Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Progressive House <3

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else get that awesome feeling just listening to some chilled out prog. house.

Just like the most relaxed chilled out mood you can imagine.

I listen to all kinds of music and other electro stuff, but some of the following is definitely my favourite. Just reminds me of sun, holidays and lying on a beach.

Opinions? Or any other songs/artists you could recommend?
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd like that deadmaus one if it weren't for the ridiculously annoying repetitive drum beat. No offence, but how is a drumbeat that simple entertaining? It's ruining it for me.

I guess for chilled stuff though I'm an ambient fan, none of this kind of stuff.

**** all three of them have that boring beat.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    The joy of repetition clearly isn't in you ^^
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Moguai! I only just discovered him yesterday
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo-Amin)
    Haha I was driving with my mum in the car earlier and she was like, 'this music is so repetitive'. I'm gonna tell her she doesn't know the joy of repetition next time.

Besides it's progressive, its meant to repeat.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Never something I used to listen to, then I found a soundcloud which uploads all Trance and Prog. House radio sets and since then I've not stopped.

Ibiza this summer too.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Moguai! I only just discovered him yesterday
    Yea Moguai's goood, you heard Glenn Morrison? He's signed to mau5trap records too, got some pretty cool stuff.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sii217)
    Yea Moguai's goood, you heard Glenn Morrison? He's signed to mau5trap records too, got some pretty cool stuff.
    I haven't heard of him, but I'll have quick look around for his tracks:cool:
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    My last contribution before I'm off to bed
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

This one's gonna be a sick tune. If you watch the vid, the guy who's now going to be doing the vocals for it, is just some randomer who tweeted deadmau5 with himself singing over a sample of the song.

And now he's gonna be famous.

I need start tweeting celebrities I think.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Eric Prydz is amazing when it comes to progressive house. Check out tracks called 'Lift' and 'Melo' under the name of Pryda.

Deadmau5 - 'Strobe (Original Mix)' is great aswell.

If you like stuff with heavier bassline's, listen to John Dahlback's music. He's awesome.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was just gonna post a link to The Veldt. So good!
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:

Besides it's progressive, its meant to repeat.
    Not sure if serious because that's NOT what progressive means lol. Progressive music usually actually does something different to 2 drum beats repeated ad infinitum.

(Original post by Mo-Amin)
    Reptition can be used well, but 2 drum notes played over and over and over is ****ing boring, and not a good use of it. Then again I listen to music that actually has people playing the drums.
    (Original post by tomclarky)
    I was just gonna post a link to The Veldt. So good!
    got excited then realised you weren't referrring to a shoegaze band
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    I haven't heard of him, but I'll have quick look around for his tracks:cool:
    Contact is probably GM's biggest track.

Anyone a fan of Dinka, Michael Cassette, Paul keeley, Pryda etc?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metalthrashin'mad)
    Not sure if serious because that's NOT what progressive means lol. Progressive music usually actually does something different to 2 drum beats repeated ad infinitum.

Reptition can be used well, but 2 drum notes played over and over and over is ****ing boring, and not a good use of it. Then again I listen to music that actually has people playing the drums.

got excited then realised you weren't referrring to a shoegaze band
    "Structure
    ‘Progression’ is obviously key in progressive house, so spend some time building up the arrangement with just the right amount of tension. A tried and tested structure involves 64 or so bars of build with relatively few elements and plenty of repetition until the first break kicks in. This break is intended to be euphoric and uplifting. Here is where you introduce your big melodic elements – chords, lead riff or both."

http://www.soundstosample.com/blog/p...roduction-tips
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    "Structure
    ‘Progression’ is obviously key in progressive house, so spend some time building up the arrangement with just the right amount of tension. A tried and tested structure involves 64 or so bars of build with relatively few elements and plenty of repetition until the first break kicks in. This break is intended to be euphoric and uplifting. Here is where you introduce your big melodic elements – chords, lead riff or both."

http://www.soundstosample.com/blog/p...roduction-tips
    I didn't mean to neg you, I meant to press quote, and missed it. Feel free to neg me back.

ok well progressive here means something different than it does in progressive rock, progressive metal and progressive electronic ala tangerine dream and klaus schulze.

never mind, it's just not for me
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I didn't mean to neg you, I meant to press quote, and missed it. Feel free to neg me back.

ok well progressive here means something different than it does in progressive rock, progressive metal and progressive electronic ala tangerine dream and klaus schulze.

never mind, it's just not for me
    Haha it's fine don't worry, I wasn't trying to be condescending with that post anyway. I agree with you I think it's different in this sort of music. I read somewhere the repetetiveness? is supposed to draw the listener in, and sort of relaxes you before you get that sort of euphoric drop halfway, 3/4 through the song. The repetition at the beginning is supposed to make the drop more powerful when it kicks in, giving you that sort of buzz that you can sometimes get listening to stuff like this.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha it's fine don't worry, I wasn't trying to be condescending with that post anyway. I agree with you I think it's different in this sort of music. I read somewhere the repetetiveness? is supposed to draw the listener in, and sort of relaxes you before you get that sort of euphoric drop halfway, 3/4 through the song. The repetition at the beginning is supposed to make the drop more powerful when it kicks in, giving you that sort of buzz that you can sometimes get listening to stuff like this.
    Fair enough it just annoys me, yet in other kinds of music I like it (namely ambient, but I guess it's a lot slower, so it doesn't seem as annoying to me. When it's that way it's very hypnotic. This track kind of does it IIRC

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it has progression, but 'progressive' = exploring new regions within music. The neoclassical movement was progressive, Miles Davis was progressive, John Zorn was and is hugely progressive, Black Sabbath were progressive, Patti Smith was progressive, and Merzbow was progressive. This is not.

Also, prog rock past about 1975 =/= progressive.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd like that deadmaus one if it weren't for the ridiculously annoying repetitive drum beat. No offence, but how is a drumbeat that simple entertaining? It's ruining it for me.

I guess for chilled stuff though I'm an ambient fan, none of this kind of stuff.

**** all three of them have that boring beat.
    I don't think the particular tracks chosen represent what Progressive House really is, well at least for me. Have a listen to these tracks if you have the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3CyTUxUAZM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agg5bqcxUqw

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 24, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Spooky tales from this year's fright night

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.