started talking about how his family escaped from Communist Russia - cool story bro.

I have an audition for Tuesday, not sure if I'll go for it though. Last year was a great experience, but this year would screw up with exams/work etc. We will see though. Would be nice to see a TSRian on there though!
    i will be applying next year so can i have some tips please. can you link me with the application form or tell me the questions that you are asked. also what types of business experience would you recommend for me to do to make it more likely for me to get on the show. nothing to time consuming because i am studying for my GCSEs.

thanks for sharing your experiences of applying for the show.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    had my audition today! it went quite well

make sure you guys know what you wrote on your application form and make sure you have a business idea ready which you will use the 25 grand to do
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    had my audition today! it went quite well

make sure you guys know what you wrote on your application form and make sure you have a business idea ready which you will use the 25 grand to do
    glad it went well what happened? was there much waiting around? how much do they judge you for the business idea? sorry for all the questions!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nayno)
    glad it went well what happened? was there much waiting around? how much do they judge you for the business idea? sorry for all the questions!
    I can't really give too much away because it might risk my chances later on since we signed the confidentiality agreement and all, but yeah there is a LOT of waiting!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nayno)
    When you say a 30 second description, do they stop you talking after 30 seconds/is it exactly that amount of time? Only slightly freaking out :L
    They most likely will probably stop u at 40 seconds as they would hope you almost finish it in 30 seconds. Make sure you don't look like your nervous or panicking otherwise your instantly out.

By the way, this only happens if it gets really busy which is most likely what will happen. My friend and i had this selection method in the first round and he failed cause he thought he looked nervous
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Look, it is an entertainment show and they will pick the people who will get them the most viewing figures. It is nothing to do with business at all. It doesnt matter if you run a company which made one million pounds profit, they aint interested in you if your not arrogant, cocky and confident.
    Bit funny if you think about it, would old Lord Sugar get through the first round if he did the interview at 16/17 ? Could he speak perfect english when he was 16/17 ? From east hackney or whatever I dont think so. The show is all about viewing figures, look at last years contestants, you had the posh one's who were confident and could speak well (Zara,Hayley,Harry H) , the cocky one's (Harry M, James etc) and the one's who were put through as a joke (Mohammed) .
    You really think the 12 kids in the final are the best at business for their age ? No, they are there to make people laugh and to make people wach the show. Look at the best so called businessmen at the moment, Mark Zuckerburg, Branson, Bill Gates etc. Do the kids on the show resemble anything like these guys? No, if they did pick the 12 best kids at business it would be one boring show which no one would watch.

But, after all this and you still want to audition, my advice would be, make sure your very confident, cocky etc. Good Luck !
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by essexarsenal)
    Look, it is an entertainment show and they will pick the people who will get them the most viewing figures. It is nothing to do with business at all. It doesnt matter if you run a company which made one million pounds profit, they aint interested in you if your not arrogant, cocky and confident.
    Bit funny if you think about it, would old Lord Sugar get through the first round if he did the interview at 16/17 ? Could he speak perfect english when he was 16/17 ? From east hackney or whatever I dont think so. The show is all about viewing figures, look at last years contestants, you had the posh one's who were confident and could speak well (Zara,Hayley,Harry H) , the cocky one's (Harry M, James etc) and the one's who were put through as a joke (Mohammed) .
    You really think the 12 kids in the final are the best at business for their age ? No, they are there to make people laugh and to make people wach the show. Look at the best so called businessmen at the moment, Mark Zuckerburg, Branson, Bill Gates etc. Do the kids on the show resemble anything like these guys? No, if they did pick the 12 best kids at business it would be one boring show which no one would watch.

But, after all this and you still want to audition, my advice would be, make sure your very confident, cocky etc. Good Luck !
    I would partly agree but I think you have to find a compromise. Yes, they will want people who will be good on TV and that will get people talking about them therefore increasing viewing figures. But you have to remember that Lord Sugar isn't going to give 25K out to someone who can make people laugh. They will want someone that can actually do something productive with the 25K. Therefore it would be safe to assume that making good TV isn't a major factor.
    I have my audition tomorrow :/ and I think trying to be someone who would be good on TV would be the worst way to go about it.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    So long as you are a ****/an all-round unlikable person then you'll have no trouble getting onto this show...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    my audition is tomorrow i have mixed feelings about it! i don't have any business experience so i don't really know what to talk about in the 30 seconds! i am really academic should i just go with that?!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can't really give too much away because it might risk my chances later on since we signed the confidentiality agreement and all, but yeah there is a LOT of waiting!
    I was there yesterday too! I would say a lot of waiting is an understatement..
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well from a viewers perspective, don't be a massive d**k to everyone and especially not in the opening credits. It really annoys me when someone says oh "this is better than sex", etc.

Enjoy yourself, and speak up for yourself, but don't get too caught along with your ideas, also always make your opinion heard. And if you don't win, its not the end of the world.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm having an audition Friday 6th April. I have paid nearly £300 in all hotel costs/ train/ suit. Wearing business suit going down on Thursday to Birmingham. Filled most of the application form out.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luna.)
    I was there yesterday too! I would say a lot of waiting is an understatement..
    hahaa yeah, what were you wearing by the way? we may have seen each other
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What's the interview process like? Is it nerve wracking? Do you get to talk to the other people auditioning? What should you do to get picked?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 17, 2012
New on TSR

Your favourite film of the year?

For you personally what has been the best 2014 movie

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.