As our party name suggests we wish to form a fully democratic country and get rid of this symbol of social tyranny; the monarchy. For too long our nation been burdened with this undemocratic institution. Our allies across the Atlantic freed themselves from their influence 200 years ago and have not looked back since.
We aim to
- Abolish the monarchy
- Abolish the house of lords
- Create a Presidential position and administration
- Create a senate
Of course our party isn't just about reforming the political system, it would be irresponsible to simply prioritise this in hard economic times. In order to be prosperous we must first deal with the debt. A country cannot have a strong economy if they are too burdened by debt. The Republican Party proposes that we default on these debts in a similar way as Iceland did. Of course this means we will be in no position to borrow money.
Why borrow money? Why can't we just live within our means? Under Republican party leadership we would live within our means rather than borrowing money in order to create artificial short term economic growth. With our debt wiped out over night we will finally be able to create real growth and have real progress. Look at countries like Greece, this is the future we face under the other political parties. Our government has amassed over £1 trillion of debt yet all other parties expect us to pay that back. This is money taken from you and your children to go into the pockets of bankers. Our economy cannot grow if large chunks are being taken from it in the form of debt repayments. Look at
We are the only serious alternative to the mainstream political parties that brought us this mess. We are the only ones that offer real change. We are the only ones that present effective ideas to change the course of our economy.
A vote for liberals is a vote for today
A vote for conservatives is a vote for tomorrow
A vote for Republican is vote for today and tomorrow.
We need 10 members to form this party. We will not be able to contest the current election but we will recruit and form a base in contention for the next election in 6 months time.
- Bring our troops home from Afghanistan and other countries
- Only fight defensive wars
- Cut all foreign aid
- Adopt a neutral foreign policy
- Remove all sanctions from other nations
- Throw out the old tax code
- Remove VAT
- Remove all item specific tax such as fuel tax
- All earnings below £3k per year
- All earnings £3k-£10k 10% tax rate
- All earnings £10k-£50k 30%
- All earnings above £50k 45%
- Capital gains will now count as income and the same tax rates will be used
- Corporation tax for profit below £1 million per year will be 5%
- Corporation tax for profits above £1million per year will be 25%
- Return of the death penalty
- Decriminalise all drug related activity
- Decriminalise internet piracy
- Negotiate a fairer deportation policy with America
- Allow people to defend themselves within reason
- Make doctors specialise in areas in order to half the training time
- Increase the number of doctors trained
- Reduce doctor wages
- Do not spend thousands of pounds of public money to extend the life of a 90 year old by 3 months
- Privatise the bottom 20% of UK universities
- Make education cheaper by investigating
- Cut some subjects from the curriculum such as Drama and Dance to make room for more Maths, English and Science lessons. This will improve our international standards and make students employable.
- Utilise the internet in order to make education better and cheaper.
(Original post by Birchington)
An interesting fusion of republicanism and right-wing policy. I'll take republicanism but leave the rest of your misguided policy ideas.
My main vision for the party is for it be as democratic as possible. All positions and policies will be chosen by its members. They are just some ideas I had and I would be willing to debate them with others. Another key note is the leadership position does no belong to one individual we will have a democratic primary process.