Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Junior Apprentice 2012 UK

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My interview is on Thursday in Birmingham at 11:30, booked trains home for 3:30, hope i've give myself enough time!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louhearty)
    Sorry, only just seen this. Mine was good thanks, how was yours? What time was your interview?
    Yeah mine was good too thanks. 12:15 you?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HelPol)
    Anyone else going to the Manchester one? And do you reckon you actually have to have a business idea, or could I just say I'm looking at the idea of product design so I'd save the 25 grand investment until I came up with an idea? :L I've already thought of a couple of potential products, but my DT teacher told me not to mention them because I don't have any official ownership of the idea so they might copy it :/
    Yeah i've got mine in Manchester tomorrow, 11:15. As for the idea, i've just made something up about wanting to start my own radio production company, hopefully they won't go too in depth with the questions
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got my interview tomorrow in Manchester at 11am, getting worried about the timing, because I have a return train at 16:41, hope I don't miss it or my dads going to have to drive up to Manchester to give me a lift back.

Anyone else give a length of how long they where there for?

Also, anyone going tomorrow that I might see? kinda worried about the whole suit thing, don't have a blazer, I'll just say its in my bag
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .LP.)
    Got my interview tomorrow in Manchester at 11am, getting worried about the timing, because I have a return train at 16:41, hope I don't miss it or my dads going to have to drive up to Manchester to give me a lift back.

Anyone else give a length of how long they where there for?

Also, anyone going tomorrow that I might see? kinda worried about the whole suit thing, don't have a blazer, I'll just say its in my bag
    Might see you there I'm not wearing a blazer either, the email said smart casual, and i'm sure a full suit is pretty formal.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olly_1994)
    Might see you there I'm not wearing a blazer either, the email said smart casual, and i'm sure a full suit is pretty formal.
    As someone as already said though, you can be too casual but not too smart.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .LP.)
    That is so true!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .LP.)
    I said that Fountain of knowledge from louis heartfield right there
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Interview over, didn't take that long, was there from 10:30 till about 12:20, and that's with all interviews done, so don't know how some people where there for hours.

I was the guy in the black suit with grey shirt and a black skinny tie, who stood at the back left of the room, anyone see me?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .LP.)
    Interview over, didn't take that long, was there from 10:30 till about 12:20, and that's with all interviews done, so don't know how some people where there for hours.

I was the guy in the black suit with grey shirt and a black skinny tie, who stood at the back left of the room, anyone see me?
    Wow, that's quick! Perhaps it was just the first day that was over run for hours on end xD I had a friend that went yesterday and was there for only 3 hours, but she only attended half the interviews.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThomasJRB)
    Wow, that's quick! Perhaps it was just the first day that was over run for hours on end xD I had a friend that went yesterday and was there for only 3 hours, but she only attended half the interviews.
    I know someone who is there now, and has been told he has a 2 hour wait, so I guess they loose control later on in the day.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    anyone know how many they choose for the second stage of interviews?/how they choose people?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I remember from my interviews last year - they don't actually tell you that you haven't been successful except for in the first round. If you have been successful, you will have had the first round group stage, then an interview, then another interview with potentially more than one person interviewing you, then a screen test. Lots of people had the first interview after the group stage and were then told that was it - even though there were more rounds if you were to be successful!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshgoldman)
    I remember from my interviews last year - they don't actually tell you that you haven't been successful except for in the first round. If you have been successful, you will have had the first round group stage, then an interview, then another interview with potentially more than one person interviewing you, then a screen test. Lots of people had the first interview after the group stage and were then told that was it - even though there were more rounds if you were to be successful!
    Ah... guess I lost it in the second interview, I was in the room of 12, then went to the interview on my own then got told it was over, guess i'm not going to be on TV
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrHappy_J)
    "I'm like King Midas. Everything I touch turns to sold"

"My first word as a baby wasn't mummy, it was money"

I could probably think of more.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .LP.)
    Ah... guess I lost it in the second interview, I was in the room of 12, then went to the interview on my own then got told it was over, guess i'm not going to be on TV
    They might have changed it for this year, but that's what it was last time unfortunately!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshgoldman)
    They might have changed it for this year, but that's what it was last time unfortunately!
    Thats kind of harsh if thats how it is, they should tell you rather than keeping your hopes up. Got to wait 16 days to find out now. Anyone who went this year who can confirm this?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TaraBelle)
    I've got one at 12.15, but like others, not sure if I'm going- haven't got a business background, and I'll have to give up a biology trip (which I think I HAVE to go to for an assessed practical ) and open days, and summer and preparation for uni application and stuff :/
    Why would you apply if you're going to university? People who want to go to university don't win the apprentice, take that guy who made the final last time for example. He mentioned he wanted to study economics for the next 3 years and Alan Sugar immediately lost interest in him. Of course it's different if you're on the adult apprentice and you've already been to university, as then you're in a good position to set up a business, but the junior apprentice really isn't for people who want to go to university.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A level Az)
    Why would you apply if you're going to university? People who want to go to university don't win the apprentice, take that guy who made the final last time for example. He mentioned he wanted to study economics for the next 3 years and Alan Sugar immediately lost interest in him.
    not strictly true, the first winner (arjun) had a place at oxford and intended to go there, but he didn't meet his offer. He still studied engineering somewhere else though
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, just wondering, people keep saying that the first stage is a group stage, does this mean that u say the reasons why ur a suitable candidate in front of the other candidates?

Thanks for any help

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 17, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.