The Student Room Group

A2 Edexcel Unit 3 12th June 2012 Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by usamakhanlodhi
My tip to everyone is to really look at examiner reports in detail.. as they really not only give examples of answers helping you to self mark but provide you with tips on what things to link and examine in particular types of qs for the high range of marks..

Im so scared for this unit as grade boundaries seem very high like 63/72 for an a*.. Also time management is so hard but nothing compared to unit 4

Yea, the examiner reports are really very helpful :smile:
But I don't get what you said next. Do you mean it is harder to manage time in unit 4 than unit 3?
Reply 21
how do i upload a pdf file here? - got great economic notes for unit 3- dont know how to put them up!
Original post by Riz10
how do i upload a pdf file here? - got great economic notes for unit 3- dont know how to put them up!

when you want to post a reply, scroll down to additional options then click 'manage attachements' it will then open up a seperate window where you can upload several documents/pdf files etc at once. Then click upload :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by MaryMary234
when you want to post a reply, scroll down to additional options then click 'manage attachements' it will then open up a seperate window where you can upload several documents/pdf files etc at once. Then click upload :smile:

thanks- but cant do it, it exceeds the forums limit!
Reply 24
Original post by Riz10
thanks- but cant do it, it exceeds the forums limit!

If it is a .pdf file, try converting the file into a .doc file. (If you don't know how to do that use this http://www.pdfonline.com/pdf-to-word-converter/).

If not, compress it :smile:.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by ezioaudi77
Yea, the examiner reports are really very helpful :smile:
But I don't get what you said next. Do you mean it is harder to manage time in unit 4 than unit 3?

Yh as Unit 3 u can finish multiple choice and then section B spend time on it, meanwhile Unit 4 its so hard to judge how many points ur actually making in an essay as they sometimes overlap then writing it down moving on to section B and then tacking all the long 16 amrkers its so tough i always have to just rush the last question in section B as dont have time because it takes me 1.15mins to finish section A
Reply 26
Yh as Unit 3 u can finish multiple choice and then section B spend time on it, meanwhile Unit 4 its so hard to judge how many points ur actually making in an essay as they sometimes overlap then writing it down moving on to section B and then tacking all the long 16 amrkers its so tough i always have to just rush the last question in section B as dont have time because it takes me 1.15mins to finish section A

Yeah, I am having that problem as well in unit 4.
But section A is supposed to be easier than section B because we have more choice in it and therefore write "faster"?
So I am trying to answer section A in less than an hour, like close to 50 mins(1 mark per minute => 20 + 30), then move to sec B and have more time to tackle it :smile:

By the way are you doing both unit 3 and unit 4? What were your UMS for U1 and U2?
Yeah, I am having that problem as well in unit 4.
But section A is supposed to be easier than section B because we have more choice in it and therefore write "faster"?
So I am trying to answer section A in less than an hour, like close to 50 mins(1 mark per minute => 20 + 30), then move to sec B and have more time to tackle it :smile:

By the way are you doing both unit 3 and unit 4? What were your UMS for U1 and U2?

Yh that is a good strategy but I just waffle a lot on section A as the questions are ambigious so I try and give everything
Yh as my school does all economics exams in the summer
U 1:94
U2: 96
What was your U1 and U2 ums, also are u doing both unit 3 and 4 in june?:smile:
Reply 28
Yh that is a good strategy but I just waffle a lot on section A as the questions are ambigious so I try and give everything
Yh as my school does all economics exams in the summer
U 1:94
U2: 96
What was your U1 and U2 ums, also are u doing both unit 3 and 4 in june?:smile:

Haha I do that too. I try to write as much as I can in the beginning and then end up having less time for section B.

My school wants us to do ALL exams in the summer(all AS units in one summer and all A2 units in the next). So doing 4ALs is tough as exams fall on close dates and sometimes even on the same day :nutcase: :nutcase:

And nice marks man :smile: As for me
U1 93
U2 80 :biggrin:
Reply 29
There doesn't seem to be a thread on this yet, so lets discuss.....:cool:
Reply 30
Is there a discussion for Unit 4??
It is just SO much harder than unit 3!!!
Reply 31
Original post by hannah_27
Is there a discussion for Unit 4??
It is just SO much harder than unit 3!!!

Yup, you can find it here.
Haha I do that too. I try to write as much as I can in the beginning and then end up having less time for section B.

My school wants us to do ALL exams in the summer(all AS units in one summer and all A2 units in the next). So doing 4ALs is tough as exams fall on close dates and sometimes even on the same day :nutcase: :nutcase:

And nice marks man :smile: As for me
U1 93
U2 80 :biggrin:

wow I have 6 exams and am feeling hard done you must have like 9 or something.. Yh I had my mock for unit 4 and the difference between my section A and B marks was almost 10 marks

nice, so are u aiming for an A*?
Reply 33
wow I have 6 exams and am feeling hard done you must have like 9 or something.. Yh I had my mock for unit 4 and the difference between my section A and B marks was almost 10 marks

nice, so are u aiming for an A*?

Well it's a tough life..you seem to be managing time in unit 4 better than most people, so I don't think you will run out of time in the actual exam.

Yup, you as well right?
Has anyone had any predictions of possible topics that may come up from like teachers or something? :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Well France Vs England is the day before! Revision cut by 90 minutes! haha. I reckon it'll be heavily based on LRAC and economies/diseconomies of scale.
Reply 36
Oh gosh, I haven't even started revision for it yet! :s-smilie:
Reply 37
I can't get my head around contestability.. :| I know the stuff but when I get an exam question in front of me, I'm even worse than a blank canvas. :frown: so scared for this exam! what do you guys think would come up?
Reply 38
I did this exam in January. It was the hardest exam I have ever sat, I'm resitting it. Game theory came up as one of the large questions at the end in data response so doubt it will come up as a large question again.
Can someone tell me how on earth to get a bloody B in this!?!

Quick Reply

Latest