Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Year 10 French - how much have you learnt so far?

Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm in year 10 and I chose French for one of my options.

This year, we've learnt:
    • the present tense
    • the perfect tense
    • irregular verbs in the perfect tense
    • the perfect infinitive
    • reflexive verbs
    • time phrases (last week, etc.)

And most of the above is just revision from years 7, 8 and 9. I'm slightly worried because another class which has a different French teacher seems to be whizzing through the work - they've done extra tenses (e.g. the conditional) and they've done past papers too. My teacher goes over the same thing for ages, and last week it took the class 2 hours to mark three worksheets
    So basically, I was wondering what have you learnt this far? Is my class far behind or what? :eek:
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd say your class is a bit behind and the other class is way ahead.

You're off to a good start, but make sure you know both future tenses, the imperfect and the modal verbs before your exams.

As for the other class, I didn't learn the conditional until AS level (apart from set phrases like "je voudrais") so I wouldn't worry about not doing the same stuff as them.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tingirl)
    Hi! I'm in year 10 and I chose French for one of my options.

This year, we've learnt:
    • the present tense
    • the perfect tense
    • irregular verbs in the perfect tense
    • the perfect infinitive
    • reflexive verbs
    • time phrases (last week, etc.)

And most of the above is just revision from years 7, 8 and 9. I'm slightly worried because another class which has a different French teacher seems to be whizzing through the work - they've done extra tenses (e.g. the conditional) and they've done past papers too. My teacher goes over the same thing for ages, and last week it took the class 2 hours to mark three worksheets
    So basically, I was wondering what have you learnt this far? Is my class far behind or what? :eek:
    I did all of the above list in year 9. This year we've gone over the conditional and done the passive recently. In general we've just worked through the textbook, working on improving sentence structures and expanding vocabulary.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh my days in year 10 French was doss then in year 11 I worked so hard lol... caught up with everything. I think I only knew present and perfect tense verbs, though my vocab was amazingggg.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 23, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.