Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone going to Derby uni in september 2012?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetheartbreakin)
    Hi!
    Really excited about doing American Studies! Do you remember what you did in the first year? What types of topics did you cover?
    Hey, thats good! In our first year we did Hollywood Cinema, intro to American history (war of independence, civil war etc), american democracy (Governing America by Robert Singh (2003) is the book they reccomend for this), intro to American T.V, American photography, Atlantic world (slavery and trade), ethnic and immigrant literature and intro to american literature (as i lay dying, benito cereno etc.)

We used to do 8 modules a year but they have changed it to 6 so two of those wont be there anymore but not sure which and I think some have been changed a bit.
    x
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VirtualRealist)
    Hi, My name's Tom. I've just accepted an offer from Derby and just wanted to know who was going in September!
    Hey, I'm going to Derby too What will you be studying?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hey il be studying at derby in september, engineering and staying at peak court. If you want to see who is going o be saying in the same halls as you try looking on facebook, most of the halls have a page.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else doing history or creative writing? im doing them both! also im a bit confused on accomodation i paid my booking fee, how do you guys know where youll be staying? ahhh so scared!! xx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becki.ox)
    I'm studying Diagnostic Radiograohy and will be staying in St Christophers court, flat 2 on the third floor

Hi,I have an interview at the end of the month in Derby (Diagnostic Radiography)
    Could you please give me some advise regarding the interview day,specially about the written part of it.Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    is anyone else in denby lodge, lonsdale halls? im number 305 x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hey im Lauren (hopefully) doing History and Creative writive at derby in september and staying at lonsdale hall x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hey im Lauren doing history and creative writing and staying at lonsdale hall
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing English? Or staying at Princess Alice? Excited
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Becki.ox;37859906]I'm studying Diagnostic Radiograohy and will be staying in St Christophers court, flat 2 on the third floor

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App[/QUOTE

I'll be on the 2nd floor in flat 7 I think
    You're in the winners halls :P
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I swear its just me in St. Christopher's haha!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm staying in St. Christophers doing Motorcycle engineering, please say someone else is in even the same building as me haha.

Ben
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crustybandit)
    I swear its just me in St. Christopher's haha!
    Promise you it's not! I live close by
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying Diagnostic Radiograohy and will be staying in St Christophers court, flat 2 on the third floor

I'll be on the second floor in flat 7, finally someone else in St. Christophers haha

Ben
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi, my name is Becca, i will also be studying at derby in September to do the BEd Primary Education course ..... Well that's if i get the grades
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoffeeAndTV)
    Accepted my place to do journalism, and living in peak court flat 3 floor 3 and I'm Rachael by the way
    Whey, i too have accepted to do journalism at Derby

I'm Steve - pleased to meet you (and every body else!)

=]
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Hey Becki

I'm also studying Diagnostic Radiography this september at UoD. Did you meet your grades?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    its all about St. Christopher's haha
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccamxx)
    Hi everyone i will also be studding at derby in September i will be doing the BEd primary education course (that's if i get my grades anyway ). is anyone else doing this course, I'd love to meet some people on it before i go!
    hi, im doing this course too. Are you going for the Pre-induction day tomorrow?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'll be studying Creative Expressive Therapies, specifically art, and I'm in St Christopher's! already unconditional cos I've been to uni once and am having another go so I've got all my grades!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 12, 2012
New on TSR
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.