Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

Anglia Ruskin University 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
Original post by BoboG
Hi
I am new to this thread and have only just posted a few times.
I want to apply to ARU to start in Sept 2013 to do
BSc (Hons) Healthcare Science. I have been checking the web for reviews and i am getting mixed reviews in general about the Uni and courses. I would really appreciate any input on this course as it is fairly new i think 2010 but has changed recently under the new government Modernizing Scientific Careers. I have seen a few comments posted saying the teaching is no good and they dont like Modernizing Scientific Careers etc.

Hi
I am new to this thread and have only just posted a few times.
I want to apply to ARU to start in Sept 2013 to do
BSc (Hons) Healthcare Science. I have been checking the web for reviews and i am getting mixed reviews in general about the Uni and courses. I would really appreciate any input on this course as it is fairly new i think 2010 but has changed recently under the new government Modernizing Scientific Careers. I have seen a few comments posted saying the teaching is no good and they dont like Modernizing Scientific Careers etc.
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
Hello Bobo, sorry I've been busy with things to respond.

My only real suggestion would be that a review on the web can be highly subjective; most cases, people will likely post negative reviews compared to positive ones, which is effectively the same on any online forum - the real way to get a good idea is to get a wide range of resources.

Take some time to go to an Open Day, ask students about the university life, the course, etc. and you'll get a much better sample to base a judgement on. :smile:
Reply 542
Original post by FPRider
Hello Bobo, sorry I've been busy with things to respond.

My only real suggestion would be that a review on the web can be highly subjective; most cases, people will likely post negative reviews compared to positive ones, which is effectively the same on any online forum - the real way to get a good idea is to get a wide range of resources.

Take some time to go to an Open Day, ask students about the university life, the course, etc. and you'll get a much better sample to base a judgement on. :smile:

Hi FPRIDER

Apologies also for not replying earlier but thanks for the advise and i am going to the open day in Novemebr to get a better idea
Good on you! Who knows, you might see me around the place.
Reply 544
Pretty sure i'll be doing Sports coaching and physical education with a foundation year at ARU (had an unconditional) starting in September 2013.

Anyone have any idea how and when to apply for accommodation and has anyone got any advice or preference on where to stay?

My first choice is one of the on-campus halls simply because its handy and should be a great way to meet folks...

Anyone else looking to do something similar to the above? course or accommodation wise?
Original post by dave_123
Pretty sure i'll be doing Sports coaching and physical education with a foundation year at ARU (had an unconditional) starting in September 2013.

Anyone have any idea how and when to apply for accommodation and has anyone got any advice or preference on where to stay?

My first choice is one of the on-campus halls simply because its handy and should be a great way to meet folks...

Anyone else looking to do something similar to the above? course or accommodation wise?

For Accommodation, always do it as soon as you can - you don't even need to have an offer from the uni to apply for it. Plus, I found even though I had medical requirements and was lucky to get a place, if I had left it too late, I'd certainly have been required to get private accommodation.

I do believe that the Sports Coaching comes under a BSc, so I can happily answer any questions that you may have on the issue, particularly as I was nominated as a fellow Course Representative. Feel free to give me a PM if you want to discuss these things. :smile:
Reply 546
I got a conditional offer to study Law :smile: Anyone else applying for this course at the Cambridge campus?
Reply 547
Original post by Indyy
I got a conditional offer to study Law :smile: Anyone else applying for this course at the Cambridge campus?

Hi though you might like to know that there is a thread made for Anglia Ruskin 2013 so you might find someone who will be doing the same course as u

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Im going to ARU this September, to study construction :smile: I applied for accommodation and accepted it. Anyone else living in 41 Ransomes Way? Or close? If so let me know :biggrin:.
Original post by jimbo210894
Im going to ARU this September, to study construction :smile: I applied for accommodation and accepted it. Anyone else living in 41 Ransomes Way? Or close? If so let me know :biggrin:.

Bit of thread necromancy eh?

There's a sticky at the top of this forum for 2013 entry. :smile:
Original post by littlehippiegirl
I'm going to Anglia Ruskin Cambridge in September to study audio& music technology. Does anyone else live outside Cambridge & plan on commuting in every day?

I live outside of cambridge and i will be using the guided bus!
Reply 551
Original post by xteen
hey,
anyone studying accounting from Sept?

ThatAamirGuy -> im at Crick, flat 65 hello neighbour :smile:

Hiya! I'm in crick 65! Are you too? :smile:
Original post by Mol5694
Hiya! I'm in crick 65! Are you too? :smile:

Anglia Ruskin University 2012 - Thread Title.

The Necromancers are horrible beings! </3
Reply 553
anyone know how the architecture department is?
and how long do I have to accept/reject the offer?
Hi i was just wondering how lenient are ARU with grades on results day?
Reply 555
how are their SOCIAL WORK INTERVIEWS LIKE? going for an interview next week..help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending