The Student Room Group

FOOD AND DRINK: The GREATER of Two Evils!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Uncomfortably full. It ruins the lovely meal you've just enjoyed and makes you regret it. Happens to me so much and I'm like ah damn you second helping! :biggrin:

Having to hold gum in your mouth even when there's no flavour left as there's no bin available

Or

Having to swallow something you hate/would normally spit out at a posh dinner party?
Reply 181
I asked this exact one!! The greater evil for me is the first. At least with the second it can be satisfied with SANDWICH POWER, but the former just has to be sweated out. Belly-patting does NOTHING.

EDIT FOR NINJA DANI.

The second is worse for me, because with the latter, I literally whip out a receipt, spit it into that, and just wait until I reach a bin.

WHAT'S THE GREATER OF TWO EVILS:

When the Chef has:

Been OTT with the Garlic,

or

Been OTT with the Chilli?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 182
OTT with the garlic is worse. At least with the chilli, it's an excuse to eat my bodyweight in chocolate after!

What worse?

Being really thirsty and not having a drink to hand?
OR
Having a really bad taste in your mouth and not having gum to hand?
Original post by *Rouge*
OTT with the garlic is worse. At least with the chilli, it's an excuse to eat my bodyweight in chocolate after!

What worse?

Being really thirsty and not having a drink to hand?
OR
Having a really bad taste in your mouth and not having gum to hand?

Having a really bad taste in your mouth and not having gum to hand?-this is definitely worst because some tastes are horrific but I will also add that I wouldn't reach for gum-I would just have to live through the taste like I have to when I have nurofen tablets.

GREATER OF TWO EVILS?

Being starving with nothing to eat?or being full with food to eat and watching people eat food,which was tastier than what you have ate and thinking I wish I could have some but I'm full?
Reply 184
The first one for me, is worse. I've been there, during uni, literally eating a smashed jar of gherkins out of the sink. Dire times.

WHAT'S THE GREATER OF TWO EVILS?

Eating something you haven't in AGES, only to rediscover it's NOWHERE NEARLY as good as you recall, with a disgusting new recipe

or

Your product being taken off the shelves altogether, discontinued for good?
Reply 185
The former. I ate wotsits today and they're a shadow of their former selves. They taste like the weight watchers version - hardly any cheesy residue on fingers etc Massive disappointment, at least if they were discontinued during their peak then they'd remain a happy nostalgic memory.

GREATER EVIL:

Eating Chips without any sauce/condiments

or

Eating a beef burger by itself (no bun/salad etc)
Reply 186
Aw man, unless it's a chippy burger (ie, in batter), then the second one is BY FAR the worse of the two. I remember when I went to a friend's house for dinner and his mum said it was burger and chips. I was so chuffed. Turns out it was a plate, one Birdseye brown coaster and a handful of wee chips on the plate. They ate them like cutlets. Knife and Fork job. I was like WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!

If it's nice potatoey chips on the other hand, I love the taste of the inner tattie when it stands alone.

Someone who doesn't lick the yoghurt lid,

or

Someone who doesn't eat their ice cream wafer cone (I have some snob pals that refuse to eat them if they're not biscuit cones as the wafer ones "taste crap" apparently. Heathens)?
Original post by TotoMimo
Aw man, unless it's a chippy burger (ie, in batter), then the second one is BY FAR the worse of the two. I remember when I went to a friend's house for dinner and his mum said it was burger and chips. I was so chuffed. Turns out it was a plate, one Birdseye brown coaster and a handful of wee chips on the plate. They ate them like cutlets. Knife and Fork job. I was like WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!

If it's nice potatoey chips on the other hand, I love the taste of the inner tattie when it stands alone.

Someone who doesn't lick the yoghurt lid,

or

Someone who doesn't eat their ice cream wafer cone (I have some snob pals that refuse to eat them if they're not biscuit cones as the wafer ones "taste crap" apparently. Heathens)?

Not licking the Yogurt lid. That's the thickest, creamiest part. Send your lids my way and I'll happily lick them for all you NON-LICKERS.

Which is worse:

The spilling of your baguette/sandwich/wrap spilling out and losing half the contents to the floor where it gets eaten by a dog with a fondness for sarnie/wrap fillings.

or

biting into a hot melt/slice/pastie at Greggs or somewhere and the half the hot contents come out the other end and their lost to the dirty pavement
Reply 188
The latter because it happens quite a lot. Bits of sausage rolls always crumble and fall to oblivion when eating them in a dash. I don't find it so much with sandwiches, perhaps because I tend to eat them in a settled position as oppossed to munching a sausage roll from a small supermarket on the street.

GREATER EVIL:

Eating Hard stale bread

OR

Drinking cold tea
Reply 189
Eating hard stale bread is the greater evil. Cold tea isn't too bad and if I was really desperate, I'd put it in a microwave!

As inspired by my breakfast fail this morning:

Adding too much milk to your porridge so that you might as well use a straw
OR
Not adding enough milk to your porridge so that it's all thick and gloopy?
Not enough milk is worse. Too much milk will just mean more sweet, oaty milk. I'll spoon that up no worries :wink:

What's worse,
Your dinner going cold before you get to finish it

or

your dinner being SO hot you can't eat it for ages, and your ravenous.
Your dinner going cold before you've finished. :frown: It's so depressing!! :biggrin:

Which one is the greater evil?

Biting a cinnamon stick

or

Biting on a cardamon seed in a curry

Can I just say having just discovered the Food and Drink area...... it's going to be the ruin of my grades!! :tongue:
Reply 192
Biting on a cardamon seed in a curry. It's always by surprise.

GREATER EVIL:

FLAT COKE

OR

STALE POPPADUM
Original post by Fusion
Biting on a cardamon seed in a curry. It's always by surprise.

GREATER EVIL:

FLAT COKE

OR

STALE POPPADUM

Flat coke. Ewwwwww. Even worse if its normal coke, then its just sugar water :s-smilie:

Greater evil:

Getting a bacon sarnie but finding they didn't butter/margerine the bun...

OR...

Squeezing the condiment bottle only to realize that it isn't full, the last bits were just stuck to the outside, givng you a false appearance of the contents...
Reply 194
The latter.

Not shaking the Ketchup and getting that horrid liquid dribble all over your chips

OR

Putting freshly made toast onto a slightly damp plate you've just washed up
The last one! My mum annoys me so much with washing up, she doesn't dry up and makes drinks in them so it's like apple juice with a touch of soap sud. I don't wanna drink Fairy Up mother!!

What is worse:
Dropping yogurt down your front

or

dropping all popcorn down your front and it's all sticky and you're walking round town with it on after
Yoghurt. You can always pick off the popcorn for a tasty snack while you're walking around town, but if you dropped yoghurt it would drip off, or you would have to carry a spoon around to eat it off your front.

What is worse:

Tea with no sugar,

Or

Coffee with no sugar!
Tea with no sugar is worse. Can taste bitter at times without the added sweetness, whereas I always have coffee without sugar. I like it's own individual flavour :biggrin:

What is worse:

Buying a toffee crisp and there were no "crisp" bits in there

or

Buying a dairy milk fruit and nut and there's no nuts!
No crisp to a toffee crisp, it's not nice without it, whilst Dairy milk is still nice without the nuts :smile:

The worst of two evils

Cream Soda (that nasty American stuff)

or

Coca Cola Zero

????????
Wtf, cream soda is amazing! :sogood: Coke zero tastes like ass so is clearly the worst here. :yucky:

What's worse...

the grainy bit left in the bottom of a cup of filter coffee

when you squeeze the tea bag too hard and some of the filling goes in your tea.

Quick Reply

Latest