Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone going to Derby uni in september 2012?

Announcements Posted on
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi, my name is Laura and I have recently accepted my place at derby uni! Would love to know opinions of the uni and to know of others who are going !
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I will be finished by september but i'm finishing my degree there and live in derby so if you got any questions ask

Its lovely and my lecturers and supervisor are awesome
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    oh its brilliant to here positive comments! what did you study? in the first year how much time would you say you spent in lectures per week?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Iv accepted my place and booked accommodation I'm studying law and I loved the university on my open day and I saw the halls that I'm staying in and was impressed with it! What are you studying?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lhutton22)
    oh its brilliant to here positive comments! what did you study? in the first year how much time would you say you spent in lectures per week?

Biology

Lectures per week for biology i cant remember from the first year but it decreased now as I have 2 taught/did one work placement module and got my IS for this semester. Last semester I had 3 taught for the whole semster with lectures on IS and whilst trying to complete the IS.

Yrs 1/2 had 4 taught each semester. Plus lab time and working at home/independent work. Each module for me was 3hrs each. Some may be more/less in other courses.

If you want some more questions answering give us a PM id be happy to answer any if you more questions.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I will be studying networks and security. I can't wait to start!

I have got a room in Peak Court. All of the En Suite rooms in Sir Peter Hilton are already booked.

Is there plenty of part time employment there?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessChappers01)
    Iv accepted my place and booked accommodation I'm studying law and I loved the university on my open day and I saw the halls that I'm staying in and was impressed with it! What are you studying?

Hey!

Im just finishing off my first year of law at derby. If you have any questions dont be afraid to ask and what halls are you staying in?
    xx
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    And also if anyone's looking for a place there's a nice double room for £67 per week. 2 guys and one girl, they're all very sweet. The place is on Arnold street, not too far from uni or town. PM me if interested xxx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm (hopefully) going to Derby to do English staying in Princess Alice Court x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hi, im going to Derby Buxton campus in September! Events Management course!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm just waiting on my official offer but I was told what it would be at my interview yesterday, hopefully going to be studying journalism there
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've accepted an offer to do Occupational Therapy! I'm a (slightly) mature student, will be 23 when it starts, and it will be my second degree, so I will be living with my other half in Nottingham and commuting to uni every day. I'm really excited to start such an interesting degree!!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Ive been offered a place by the uni but Im not sure how much I want to go there! When at the open day I didn't feel like I got a proper impression of the uni spin still a bit confused :s
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avril93x)
    Ive been offered a place by the uni but Im not sure how much I want to go there! When at the open day I didn't feel like I got a proper impression of the uni spin still a bit confused :s
    Go to a few open days at different unis - even if you wouldn't / can't go to them it'll help you form opinions... just one open day on it's own is confusing
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've got a conditional offer to study graphic design I think I'm going to the open day a week on saturday to get an idea of where to apply for for the accommodation and , I was a little worried about the apparent lack of en-suite rooms though :/
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry. I wanted an en-suite really bad but you'll probably have to share a bathroom next year anyway if you move into a house with people
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tessap)
    I've accepted an offer to do Occupational Therapy! I'm a (slightly) mature student, will be 23 when it starts, and it will be my second degree, so I will be living with my other half in Nottingham and commuting to uni every day. I'm really excited to start such an interesting degree!!
    Oh my! I don't think I could handle all that traveling back and forth all the time. I'm gonna be studying Fine Art as a almost mature student too. I'm moving over to Derby and dragging my boy with me.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HappilySuicidal)
    Oh my! I don't think I could handle all that traveling back and forth all the time. I'm gonna be studying Fine Art as a almost mature student too. I'm moving over to Derby and dragging my boy with me.
    Its only a 30 min drive, and I'll be on placement for roughly 10 weeks of the year anyway! And they can be anywhere in the area. Wish September would come sooner, just want to start the course now!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hey, my names grace i accepted my place too at derby
    ill be studying commercial photography there
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm jess Iv accepted my place and I'm doing law

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: September 12, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered University of Derby Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.