The Student Room Group

Santander Telephone Interview

I just had my interview and had trouble finding help with the questions so I've decided to post mine here.

Motivation Questions
Why financial sector?
Why Santander?
What markets does Santander operate in?
Why corporate banking?
What do you think you’ll be doing on a day to day basis?

Competency Questions
Tell me a time you’ve delivered exceptional customer service?
Tell me a time you’ve worked in collaboration with a team?
Tell me a time where you’ve solved a problem that helped you meet your targets?
Tell me a time you’ve made a decision that wasn’t popular?

If anyone has any questions just ask :smile:
Reply 1
Hi, was that for the customer service advisor role? I work in a customer service role at a coffee shop and can't think of any good answers, please help :frown:
i have telephone interview tomorrow an very nervous i've never worked in a bank before. al the questions above is a great start. if you can give me a simple answer would be great
Reply 3
Original post by Nosh88
Hi, was that for the customer service advisor role? I work in a customer service role at a coffee shop and can't think of any good answers, please help :frown:
interested too as I am due for Santander customer advisor telephone interview!
Reply 4
Original post by Anisax212
I just had my interview and had trouble finding help with the questions so I've decided to post mine here.

Motivation Questions
Why financial sector?
Why Santander?
What markets does Santander operate in?
Why corporate banking?
What do you think you’ll be doing on a day to day basis?

Competency Questions
Tell me a time you’ve delivered exceptional customer service?
Tell me a time you’ve worked in collaboration with a team?
Tell me a time where you’ve solved a problem that helped you meet your targets?
Tell me a time you’ve made a decision that wasn’t popular?

If anyone has any questions just ask :smile:
were you successful? was it the csa role? I am due a telephone interview next week and would appreciate your help, like you not much out there 2015. Thanks
Original post by cosgrave
were you successful? was it the csa role? I am due a telephone interview next week and would appreciate your help, like you not much out there 2015. Thanks

Hi, how did your telephone interview go? I hope it went well, I have my AC next week and was wondering if you've got to that stage?
My questions for a telephone interview for a customer service advisor: I thought I didn't do well, as I hadn't prepared any answers for these in advance, but maybe they'll help someone else out. Good luck!A time when you suspected something was amiss? Fraud etc.
A time when you had a disagreement with a co-worker and how it was resolved?
A time when you exceeded a target? (She went into a lot of further detailed questions about this)
Tell me a bit about yourself?
Why Santander?
Why this specific role at Santander?We had a roleplay, in which the interviewer was an angry customer who had been waiting for a long time, wanted to know how large a deposit she needed for her mortgage, wanted to find another account at a different bank, was unable to access her internet banking. Basically unhappy about everything. Have a pre-prepared apology sorted and other comments e.g "If you feel your current product is no longer correct for you, I can help you find another product you might prefer. What do you use your account for?"
Reply 7
Original post by cosgrave

Hi, How did your interview go? Like you said there's not much out there. Any tips??
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending