The Student Room Group

FOOD AND DRINK: The GREATER of Two Evils!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fantaisie
Cold tea is awful but I don't mind flat fizzy drinks.

you have burnt the last peices of toast

or

brown bits in the banana

brown bits in the banana-burnt toast ain't too bad

GREATER OF TWO EVILS

Toast with Squashed pineapple on top or Strawberries in mint chocolate ice cream,with coke mixed in
You sick person haha.

Seeing as I don't like mint chocolate ice cream, I'll say that's worse. Also the coke..why just why?!
I like pineapple and I like toast so I could handle that.

What's worse..

Ordering a black coffee and being given a heavily milky coffee
OR
Ordering a cup of tea, expecting English Breakfast, and being given Early Grey
Reply 142
Being given the wrong tea is so much worse. Do not mess with me when I'm gasping for a cup of tea!

What's worse? Coming home and opening your meal from the takeaway, only to find that they've forgotten to put in the burger or the chips?
Reply 143
Forgetting the burger is worse. At least it makes for a reasonably balanced and scrumptous meal by itself unlike chips.

What's worse:

Finding a box of coco pops empty

or

Making tea then finding there's no milk left
Original post by Fusion
Forgetting the burger is worse. At least it makes for a reasonably balanced and scrumptous meal by itself unlike chips.

What's worse:

Finding a box of coco pops empty

or

Making tea then finding there's no milk left

Making tea and there being no milk! Bane of my bloody life!

What is worse?

Having too much mayonnaise on a sandwich

or

There not being enough mayonnaise on a sandwich?
Having too much is worse. & all the supermarkets seem to absolutely rape their sandwiches with mayonnaise so I'd prefer to find one with the teeniest, tiniest amount.

What's the greater of two evils:

Putting too much salt on your chips

or

Putting too much vinegar on your chips?
Reply 146
Too much salt, easily. Vinegar is still tolerable in reasonably high quantities, but salt just makes everything taste horrible past a certain point.

What's the greater of two evils:

Finding out your favourite beer has just run out in the pub you've gone to before you got to have a pint

or

Opening a bottle of wine and finding out it's corked?
Reply 147
Cerdog, the worst of those two would be the latter; I mean, I always have my second/third choice of lager, but if my bottle of wine I already own has corked, then I'm out of pocket and GUTTED. When a lovely bottle of red has corked my tears are like SUPER SOAKERS.

WHAT'S THE GREATER OF TWO EVILS:

MACARONI CHEESE WITH ALMOST NO CHEESE

or

MACARONI CHEESE MADE WITH AN OFFENSIVELY HIGH AMOUNT OF STRONG PONGY CHEESE?
Reply 148
Almost no cheese!!
Nothing worse than something cheesy not being cheesy!

What's the greater of two evils...

lumpy gravy?

or

lumpy custard?
Reply 149
Lumpy custard! Nothing worse than lumpy dairy products...

Undercooked chips?

or

Those crisps/chips that have gone a bit green?
Reply 150
green crisps/chips cos they're inedible

dipping a biscuit in tea and it turning to mush
or
dropping the last bite/spoonful/etc. of a food you love right before you put it in your mouth?
Original post by maz :)

or
dropping the last bite/spoonful/etc. of a food you love right before you put it in your mouth?

I would hate to drop the last spoonful of a tasty product so it has to be the Greater of two evils and some people actually do dip biscuits into tea.

GREATER OF TWO EVILS

Drinking toilet water or Regurgitated Tango?
Reply 152
Original post by maz :)

or

Dropping the last bite at least the biscuit can be reclaimed as tea flavoured mush at the bottom of the cup. That last bite is gone forever!

Seeded grape with tons of seeds but tons of flavour or bland tasteless seedless grape?
Reply 153
The latter, because seeded grapes are worst and the fact that an unseeded grape was such a let down is disappointing!

An overly fried and thus greasy prawn sesame toast

Or

An overly fried and thus greasy samosa?
Reply 154
Bland grapes, seedless or not, would be utterly pointless. I mean, seeds are a nuisance, but that's like saying "would you rather eat calorific flavourless cake, or delicious cake where, with every bite, someone nipped your arm?" - sure, the nipping is a nuisance but MmMmMmmm!

Therefore, BLAND GRAPES - GREATER EVIL.

WHAT'S THE GREATER OF TWO EVILS:

When you buy a punnet of fruit/berries with all exposed fruit looking delicious beyond words, only to open it to see all the hidden parts are COVERED IN FUR,

or

When you ask for something like Chicken Wings or Ribs and the person simply ASSUMES you want it doused in a particular sauce, and hands you the last available portion, sodden in OFFENSIVE GOOP.
Reply 155
The fur. The horrible HORRIBLE fur. I was so looking forward to ma fruity goodness!

An overly fried and thus greasy prawn sesame toast

Or

An overly fried and thus greasy samosa?
Reply 156
The overly fried prawn sesame toast is worst. Greasy samosas are actually pretty good with ketchup!

Running out of milk for a cuppa?

OR

Running of out milk for cereal?
Neither would bother me much as I like black tea and dry cereal..but probably the cereal, because if I fancied it with milk..I fancy it with milk! And there's no substitute really.

What's worse

Eating dinner and finding a hair

or

Eating dinner and finding a green/moudly bit
I'd say the latter. At least you can get rid of a hair if it's in your dinner. :sigh:

WHAT'S THE GREATER OF TWO EVILS?

Opening a fizzy drink that's been accidently (or intentionally :colone:) shaken up and have it spray all over you :angry:

Or

Opening a tin of Roses/Quality Street/Celebrations, only to discover that all of your favourite one's have been eaten by a cheeky sibling who's left the used wrappers in there :angry:
Reply 159
Original post by PoGo HoPz
I'd say the latter. At least you can get rid of a hair if it's in your dinner. :sigh:

WHAT'S THE GREATER OF TWO EVILS?

Opening a fizzy drink that's been accidently (or intentionally :colone:) shaken up and have it spray all over you :angry:

Or

Opening a tin of Roses/Quality Street/Celebrations, only to discover that all of your favourite one's have been eaten by a cheeky sibling who's left the used wrappers in there :angry:

Finding only wrappers of your favourites by far!! At least if your drink sprays everywhere, there is usually some left!

What's the greater of two evils?

Crushed biscuit in your pocket?
OR
Melted chocolate bar in your pocket?
(Neither are in wrappers)

Quick Reply

Latest