Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How much do you drink a week?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I worry about my alcohol intake.

So, how much in UK units does everyone else drink on a weekly basis?

Obviously by that i mean a rough estimate, cos you cant know exactly how much units a week you drink.

UK guidelines suggest anything over 21 units of alcohol is dangerous.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nil. Zilch.

Personal choice, but I figure it's worth answering.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    For me, it varies considerably. Quite often I won't go out at all for a couple of weeks, and won't have any alcohol. Other weeks, I'll go to the pub and have a couple of drinks but no more than that. And then there'll be times like a couple of weeks ago, where I had at least 25... and probably more than that. Spread over three different nights, but still. That's very very very rare for me! Normally, it'll be more like 3 in a week where I don't have a proper night out, and 10 or so if I do.

That makes this a very difficult question to answer for me!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Most weeks - nothing at all. Though I'll occasionally have a beer/spirit or if I'm at a party a fair bit more I guess
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    I drink nothing most of the time, but I go clubbing about once a month, and then I drink maybe 8 units or so.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Depends. Can go a month without. But sometimes I'll clock up 20+ in a day and do this every other day for a fortnight . Not healthy but I run like a mad man the next day to sort myself out (science wise I am sure its ineffective, but motivation wise it works a treat).
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    I personally have had a patchy relationship with alcohol over the past few years. For example, I continuously ask myself "do I drink too much?" - several nights a week I will have about four bottles of beer. At my worst I was having it about five nights out of seven; that clocks up to 30 units of alcohol. Now, I still have maybe three nights where I drink and I still question if it's a dependance.

But I say "Today I'm having nothing". And I don't have any alcohol. Nor do I the following day, or the next. Then, the next night I might say "I've not had any for a few days, I'll get a couple of bottles for tonight!" and maybe neck four or five, and due to my low BMI, it knocks me for six.

I guess it's speculative. It's dependant on the individual. But certainly in my circumstance, despite now being out of the "dangerous" category of consumption, it's still not what you'd call a "normal" relationship.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    One or two small rum and cokes every 2 weeks or so? I don't like to drink too much with all these health warnings going about as much as they are.
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    A lot :lol: Not as much as I did at the beginning of term. But while it varies from week to week, I can easily go over the 21 unit guidelines if I go out twice. Or even if I stay in. Myself and my best friend like to get a bottle of wine each and cook a meal together and then watch a film. Do that twice and you're on the limit already.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    nothing, i dont really like it, i'll sometimes have a beer if i'm at the pub with friends or something else social but i try to not get drunk - i just hate the feeling!

i used to have a really abnormal relationship and i knew i was starting to use it as a bit of a crutch when i was upset. i'd cope with a bad day by coming home and getting drunk so i'd fall asleep easier. luckily i realised & have managed to stop it!
    • 53 followers

ReputationRep:
    I drink on Wednesdays when we go out, which will typically be about 12-15 units depending on how much I have to spend. That aside, nothing. Nights out are excessive as it is, I don't like drinking alcohol with food, and it would be too expensive.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Zero units :cool:

But that's a personal choice I don't take alcohol well.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    "How much do you drink a week?"

I drink like 5 gallons a week

Water,Milk,fruit juice.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    not much... 2-3 beers per month
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nothing :^_^:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    About 21L of water a week, 500ml of lemonade/blackcurrant cordial.

That's it.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    Far too much, but some weeks I wont drink at all then some I might go out and get really drunk. For example I haven't drank properly in weeks, like might have had a smirnoff ice or what not when down at the pub but tomorrow I'm going to a flat party, and I plan on buying tequilia
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Currently nothing as I'm on a month long break. But an average week is normally 45ish and a heavy week 55-70
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

When I go out I'll have a couple of bottles of Corona. Never drink at home. Never drink with a meal. Only drink if i'm at a pub, club, footy.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Entity)
    UK guidelines suggest anything over 21 units of alcohol is dangerous.
    UK guidelines are entirely meaningless, arbitrary, and scientifically unjustified.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 31, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.