Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Is it ever right to cheat the benefit system?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    A documentary team is looking to talk to people who have cheated the benefit system but felt they had some justification in doing so because of the inequality of income in modern day Britain. Please call John on 020 7013 4129. All calls will be treated in the strictest confidence.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    No.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    i do not work all day like a bitch, so people can claim benefits.. especially when they are not entitled.

who are they.. robin hood in disguise?!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mosmof)
    i do not work all day like a bitch, so people can claim benefits.. especially when they are not entitled.

Who is not entitled?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mosmof)

Well said
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    No. Tax payers don't work hard just so somebody who isn't entitled to benefits can steal the money that would be better spent elsewhere.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    a) you'll be hard pressed to find anybody on TSR who agrees with benefit fraud

b) do you really think that any benefit frauds would be willing to take part in a documentary? pmsl
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frobs)
    A documentary team is looking to talk to people who have cheated the benefit system but felt they had some justification in doing so because of the inequality of income in modern day Britain. Please call John on 020 7013 4129. All calls will be treated in the strictest confidence.
    Should contact the prison system instead.

Doubt you're going to find anyone who would admit to being a benefit scrounger........ though am sure there are a few on this forum
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is it ever right to pay all these ridiculous taxes they invent?
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    What really irritates me is that benefit cheaters are likely to reason, "richer people need to give their bit back to society" or "I was born into a poor family, I need help". The former is just hilarious as what fraudulent benefit claimants do to society? They just make it worse with utterly pathetic reasoning.

Bottom line is, they just ridicule the taxpayer and this can reflect badly on genuine benefit claimants. Unfortunately such a system encourages this type of reckless behaviour.
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martyn*)
    Who is not entitled?
    A more clear cut question is: who is entitled?

*before anyone jumps down my throat, I do know there are genuine benefit claimants*
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Morally no and I'll never agree with people who do it just because they can't be bothered to work. If though, hypothetically, someone was desperate and had a starving child then yeah I can understand that.

Also I think someone who avoid spending thousands in taxes each month is a far bigger problem then someone getting an extra few pounds a week.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    it's morally wrong but if I could do it without getting caught I probably would.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cos resorting to crime is gonna solve all your problems.. :rollseyes:

Of course we can all sit here and say its wrong, but no one can truely analyse this unless they can make an informed judgement on the specific cases involved.

In general, it's wrong, definitely. But there's exceptions to every rule.
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frobs)
    I really don't see how it is.... their straining the system and making others suffer with the cuts.
    Imagine if this wasn't the case, maybe the government could have given better benefits to people who actually needed it.

Plus what about the people who need the benefit system, the government is pushing the benefits down and increasing tests to deter cheaters, but thats also putting a strain on them. It's wrong. Unless you genuinely you needed the money e.g. to buy medicine not provided by the NHS, etc but then again this all links back to the cheaters, maybe the NHS would had more money to spend on the NHS
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    No, of course it isn't.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    At the risk of sounding like a Daily Mail reader (though they are dead on here), it's a bloody disgrace.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 24, 2012
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.